Identified! WA - Burien, WhtFem ,97UFWA, 12-18, Green River victim, Mar'84 - Wendy Stephens

Kerry Lynelle Johnson
http://doenetwork.org/cases/150dfor.html
KJohnson.jpg
97ufwa3.jpg

Went missing September 14, 1982 from Oregon. She traveled to Reno and San Jose.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

The girl above slightly reminds me of mount Vernon Jane doe. Just younger in the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheryl Wyant 1964 California has been added as a rule out.

Long shot... but what do you guys think of

Shelley Diane Luty?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1463dfpa.html

Jane doe
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/97ufwa.html

Namus-
https://identifyus.org/cases/9927

Both Shelley and the Doe have the same general description, (age,height,hair color) both have prior skull fractures and the same close set eyes.
The noses bother me a little, but Shelley's nose might look different from a straight on picture. (I can only find the one picture though)

I never read anything about Ridgeway being on the east coast, but the sketch of the guy on her dn page surprisingly kind of looks like him.

Thoughts?

I think she's a good potential candidate. At the minimum she should be ruled out. A belated welcome to Websleuths, Peppered_peach :welcome:!

You never want to assume anything, always go for a manual comparison and rule out.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2906/135

Luty's Namus page says she has DNA available, and so does the unidentified woman. We're being told we can assume that's a ruleout by default.

Ok bare with me, I'm still confused on the whole DNA comparisons maybe you guys can answer this. I don't know what they collect when they do so below is just a hypothetical question.

So there are two different kinds of DNA that they can collect. Nuclear which you inherited from all your ancestors, and microcondrial that you just get from your maternal side.

So if they took the nuclear from the bones, I think I read bones were nuclear, and the microcondrial from Shelley, would they still hit, or do they have to be compared to the same form of DNA?

Ok bare with me, I'm still confused on the whole DNA comparisons maybe you guys can answer this. I don't know what they collect when they do so below is just a hypothetical question.

So there are two different kinds of DNA that they can collect. Nuclear which you inherited from all your ancestors, and microcondrial that you just get from your maternal side.

So if they took the nuclear from the bones, I think I read bones were nuclear, and the microcondrial from Shelley, would they still hit, or do they have to be compared to the same form of DNA?

They would have to be the same.

We no longer have access to information as to which kind is available.

But the answer I'm getting from Namus and UNT is that if both profiles say DNA, and aren't flagged as a match, they won't look at it. They're overworked and don't have a budget right now, and they aren't going to be interested in double checking.

I just hope they're right and matches aren't being missed.

They would have to be the same.

We no longer have access to information as to which kind is available.

But the answer I'm getting from Namus and UNT is that if both profiles say DNA, and aren't flagged as a match, they won't look at it. They're overworked and don't have a budget right now, and they aren't going to be interested in double checking.

I just hope they're right and matches aren't being missed.

Yes I agree, hopefully they aren't being missed.

If you feel strongly that she could be a match, you might be able to contact her LE to request the comparison.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

If you feel strongly that she could be a match, you might be able to contact her LE to request the comparison.

What are your thoughts? You've been at this longer than I have. Do you think she's a good candidate? I just don't want to waste anyone's time looking at something I might have overlooked. Is everything close enough?

Teresa Hammon 1963 California has been added to the rule out list.

What are your thoughts? You've been at this longer than I have. Do you think she's a good candidate? I just don't want to waste anyone's time looking at something I might have overlooked. Is everything close enough?
She doesn't seem to me to be that strong a possibility. If it were me, I'd probably try to do some more digging to see if there were circumstances that would make her more likely.

She doesn't seem to me to be that strong a possibility. If it were me, I'd probably try to do some more digging to see if there were circumstances that would make her more likely.

I dug father and found that Shelley Luty had a capped front tooth, which I don't believe (haven't looked at this thread in awhile) is consistent with this JD.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back