Identified! WA - Cowlitz Co., Hisp/Nat Am girl in river, Sep'87 - Kamnee Narain

Would you happen to have a link? And are they investigating the woman they found to see if it's her mama?

Maybe the McD's Burger Cop can get it paid for, he got them to pay to examine a burger.

I am so glad they found out who she is, this one bothered me so much! I am wondering now if the father is dead too? Maybe he is unidentified also. They could have been in trouble with some bad people but who knows.

Thank you for that link! Most awesome that there is finally an identity....though the cynical part of me is suspicious of the dad as well.

L

A 20-year-old cold case in Cowlitz County has heated up again with the positive identification of the bodies of a mother and child.

In September 1987, a woman’s torso was found in the Lewis River downstream from Woodland. Her legs were found in the Willamette River in Portland several days later. Two weeks later, a baby’s body was found in the Cowlitz River.

On Tuesday, the Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office announced the bodies have been identified as Raj Narain, 24, and her 14-month-old daughter, Kamnee. Both are considered victims of “homicidal violence,” said Charles J. Rosenzweig, chief criminal deputy; Raj’s body was dismembered, and Kamnee’s had serious head trauma.

Raj’s husband and Kamnee’s father, Ashok Narain, is still missing.

http://www.columbian.com/news/localNews/2007/09/09252007news203450.cfm

A 20-year-old cold case in Cowlitz County has heated up again with the positive identification of the bodies of a mother and child.

In September 1987, a woman’s torso was found in the Lewis River downstream from Woodland. Her legs were found in the Willamette River in Portland several days later. Two weeks later, a baby’s body was found in the Cowlitz River.

On Tuesday, the Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office announced the bodies have been identified as Raj Narain, 24, and her 14-month-old daughter, Kamnee. Both are considered victims of “homicidal violence,” said Charles J. Rosenzweig, chief criminal deputy; Raj’s body was dismembered, and Kamnee’s had serious head trauma.

Raj’s husband and Kamnee’s father, Ashok Narain, is still missing.

http://www.columbian.com/news/localNews/2007/09/09252007news203450.cfm

OMG!! I am so excited that they have been identified. I wrecked my brain over this case! I can only hope that their killer can be found now. I think it is reasonable to assume this murder was commited at home or possibly in a motel since the mom was still wearing her nightgown. i wonder if there are pictures of missing dad?

They finally ID'd her!
I didn't think that those DNA tests were ever going to happen, but thank god the tests did happen!!

THANK YOU WASHINGTON LE!!

If they ever locate Kamnee's father, they should probably take a look at him if they haven't already

I can't help but think of the similarities between Kamnee's case and Delta Dawn's (45UFMS) case. Both were found in rivers, both were around the same age, both were murdered and both were found with an adult thought to be a biological parent (mostly a mother)

There is a picture of the father, mother, and baby in the last article.

It's interesting to note the brother of the dead baby's father provided dna to identify the victims.

Thank you for the update....what a sad and beautiful story.

I was looking through UIDs on NamUs and came across a man found in the Cowlitz River in Kelso, WA, on May 27, 1988. Then I did a search on WS and found this thread. Do any of you think this could be the missing husband/father?

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11168

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7675/1/

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/narain_ashok.html

The only thing is the height is off, but that could be a typo. After reading the saga of the dead veterinarian coroner and long-lost records and whatnot on this thread, I wouldn't doubt that errors were made.

NamUs has Ashok Narain's last seen date as January 1, 1987, but the Charley Project has it as April 1988. If this man did go into the river in 1987, does the Cowlitz River get cold enough to freeze over the winter, slowing decomposition?

Is this a close enough match to submit?

I went ahead and e-mailed the detective listed on NamUs and got a response this morning:

Augh! What does this mean? That it's a match? Or that I'm correct that there was such a case? Such a maddeningly ambiguous statement. I don't want to bug the guy, but I really don't know how to interpret this.

I went ahead and e-mailed the detective listed on NamUs and got a response this morning:

Augh! What does this mean? That it's a match? Or that I'm correct that there was such a case? Such a maddeningly ambiguous statement. I don't want to bug the guy, but I really don't know how to interpret this.

If that's him, was he killed at the exact same time?

I think they were killed by somebody they knew.

I don't know. I've cooked up a few theories in my head.

1) All three killed by someone else who sent their car through a chop shop (NamUs says the vehicle is still being sought as a possible crime scene).

2) Murder-suicide by husband.

3) Murder of wife and daughter by husband, who laid low over the winter and then threw himself into the same river out of guilt.

4) Accidentally driving the car into the river and the wife's dismemberment actually being the result of injuries from the wreck (but why was she wearing a nightgown?).

5) Murder of wife and daughter by husband and the UID is another man at least suspected by husband of being wife's lover. According to the article at the link sent to me by the detective, the husband may have returned to Fiji in May of 1988.

6) The article also mentions forgery of husband's signature on a lease, so it could have been someone who had a financial motive for killing the family.

And now my head is spinning. It's a mystery, for sure.

Rest in peace, Kamnee and Raj! :rose:

Bumping for Raj, Kamnee, and the unborn baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back