Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
11b449aac8f9a9842096fa0a391c8f90.jpg

East side of culvert facing 205th St (up hill). This is the "T-bone" where 205th meets/ends at Cedar Way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

c95ae63b1d796ad82d829e79a9b46fd1.jpg

Mountlake Terrace monument on east side of culvert.

db54d9b711279368026c23025c2d4791.jpg

Side view of monument and surrounding area. It's marshy, doesnt look so much like a vehicle can park here without getting stuck. Anyone who's been here, comments please.

226468798f215f161457c9263b4d559a.jpg

Left side of monument

c09910d51e30c4177dd40706f2b2b90b.jpg

Southeast side of culvert.

07654e0c5d54c48d10ede065f05ce5ec.jpg

Eastside of culvert, facing north on Cedar Way.

These photos, and the previous ones you posted are stunning. They give a much better perspective of the scene where Cheryl was found.
One photo has a large area missing moss in the middle of an area of concrete wall outside the ditch tunnel.
Where I live we would call that a ditch instead of a culvert. Maybe.....

I find it really odd that her son said she wouldn't lock her car at home, but the police found her car "locked and secured" ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her husband found the car. Perhaps if it was unlocked, he locked it before the police found the car.

I also wanted to add that if she were to be accosted while she was in her vehicle, would the perp lock her car?

Is it possible that even though Cheryl kept her car unlocked at home, that she locked it because she didn't want anything stolen, or want her family to have to go through more issues if the car was broken into, or stolen. ( Can they hotwire cars anymore? Her car was an older model.)

IMOO.

Thank you for the great pictures of the culvert. They certainly give a clear picture of the area that has so much meaning to all of us.

f9ec279f4da573ec8604bae0cb67a242.jpg

Walking north on this sidewalk, one parallels Lyon Creek flowing south to culvert. There are a LOT of
VERY thorny blackberry bushes, etc. covering the 10-20 feet from sidewalk to creek. This growth, from what I can discern, both covers and extends into and over creek.

Approximately 125 ft. (rough estimate) up this sidewalk there is a green, kind of mossy looking opening, providing unobstructed access to flowing water.

54742d3565b1ab027cf5e79c97d0e748.jpg

This is portion of fence which extends from sidewalk towards creek.

From sidewalk, the fence extends north on Cedar Way (right next to sidewalk), along private property...

How high in feet does anyone think or guess or know the inside of that culvert may be?

No disrespect intended. A question regarding life insurance policy. Does it matter if a person commits suicide where insurance is concerned? Was Cheryl's job unionized? Im curious more than i think it was a suicide. Based on what they've shared so far it seems mastermind or preposterous.

I agree with another poster (sorry can't recall the name) LE need to investigate the workplace and colleagues. The area she parks for how many years? Would you not see same people once or twice walking to and from the transit lot? Did LE ask questions in the neighbourhood? Notice any people hanging around? Watching? They advise to change your daily routine for this very reason. I think there is still lots to investigate. I know this takes a lot of manpower so i hope they have it.

I still lean toward someone she knows or has seen in the area. The entire morning routine after she left her house, so very odd. Someone saw her or a camera saw something in that area within that one hour or less window of time.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I don't always lock my car when it is at home in my driveway. But I always lock it when I am out somewhere, like a huge parking lot, and am leaving it all day.
I'm the same way. I will always lock my truck up when out somewhere, will even double check to make sure locked. But at home I hardly ever lock it up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That culvert looks like it would be a fun place for youngsters living nearby.

As far as life insurance, policies can be paid as long as the policy has been in effect for a designated period time, usually one or two years.

I think LE is up against immense pressure now to prove and support their case of suicide due to the obvious public response. I'm glad to hear the case is still open and they are still processing, examining evidence, etc, and that they will be in touch with Cheryl's family.

this was no suicide and if I were the family I have me a big ole lawn chair and a bull horn and I would sit out in front of the police station till I got the answers I want. Plus I would call every news station from here to Timbuck too and the press in Europe who love stuff like this.

I am praying for a better result for her family and for her honor...

The "walk away from the car" ? I don't believe that there is ANY evidence of her walking away from her car.

No mention of any drag marks. No tire prints from other cars.... she didn't fly there.

Gee I didnt know you could put a bag over your head and suffocate yourself, I thought that natural instinct to breahe would kick in and prevent this? Just like I thought you cant hold your breath till you die.

Walking north on this sidewalk, one parallels Lyon Creek flowing south to culvert. There are a LOT of VERY thorny blackberry bushes, etc. covering the 10-20 feet from sidewalk to creek. This growth, from what I can discern, both covers and extends into and over creek.

Great photos snipped...

Thanks for the photos and the info on the bushes. That Cheryl walked ~1.5 miles, then somehow avoided the dense coverage of thorny bushes and elected to sit or stand in the very cold water to proceed with her supposed plan doesn't seem likely to me. That someone placed her there does.

Gee I didnt know you could put a bag over your head and suffocate yourself, I thought that natural instinct to breahe would kick in and prevent this? Just like I thought you cant hold your breath till you die.

She had a plastic bag over her head and was found in water. So not just a plastic bag by itself.

I hope this works. This is a crime map from Trulia.com Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 12.20.34 AM.jpg I know there are better ones but interesting to see the crime activity in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidsmith107