GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police: Remains found in Seattle tentatively ID’d as missing Renton mom of 3; suspect arrested
Updated 10:30 pm April 11

<snip>

The Seattle Police Department asked for the public’s assistance in locating her missing vehicle, a silver 2015 Toyota Highlander, bearing Washington plate AUW3230. But late Monday night, police said they had found the SUV in downtown Seattle.

<Snip>

Detectives believe the body parts had been packaged and placed in the bin near 21st Avenue and Pine Street sometime late Friday or on Saturday. The bin had been emptied of recyclables Friday.
http://q13fox.com/2016/04/11/police...-of-missing-renton-mom-of-3-suspect-arrested/

From the way the article reads Carlton placed the bags near 21st Ave and Pine then abandoned the SUV in downtown Seattle. Where did he go?Was he on foot? I cannot imagine he would go to a transit location he must have been diselveled & bloody.(I am sorry I do not mean to be graphic) This scenario is very difficult to reconstruct. Does anyone else have a theory?

:cow:
I think it is possible that they each drove from their respective houses to the game and met there. He coming from pretty far north of Seattle and she coming from just southeast of the city. Traffic is horrible on Friday afternoon especially with a sports event going on so I can't see him bypassing Seattle to continue south to go pick her up at her house before the game then drive together back north into the city which at that time of day would seriously equate to maybe an extra 1-2 hours in traffic. Similarly, no way did she drive all the way north to Lake Stevens to pick him up then drive back south to Seattle for the game. In this proposed scenario, They both parked their cars somewhere near the stadium and went to the game or went to a bar before the game to have a drink or two since stadium beers are so expensive. Maybe she had too much to drink (or was drugged) then he drove her back to her house in his car and murdered her there. That would explain why her wallet and phone made it back home with her but her car was still downtown. After killing her and leaving her house to head back to his ( with her body concealed in the bags) one route would have taken him through the central district on his way to I5 heading north and that is when he deposited the bags in the recycle bin

I think the neighbor reported that the police left Ingrid's house at 3am on the evening that they broke the door down. Would they have left the scene so quickly if there had been blood/evidence of dismemberment?

I agree. I don't understand why she would spring for a date with this guy. How did he present himself to her? How did they meet? (I know that it's been mentioned it may have been online, but even that hasn't been confirmed.) I mean, I guess if he offered her free Mariner's tickets, she may have thought he had his ***** together?
So strange.
Then again, if they met through Tinder, maybe they just both swiped right and decided to go for it. Most people don't ask a whole lot of questions if the chemistry seems to be there.
Yep, my husband has a young (20's) coworker who "swipes right" all the time and it's insane. She doesn't do much vetting on these guys. I really think this is very common - people just have a very dangerous sense of carelessness when it comes to their own safety. And I'm talking about educated people with good careers. Not stupid, druggies. (Only because I don't have first hand experience with those types.)

How STRUNG OUT does this guy look??? Looks like a crackhead, JMO. If he's on some really hard stuff, that could explain his impulsive, violent and frankly quite stupid behavior.

Methamphetamine?

I read in one article that she was last heard from by one of her friends when she sent them a text message that night. I wonder what the message said?

The phone was found in her home. I wonder where the text was sent from. Do you remember which article?

Nothing from any of the many posts swirling locally from her friends suggested she knew the guy or ever met him in person before the evening she went missing (they in fact suggested the exact opposite). This is a big twist for me. If they had been dating a month, maybe they went back to her house in her car and that's where everything fell apart. Then he disposed of her on his way back to the stadium (in her car), ditched her car, got back into his and back to Lake Stevens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't find it that unusual she was dating him. Based on his FB photo (and limited stuff on his page), he was cute (in those pictures).

This is just my thoughts here - nothing really based on facts: She was divorced in 2014, so let's say she was just looking to have a good time (nothing serious). He appears to have arrests back to 1997 (alcohol related? - no idea, but let's presume). He's a guy who doesn't take life too seriously (understatement) and likes to have a good time. They probably go out for fun dates, have drinks, maybe casual sex. He's a fun guy. Look at his FB family. He appears to come from a good family. Family appears to have some money.

But 3 weeks into this "fun" relationship, she starts to see he may have a drinking problem. His free spirit (i.e. unemployment or serious career) is no longer attractive, she's paying for most of these outings. But after the game they go back to her house because she has the house free on Friday night, they have some drinks. Something happens and he gets mad. Kills her (not premeditated) and panics.

Now my imagination ends because I don't know how he goes from killing her to dismembering her. But my point is I can see how she got involved with him. Not every single "relationship" (used loosely) after a divorce is serious and makes sense.

Another comment - the picture posted earlier of the "drug house" where he stayed looks pretty darned nice!

Maybe our poor victim "took the mask off" this psychopath which put him in a rage---no car, no money, no tickets to the game....half drunk or drugged out, no home; and he felt entitled & survived on generosity of women & his family.
Maybe she confronted him about this after seeing a pattern during this one month?
That's when he became violent with her---when she "took his mask off" (so to speak)?

I bet we will hear more stories of his crazed behaviors!!!

Moo

So the question is where did he dump the SUV.Could it be in Lake Stevens? Had to be someone close to his home.

I think the neighbor reported that the police left Ingrid's house at 3am on the evening that they broke the door down. Would they have left the scene so quickly if there had been blood/evidence of dismemberment?

I wonder where he committed the murder and dismemberment too. The two white plastic garbage bags that were shown in MSM reports look "clean." They aren't showing signs of being handled by bloody hands or having been in a bloody environment. And the remains inside were "packaged," which I *think* means he did something with the remains other than just put them in the two bags. This not only took time to complete, it also required a place where he could wash up before handling those two white bags.

JMopinion

This is just horrifying to me. Maybe it's because I'm a divorced nurse with 3 kids at home (and 1 on his own)...but omg, I felt like someone punched me in the stomach when I read she'd been found dismembered. Horrifying. Her poor children.

Do we have a case map? I'd like to know where his home was in relation to her home and the dump site.

ETA: And I'd like to see the spot the car was found. Any mappers out there?

Its so bizarre. It's like zombie bath salts. Why the extreme violence if you're just going to cruise across town and dump a body in a recycle bin (in a very densely populated area!) and drop off the car(in another densely populated area)and hop a bus to go 50 miles North....surely I'm missing a piece of the puzzle here

The comments on online dating are getting to me, probably because I am single and have a love / hate relationship with it. ;) online dating is just a way to meet people, it's risky but not more so than meeting people any other way. Other than his mug shots, his pics make him look handsome and fun.
Swiping right on a cute picture is just the first step, after that you can text each other and, maybe, decide to meet!
Unfortunately many profiles of guys that I see have typos or not much info. And sometimes I swipe right anyway, because it's just an app. We all have to be vigilant about safety regardless of where we meet people! If this guy is a sociopath he is likely personable and found a way to disarm her, maybe with drugs or alcohol but maybe with just his wit. I don't fault her for wanting to find happiness. Seems like there are a lot of posts here judging her for that.

Its so bizarre. It's like zombie bath salts. Why the extreme violence if you're just going to cruise across town and dump a body in a recycle bin (in a very densely populated area!) and drop off the car(in another densely populated area)and hop a bus to go 50 miles North....surely I'm missing a piece of the puzzle here

Did he catch a bus? I'm catching up from last night, but missed the bus reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid