WA - 6 y.o. hospitalized after (false report of) bullying, Olympia, Aug 2018

perfectingpink

Reaction score
A 5-year-old started the bullying. :(

6-year-old boy ends up in hospital after standing up to bullies

[....]

Carter says he was attacked by a group of kids around his age at his apartment complex Wednesday afternoon. He says he confronted the group for bullying his friend.

[....]

They beat Carter with rocks and sticks and rubbed sawdust in his eyes. He ended up with a broken arm, lacerated eye and several cuts and bruises across his head and face.

Olympia Boy, 6, Hospitalized After Standing Up To Bullies

By the time the other seven kids were done beating Dana English's 6-year-old son, Carter, he had a broken arm, lacerated eye, and several cuts and bruises across his face. He may lose his eye as a result of the encounter outside an Olympia apartment complex last week.

[....]

Cards may be sent to Carter and his mother to a post office box provided by Armstrong Racing. The address is:

P.O. Box 13381
Olympia, WA 98508

Poor little guy....and these are young kids! Good grief. Mama said she was at work so I am wondering where the adult(s) that are responsible for watching the little ones were. 5 and 6 is too young to be without supervision :( I wonder if any of the kids were older or something. I hope he makes a full recovery

Mother, 6-year-old boy, made up story about being attacked by bullies, police say

""The injuries sustained by the child are the result of a fall, which occurred at the apartment complex on the date in question, not an assault," Olympia Police said in a news release Thursday. "As a result, there are no suspects of any age.""

So, if it was a fall, why did mom make up this story? Was he left unsupervised and she tried to cover up?

I did find it a tad hard to believe. Mom wasn't the most endearing but I'm still surprised. I figured when her social media was wiped that something was coming. Very sad that he went through the pain, I do hope it was truly an accident.

I found the original story a bit hard to believe as well. Sounds like his inures were not consistent with the original claims.

It's not clear that the mother knew what actually happened. The reports I read said she found him at the bottom of the stairs so it sounds like she went off of what he told her. Perhaps he wasn't supposed to be playing by the stairs? I dunno. LE notified social services so if this was anything other than an accident the truth will come out. Given that the boy was badly injured I'll give mom a pass since she was probably preoccupied with getting him help.

It's distressing because parents are told to believe what their kids tell them - and I agree - but they also need to verify the story to the best of their ability. There have been other news items in the past year or so about kids making up stories of assaults and there have also been many reports of adults making up stories about being bullied.

I wish people wouldn't jump to so quickly. It's bad enough to see campaigns on behalf of people who turn out to be perpetrators of crimes. It seems like the old days of one's community stepping in to help those in need has morphed into worldwide pleas to strangers.

All I can say is know the facts before opening your wallet. Sometimes people lie.

I find it hard to believe social services would step in if there was a misunderstanding or the boy lied.

I find it hard to believe social services would step in if there was a misunderstanding or the boy lied.
It could be that it's only a precaution since the boy was hurt pretty badly from the fall. I doubt we'll hear anything more about it unless something is found during the investigation.

Eye surgery from a fall down the steps? Making up a story so quickly when he was found? Um, I'm still going to wait for the real story to evolve. I don't think this version is it.

Concrete steps certainly can do that kind of damage.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back