Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's important to remember that LE has not put forth a hypothesis about what happened; they are saying they do not have sufficient evidence to make a conclusion at this time. They are still investigating.

They're not allowed to make that conclusion - they present their evidence to the ME who does that. That's why they have been guarded with what they say, like "there is no evidence of homicidal violence" "you have to put emotion aside" etc. Once they get all this remaining evidence back, they'll give it to the ME who will either rule it a suicide, or leave it as undetermined. (unless of course they find evidence of homicide)

(quote from family)
"Lenore Peterson, Cheryl DeBoer’s mother, commented, “As confusing as the news reports are, our family is unwilling to discontinue the investigation surrounding Cheryl’s death. It is inconceivable that Cheryl would take meat out of the freezer for dinner, text the driver of her carpool that she would be at the park and ride in 10 minutes, park her car, walk 1 1/2 miles, crawl through brambles and mud, put a plastic bag over her head and lie face down in a cold shallow creek to end her life.”

I just remembered a case from near SeaTac a couple of years ago. To those that say she had no history of depression or erratic behavior, there are sudden onset health issues something like dementia that are rare but do happen and cause people to behave very irrationally.

We had a 911 call about a woman a bit older than CD reported to be naked lying under a parked car. She'd abandoned her car several blocks away (which we later found in the middle of the street, door open, keys thrown away nearby). She was eventually found naked in bed in someone's house a few blocks the other direction. No history of mental illness, no history of dementia, Alzheimers or drug use, this all happened within a day or so. I don't know what the medical term is, but it was extremely sudden onset of completely irrational behavior.

Thankfully she didn't hurt herself.

With all respect IMO they are doing their job!

I agree, they are
The investigation is not over
They can't find evidence that isn't there
And as has been stated over and over again, they release what they want to release, not what we want

I don't feel that a police department is going to cover up a murder and call it suicide
All they can do is investigate, and reach a conclusion based on what they find. It sounds like they have not found anything to suggest murder to date

With all respect IMO they are doing their job!
I know, I just don't understand. This is so frustrating. I can't imagine what it's like for the family. And what on earth is going on with the overnight trickle of information? So odd.

I really believe in Pickard. I think he's thorough and smart, It's just hard to understand all of this. So very sad and perplexing.

ETA, if she was murdered this was not random at all, in my opinion, it was carefully planned.

The news articles said "wrapped around the head" not tied in any way.

If she tied the bag itself using the handles, it would probably eventually work open in the water. It doesn't have to be a super strong knot if you are trying to kill yourself. Also, that description is pretty vague... we don't know the actual state of the bag when she went in the water. Besides which, in my theory, it doesn't have to be secure enough to prevent air coming in, because the pressure of the water will do that. I'm not suggesting anyone experiment with it, but I still believe the effect would be like inhaling a deflated balloon, with the water holding it there.

I just can't comprehend why there would be animal blood inside the car. Why would it only be on the floorboard? If an animal was injured and bleeding, I don't think it would hold still while losing blood in the confines of an automobile. Seems like it would be moving around.

Far fetched, but what if someone opened the door and an animal jumped in and attacked. Cheryl cut the animal in defense, and accidentally cut her fingers at the same time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Respectfully BBM.

If I were using animal blood to stage a crime scene, my thought process would be somewhere along the lines of "But I don't want to put a lot of it on a seat (or anything that is covered in fabric for that matter) because that would be pretty hard to clean for whomever that ends up having to clean it," as opposed to the floorboard covered with a plastic or rubber mat.

Off-topic: Sitting down and writing about the thoughts that come into my head when my brain is not functioning particularly well has really helped me realize how so completely irrational my thinking becomes when I am not doing so well, and I would like to thank everyone on here for giving me the opportunity and a safe space to do so :).

This slow trickle of information is RIDICULOUS! I really tried to support MLT PD, but what the hell are they doing?

They explained that in the new article, a lot of forensics still waiting for results. Very typical in cases like this, especially for a small PD. They're bringing in the right resources - I know some of the people they've used.

You also have to understand they are not going to publicly release every piece of information they have.

I know, I just don't understand. This is so frustrating. I can't imagine what it's like for the family. And what on earth is going on with the overnight trickle of information? So odd.
SOMETHING was going on in this womans life.
If this was her way out.

Did Cheryl have any plans for Valentine's Day or her wedding anniversary?

Would Cheryl have gone out to eat at a local restaurant on one of those special occasions?
I understand she was found on Valentine's Day, and her wedding anniversary was even after that date...

Is the plastic bag from one of her favorite restaurants?

Which restaurant is the plastic bag from?

IMOO.

Did this lady have any friends?
Someone she went to lunch and shopping with?
Someone she might maybe confide in?

Maybe there's no evidence of a struggle because she chose not to struggle, but instead to bide her time and look for an opportunity to escape.

Staging your suicide to make it look like murder... if we assume that's what this is, why keep the razor blade? That is a monkey wrench. I think it's much more likely that the blade happened to be in her pocket, forgotten about. Maybe she used it to get stickers off her car windows (I've used one for that). Who knows. My organization level sounds a lot like Cheryl's (messy desk, forgot badge, etc), and the pockets of my most frequently used coat are full of stuff. (I don't use a purse - and neither did Cheryl, so I think it's a valid comparison.) I couldn't even tell you what's in my coat pockets and I'm sure some of that stuff has been in there for months. So if the blade was one of many things found in her coat pocket, for example, it could be a red herring.

Did Cheryl have any plans for Valentine's Day or her wedding anniversary?

Would Cheryl have gone out to eat at a local restaurant on one of those special occasions?
I understand she was found on Valentine's Day, and her wedding anniversary was even after that date...

Is the plastic bag from one of her favorite restaurants?

Which restaurant is the plastic bag from?

IMOO.

Was there trouble in the marriage possibly?

I am sorry but I just cannot see Cheryl's death as a homicide. It would be far too bizarre for a typical morning on the way to be work, to be waylaid and killed in this manner, unless she was a spy or had a very specific, evil, enemy. Or somene with something to gain by her death looking like a suicide. And if so, that would likely have been discovered or already known. Jmo

I agree. I know people are upset with LE but I can see why they are having trouble with this case. It is very strange. The razor blade makes it almost impossible for me not to be open to suicide as a viable scenario.

The animal blood is what really makes this case bizarre.

Where the is the kitty now?

Could have the animal blood been on someone's shoes if it were on the floor?

Was there any hunting done on that weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to ask a couple of questions that only Stryker57 would know:

1) When was the last time Cheryl drove somewhere in her car alone, prior to that Monday morning ?? Did she go anywhere on Superbowl Sunday.....beer run, grocery store, anything like that ??

2) Have any of the neighbors living closeby reported one of their pets missing unexpectedly ? Has anyone in the neighborhood been searching for a lost pet ?

3) While leaving for work that Monday, is her car visible while backing up and driving away ?

4) When was the last time somebody was actually riding in that particular vehicle with her ?

Please answer these questions if you can when you get online.

Maybe there's no evidence of a struggle because she chose not to struggle, but instead to bide her time and look for an opportunity to escape.

Staging your suicide to make it look like murder... if we assume that's what this is, why keep the razor blade? That is a monkey wrench. I think it's much more likely that the blade happened to be in her pocket, forgotten about. Maybe she used it to get stickers off her car windows (I've used one for that). Who knows. My organization level sounds a lot like Cheryl's (messy desk, forgot badge, etc), and the pockets of my most frequently used coat are full of stuff. I couldn't even tell you what's in them. So if it was one of many things found in her coat pocket, for example, it could be a red herring.

Funny how we all are. My coat pockets are empty, except the coats I wear when I walk our dogs. I have plastic bags in those pockets to pick up poop. And kleenex to blow my nose.

I would not put a razor blade in my pocket because I could CUT my fingers reaching into my pocket.

I am pretty organized, so my thought process is just my own.

IMOO.

They're not allowed to make that conclusion - they present their evidence to the ME who does that. That's why they have been guarded with what they say, like "there is no evidence of homicidal violence" "you have to put emotion aside" etc. Once they get all this remaining evidence back, they'll give it to the ME who will either rule it a suicide, or leave it as undetermined. (unless of course they find evidence of homicide)
f.

Sure, I understand. I posted my comments because I think some folks here, and in the community, seem to feel that MLT LE has concluded that it definitely was suicide. I don't think that's accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member