WA WA - Cristina Ase, 61, Vancouver, 26 Mar 2024

So three previous times this has happened:
Feb 27 (a Tuesday)
Mar 1 (a Friday)
Mar 5 (a Tuesday)
All three of those times, she calls in late around 6:50 - 7 am and is at work by 8:30. Her workplace is 17 minutes further south from Glenwood Park, so whatever she was doing took an hour to an hour and a half.

And then she calls in late Mar 26 (a Tuesday) and she doesn't come back.

If she was helping someone or someones in the park...why the moving back and forth between the park and various homes? Could that just be an artifact of GPS? I know my phone location isn't always completely accurate - if there are multiple towers in the area, the phone could switch from tower to tower.

IMHO something happened in or near the park and the phone was turned off afterward. No idea why or how they would return her vehicle, though...unless someone from the apartment complex went with her and needed to get back.

Feb 27 (a Tuesday)
Mar 1 (a Friday)
Mar 5 (a Tuesday)
All three of those times, she calls in late around 6:50 - 7 am and is at work by 8:30. Her workplace is 17 minutes further south from Glenwood Park, so whatever she was doing took an hour to an hour and a half.

If she was helping someone or someones in the park...why the moving back and forth between the park and various homes? Could that just be an artifact of GPS? I know my phone location isn't always completely accurate - if there are multiple towers in the area, the phone could switch from tower to tower.

IMHO something happened in or near the park and the phone was turned off afterward. No idea why or how they would return her vehicle, though...unless someone from the apartment complex went with her and needed to get back.
I hadn’t looked at the previous late days on the calendar before this and I find it very interesting that most days are Tuesdays. 3 grouped very closely together, then a two week wait and then final event.

The three prior times (Feb27,MAR1,MAR5) are 3 days arriving to work 1.5 hours late with very short notice, all within 7 calendar days. Every few days you’re showing up 1.5 hours late and only giving your coworkers 10 minutes notice to cover for you. IMO That would be noticed and likely talked/gossiped about by coworkers. Especially if arriving late is out of character as we are told .

I’d be interested to know if she had received any sort of life changing news like medical news, possibility of divorce, financial concerns etc. also possibility of second cellphone or app-based messaging .

If the lateness was caused by booking last minute medical appts (as suggested by coworkers) there would be an obvious call log history showing CA calling the medical office and LE would know this. IMO my own assumption is that they wouldnt need to tell the public about the prior events if they knew the reasons were verified medical appointments.

Also just throwing in a general comment that with our histories of watching cases here on Websleuths, we have seen that people are capable of keeping secrets from even the closest people in their lives. All MOO

Every few days you’re showing up 1.5 hours late and only giving your coworkers 10 minutes notice to cover for you.
Just wanted to comment on this with personal experience- I am no longer in bedside nursing but am a provider at several different facilities offering services/care similar to the one where CA worked as the director of nursing (referenced upthread). In none of the facilities where I round does the nursing director routinely have to relieve anyone from the prior shift- since they are in a supervisory position they will occasionally have to cover floor nurses who may be late or call in, but in general she may not have had the type of position that would cause issues with the prior shift getting off in time if she were late.

Of course this can vary, I’m sure, based on their staffing models, and lord knows most healthcare facilities are short staffed these days (so it’s certainly possible she was “working the floor” on a more regular basis), but wanted to share based on my first hand experience with those working the same type of job as CA.

For some strange reason I’m not able to copy and paste from the write up but I took this screenshot. The friends/coworkers believe that CA was providing care to someone in that area and they don’t beleive she has done this (provided care to this person) before. (But she’s been in the area 4 times total)
So that theory from coworkers could make sense of those last minute calls to work: if she was driving to this area every day on her way to work, but only stopped on the days she saw her particular person there...having made contact with that person, called in late on just those days.

Has anyone seen confirmation that she actually made voice contact with her work?

JMO

So that theory from coworkers could make sense of those last minute calls to work: if she was driving to this area every day on her way to work, but only stopped on the days she saw her particular person there...having made contact with that person, called in late on just those days.

Has anyone seen confirmation that she actually made voice contact with her work?

JMO
IIRC MSM reported she would notify coworkers via text message when she was going to be late. This article gives much more info than ones had read prior so sharing FYI.
of note:
Ase’s text to her manager on March 5 stated she would be late because of a mammogram appointment at 7:30 a.m., though the affidavit states her mammogram was not actually scheduled until 4:30 p.m. that afternoon.
(…)
“Schauer also disclosed that Ase visited Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center for her doctor’s appointments. Kaiser Sunnyside is about 3.3 miles from Glenwood Park.”
(…)
“The affidavit noted Ase’s husband, (AD, snipped by me), told police that it did not appear Ase had used their joint bank account since their disappearance, though Ase also uses three credit cards. The affidavit did not say whether those credit cards had been used.”

This gets odder by the minute. If she used a morning mammogram as the excuse--wouldn't she have to leave work early at the end of the day to make the real appointment? Didn't people think it was odd she went in the morning and then again in the afternoon?
If she routinely got to work around 7 a.m., she was probably finished around 4:00 anyway.

According to the article linked right above my post, her insurance is Kaiser but her medical care was all at Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center, which is in south Portland, not near her apartment.
That's not how it works. She may have kept a Dr in Portland area, but Sunnyside is the hospital and medical records clinic, they don't have a clinic or primary care the way the real clinics do, it is a hospital. There a many Kaiser clinics across the PNW, but Sunnyside is the actual hospital.

My point being, unless she had business at the ER or the hospital, she would use a different location for care. One that was much closer to work and home, Clackamas is hell to try to get to when your sick ...it would not make sense .
Yes there are some Dr offices over there but not really primary care, unless it is in another building close to the ER. And again, no one would drive out to Clack if they can avoid it...I mean this is all just my opinion, but it would not make sense. But none of this makes sense...

If she was going to the hospital and not a closer lab, for a mammogram, it makes me think maybe there was not good news? But you are correct, the only other place in Vancouver for the monogram is Salmon Creek and thats even father, so there's more to this than we know, considering most Kaiser things are not done at the actual hospital.

Ase’s text to her manager on March 5 stated she would be late because of a mammogram appointment at 7:30 a.m., though the affidavit states her mammogram was not actually scheduled until 4:30 p.m. that afternoon.
(…)
“Schauer also disclosed that Ase visited Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center for her doctor’s appointments. Kaiser Sunnyside is about 3.3 miles from Glenwood Park.”
(…)
“The affidavit noted Ase’s husband, (AD, snipped by me), told police that it did not appear Ase had used their joint bank account since their disappearance, though Ase also uses three credit cards. The affidavit did not say whether those credit cards had been used.”
Thanks, so I had actually quoted that myself: all 4 occasions she texted, not voice.

JMO

That's not how it works. She may have kept a Dr in Portland area, but Sunnyside is the hospital and medical records clinic, they don't have a clinic or primary care the way the real clinics do, it is a hospital. There a many Kaiser clinics across the PNW, but Sunnyside is the actual hospital.

My point being, unless she had business at the ER or the hospital, she would use a different location for care. One that was much closer to work and home, Clackamas is hell to try to get to when your sick ...it would not make sense .
Yes there are some Dr offices over there but not really primary care, unless it is in another building close to the ER. And again, no one would drive out to Clack if they can avoid it...I mean this is all just my opinion, but it would not make sense. But none of this makes sense...

If she was going to the hospital and not a closer lab, for a mammogram, it makes me think maybe there was not good news? But you are correct, the only other place in Vancouver for the monogram is Salmon Creek and thats even father, so there's more to this than we know, considering most Kaiser things are not done at the actual hospital.

Perhaps they meant just the mammogram appointment was at the Sunnyside location. According to Kaiser's website, they do have a mammogram clinic at the Sunnyside medical center. https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/oregon-washington/facilities/sunnyside-medical-center-100249

I’m a bit stumped here on what to beleive. I understand the coworkers have great respect for CA but they also say that she’s not a deceptive person and this is unlike her.. but we know she called in late four times in recent weeks with the suggestion by the coworker that these were for medical appointments. She then goes to this Glenwood Park area, a residential neighbourhood. I don’t know the confirmed street name she was on so Google driving around the north end. I haven’t found any home-based businesses around there. IMO considering perhaps a home-based psychologist/counselor? Complete speculation here. Just considering what type of medical treatment may be done at a home-based office.

I did happen to find a place called Path Home, listed as "homeless service," that is off of SE 92nd Avenue and is a bit outside of Glenwood Park.

Path Home - Google Maps

There are also a couple public storage facilities, which could explain movement back and forth, however they aren't located in residential areas. Just spit balling...

Editing to add: Portland Homeless Family Solutions is also located adjacent Path Home (see above).

Portland Homeless Family Solutions

Last edited:
Perhaps they meant just the mammogram appointment was at the Sunnyside location. According to Kaiser's website, they do have a mammogram clinic at the Sunnyside medical center. https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/oregon-washington/facilities/sunnyside-medical-center-100249
Agreed. As lifer of Kaiser her in the Couve, mine was done at Salmon Creek which would be more of a drive for her, considering I live and work in Vancouver. I could not get it done anywhere else, same for my MRI, Salmon Creek, or Sunnyside, you are correct.
The only time I was sent to Sunnyside though, I ended up having emergency surgery so maybe it's my personal PTSD talking.

Just thinking: surely if she had any appountments or interactions with legitimate people, they'd have contacted police by now? And LE have probably already visited legit organizations, tracked down phone calls she may have made to make appointments, checked out what's happening in that area at 7 am...

JMO

I may have missed it but have there been any charges to her insurance from a Dr office on these dates? TIA.
Her husband can log into KP.org and find out, Kaiser doesn't bill out most of the time, it is all internal. I am sure he has authorized that kind of info

I wish the FBI could get involve since she may have been taken across state lines. I do think it was her that went to Portland, if she was alone....well how did someone know where to drop her car?

Hello neighbor! I am over next to Joe's Place Farm across the street.

I want to take this time to let you know your family has done AMAZING for our community, you have added so many jobs and the offices and vet area are so clean and well kept. It used to just be a desolate corner next to the freeway with a crappy bar that only served beer and wine. Thank you for upgrading all of that.

But I will admit I am more comfortable at Charlies and the Offramp, even though I like your out door seating better. I will be totally honest about feeling safer at Charlies. But then again, I am old and it's been "my bar" my whole life

At least it's not 3 Monkeys lolllll!!!!!!!
Hello beautiful neighbor! I'll let you in on a little secret, we hired Charlies to manage it ;) (My grampas too old at 93 now).

Cristina - Gets a call on way to work couple times lately to help someone with a ride to somewhere? This trip turned out different? Crumb for thought. It seems to fit a bit, if they were remotely close they would want the car with no remnants of their presence.

Not sure how much it matters in this case, but the Kaiser Sunnyside campus is huge. I worked there before retiring. There are three medical office buildings (as well as high risk OB/NICU where I worked). While the Sunnybrook building houses specialty clinics and a day surgery suite house both Mt. Tabor and Mt. Scott buildings house primary care clinics, such as pediatrics, OB/Gyn, family medicine, etc.

Feb 27 (a Tuesday)
Mar 1 (a Friday)
Mar 5 (a Tuesday)

Love this format of a breakdown thank you. Those are VERY close dates then a gap... Why the gap til April?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
findtrvthh
Back