WA WA - Christine Blackburn, was looking at properties in WA, ID and MT, Newport, 12 Aug 2021

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
NEWPORT, Wash. — Police are asking for help finding a missing Newport woman who was last seen a week and a half ago.

Christine Blackburn was last seen on security video on August 12 at 7:30 in the morning. She was driving eastbound on Highway 2 from Three Mile Corner Cafe in Bonners Ferry.

Her family told police she had been searching for isolated property for sale in northeast Washington, Idaho and western Montana.

Blackburn has a history of leaving a few days at a time without telling people but has never gone this long without contacting family.

Blackburn was last seen driving a 2019 green Subaru Forrester with Washington license plate BUA2248. Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to call the Newport Police Department at 509-447-6476 or the Pend Oreille County Sheriff’s Communications Center at 509-447-3151.

49e0eee6-9c6a-47eb-be9e-8f72cb853719_1140x641.jpg

Newport Police looking for woman last seen more than a week ago - KXLY

In a press release sent Monday police said Christine Blackburn was reported missing Aug. 17 by her husband.

Police searching for missing Newport woman last seen Aug. 12 | krem.com

Last edited:
Mmmmm, this might be a tuff one to trace considering that she is was looking for property in isolated places. A great opportunity for a "bad guy" to pose as a realtor or as a landowner... Scary.
Thanks for the thread. I'll follow.

Mmmmm, this might be a tuff one to trace considering that she is was looking for property in isolated places. A great opportunity for a "bad guy" to pose as a realtor or as a landowner... Scary.
Thanks for the thread. I'll follow.
I wonder if Christine used credit cards and so she could be traced that way? Would she be staying at motels while traveling? If there's no activity on her bank account this would be concerning, IMO (unless she has a large amount of cash with her).

What is odd about this. Her husband reported her missing but didn't seem to know of any particular properties she was looking at, at least not mentioned in the MSM links in this thread. My husband and I are looking for a small home/cabin away from the city for weekends/vacations, preferably isolated. To find such places you have to go through a property company or realtor and make an appointment to go look at the property/home. We've never seen a "for sale by owner" sign in an isolated area just driving around. She left in the "early morning" and didn't tell anyone she was leaving. I think there is more the family is not making public (as they have every right to). Hope she is home soon.

I wonder if Christine used credit cards and so she could be traced that way? Would she be staying at motels while traveling? If there's no activity on her bank account this would be concerning, IMO (unless she has a large amount of cash with her).
Good points. That would probably be one of the first things LE would check -- Let's hope they're trying to find her.

What is odd about this. Her husband reported her missing but didn't seem to know of any particular properties she was looking at, at least not mentioned in the MSM links in this thread. My husband and I are looking for a small home/cabin away from the city for weekends/vacations, preferably isolated. To find such places you have to go through a property company or realtor and make an appointment to go look at the property/home. We've never seen a "for sale by owner" sign in an isolated area just driving around. She left in the "early morning" and didn't tell anyone she was leaving. I think there is more the family is not making public (as they have every right to). Hope she is home soon.

Hmmm -- there's almost always more to the story, isn't there? Good points you have raised.
A bit scary, no matter what the whole story may be.

Looks like her "Foreign Profit Corporation" has been marked as "Delinquent Annual Report" as of August 1, 2021. Also looks like it was a branch of company based in Wyoming. So I'm wondering if she was going there?

SOUTHWEST MARKETING GROUP, INC. :: Washington (US) :: OpenCorporates

Also wondering if she was actually seen, or just her car?

Don’t like that she’s been missing for weeks and nobody reported it. Here’s a map. Very rural area: Google Maps
Wow -- there's nothing there except lots and lots of land -- verrrry isolated. Flat tire? Out of gas? Car trouble? Scary, scary. <shiver>

Looks like her "Foreign Profit Corporation" has been marked as "Delinquent Annual Report" as of August 1, 2021. Also looks like it was a branch of company based in Wyoming. So I'm wondering if she was going there?

SOUTHWEST MARKETING GROUP, INC. :: Washington (US) :: OpenCorporates

Also wondering if she was actually seen, or just her car?
Christine Blackburn - P.. - Southwest Marketing Group | ZoomInfo.com
Here's her company:
About Us | Southwest Marketing Group, INC

Well, we know she was in Idaho, because she was caught on camera. The questions is, where is the car now? And I'm not good at geography, but aren't northern Idaho, Western Montana, and northeast Washington not that close? I mean, can't they narrow it down a little? And looking for land for what purpose? Was it business related? And why does she disappear regularly for days?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back