WA WA - Jamie Grissim, 16, Vancouver, 7 Dec 1971

Jamie Rochelle Grissim, 16, Missing since December 7, 1971 from Vancouver, WA

---------------------------------------------

Jamie Rochelle Grissim
Missing since December 7, 1971
from Vancouver, Clark County, Washington.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: November 11, 1955
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Her hair was naturally brown, but she had bleached it blonde making it turn a red color. It had almost returned to it's natural brown color at the time of her disappearance; brown eyes. Pierced ears.
Dentals: Available. Missing tooth #15.
Clothing: She was wearing blue hip hugger jeans, red and white striped blouse with short puffy sleeves and round neck, white tennis shoes with 'Peace' and 'Love' handwritten on them with little drawings. Possibly a long brown corduroy coat.
AKA: Jamie Grissim
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Grissim was last seen on the morning of December 7, 1971, as she left for school at Ft. Vancouver High School, by her sister.

Her purse, ID, and possessions were found in May 1972 in the woods North East of Vancouver, at a bridge crossing within very short distance from a trail where two murder victims were later found.

Grissim is considered to be the first victim of a potential serial killer, believed to have raped and killed 6 young Vancouver women, 8 total in Clark County between January 10, 1972 and October 1, 1974. He was tried for the death of one woman in 1978 and received life sentence. The bodies of five have been recovered in rural Clark County and deemed homicides. Grissim is still missing.

Her death certificate marked presumed death date of December 7, 1971 was issued March 23, 2009.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Clark County Sheriff's Office
Sgt. Dave Trimble
360-397-2020

Agency Case Number: 72-84856/

NamUs MP# 2716

NCMEC #: NCMC1056325

NCIC Number: M604732952

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:

KATU 2 - 6/14/05
angelsmissing.com
NCMEC
WASPC
Jamie Grisim
Namus
The Doe Network: Case File 1375DFWA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1375dfwa.html

This article is connected with the recent identification of Martha Morrison.

"The 44-year search for Jamie Grissim continues: Jamie Grissim was 16 when she was last seen in December 1971"

http://koin.com/2015/07/23/the-44-year-search-for-jamie-grissim-continues/

“When they announced it was Martha, they knew who she was, that was a really good feeling,” Starr Lara said. “Sad for Jamie, but a really good feeling to know that girl has been identified.”

Now, all she can do is wait and hope Warren Forrest will give up his secrets – and ease her pain.

“I do forgive him for killing Jamie. I do. But I won’t forgive him for withholding the truth,” she said.

“You can’t kill my sister and expect I’m just going to forget about it. And that’s what keeps me going.”

Hello,
A few things have happened lately regarding my missing murdered sister Jamie Grissim. Her death certificate was issued March 23, 2009 with the presumed death date of December 7, 1971.

Her story is now on the AOLNews.com web site and can be found by searcing with the name Jamie Grissim.

There is an unidentified female found in Octobe 1974 that the FBI is trying to extract DNA from. It may take several more months. The DNA is trying to be extracted from the unidentified victim's hair. If DNA is found, it will be compared to my sister Jamie's. There is some possibility it could be Jamie, but the timing is not right. DNA will prove it either way.

Thank you,
Jamie's younger sister
Starr Lara

Starr, I'm so sorry he continues to keep silent about where Jamie is. I wonder if he's not returning Jamie because there are more remains where she is. Has there ever been a search with cadaver dogs? Thank you to all you did to have Martha returned to her family.

Thankful he was not paroled in 2014 and I hope he does not get paroled next year either. It floors me that he was acquitted in 1975 “on grounds of insanity” and was let out after 4 years! The system really failed these girls; and continues to fail them until he returns their remains to their families. He says he's not the same person he was back then, sorry I don't believe it, he should never be given parole!

The 44-year search for Jamie Grissim continues - Jamie Grissim was 16 when she was last seen in December 1971
Dan Tilkin Published: July 23, 2015, 8:00 pm Updated: July 24, 2015, 12:24 pm

In an audio recording of his parole hearing in February, Forrest recalled details of crimes he’s been convicted of and reiterated he’s a different person than the person he was 40 years ago.

Forrest had already spent 4 years at the Western State Hospital after being acquitted in 1975 “on grounds of insanity” in the abduction of a 20-yer-old on October 1, 1974 from Washington Park in Portland. He took her to Lacamas Lake in Clark County and brutally assaulted her.

The case of killer Warren Forrest - Warren Forrest retains his silence over the cases - Dan Tilkin and KOIN 6 News Staff Published: July 23, 2015, 7:59 pm Updated: July 24, 2015, 5:50 pm

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — He’s suspected in the disappearance of at least 8 women though he’s only been convicted of one. Even after more than 30 years in prison, Warren Forrest retains his silence over the cases.

He’s suspected in the deaths of Jamie Grissim, Barbara Derry, Carol Valenzuela, Martha Morrison and the assault of a number of different women
He was denied parole in 2014, and will have another hearing in 2017

Suspected serial killer denied parole

http://www.columbian.com/news/2017/aug/09/suspected-serial-killer-denied-parole/

In its decision posted on the board’s website, the parole board wrote that Forrest is “too high of a risk to release and not fully rehabilitated or a fit subject to release.” The board recommended that Forrest remain infraction free and participate in any programs available to him.

Forrest explained to panel members what was happening with him when he committed Blake’s murder, according to the decision. He “described being under a lot of stress and needing a ‘distraction,’ which were his violent fantasies.

“He admitted to the murder, although without much attachment to his feelings,” the decision reads. “He was asked how he felt after the murder, and he indicated he could not get in touch with any feelings at the time. When asked to think about his feelings now, he mentioned that he could speculate that there was sorrow, sadness, frustration regret and fear.”

I found this

http://www.katu.com/team2/story.asp?ID=83460

DNA tests rule out skull as that of missing woman

By Bob Heye
and KATU.com Web Staff
CLARK COUNTY - It was an agonizingly long wait for a woman whose sister had been missing for more than three decades. Now DNA test results indicate she has to wait even longer for closure.

In 1980, a father and his son discovered a skull in remote hills in Clark County. Last June, investigators released a composite sketch made from the skull.

That sparked a glimmer of hope for Starr Lara, whose teenage sister went missing in 1971. Lara believed the sketch looked like Jamie Grisim, and she held onto the hope that she could finally bury her sister's remains.

"If someone's murdered, you need to have their body to lay it to rest," Lara said. "And to know what really happened."

Fueling Lara's belief was the fact that the skull had been discovered close to the area where some of Grisim's belongings had been found. Lara waited for DNA results for more than half a year, then on February 10 investigators told her the skull was not her sister's.

"Of course I'm sad because you don't have answers," Lara said. "But I would have been sad if it had been her."

Now Lara clings to the hope that the DNA on file will help quickly identify Grisim's remains if they are found. And she is willing to go through the whole process all over again.

"That's the only way you can get an answer as to where she is," she said.

Meanwhile, the Clark County Sheriff's Office is still hoping to identify the skull. They have been contacted by another family that believes the remains are a person that vanished before 1980. Sheriff's officials are still waiting for more DNA test results.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/grisim_jamie.html

Re-posting this from page one. Thread for Fly Creek Jane Doe: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?24841-WA-Clark-Co-Fem-Skeletal-427UFWA-13-16-near-Fly-Creek-Feb-80.

Forrest explained to panel members what was happening with him when he committed Blake’s murder, according to the decision. He “described being under a lot of stress and needing a ‘distraction,’ which were his violent fantasies.
“He admitted to the murder, although without much attachment to his feelings,” the decision reads. “He was asked how he felt after the murder, and he indicated he could not get in touch with any feelings at the time. When asked to think about his feelings now, he mentioned that he could speculate that there was sorrow, sadness, frustration regret and fear.” -Quote from this article: http://www.columbian.com/news/2017/aug/09/suspected-serial-killer-denied-parole/. I can "speculate" that it was a prudent decision for him not to be released on parole, as he obviously is not remorseful for what he's done...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back