Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern the dad is how unemotional he is.

I have 12 kiddos. TWELVE. My youngest are 4, 6, 7 & 8. NO WAY would I not be looking for one of them- or their older sibs- immediately. That community has a lot of homes. :(

Do we know what the parents do for a living? Just curious because the dad looked military.

Yes, the father says that in your first link. But I don't think he meant anything bad when he said it. It was more, she's the youngest, the princess, a spoiled brat who always gets her way. I tell my great granddaughter she's spoiled all the time, and she is cause she has all of us wrapped around that little finger.

I tell my grand that she's spoiled all the time too. When I tell her this, she is usually cuddled up on my lap and I'm laughing joyfully with her, relishing in the fact that I love how everyone spoils her.

In this interview, the way it is being told is in a negative way - he's not enjoying the remembering the fact that she gets special things and/or attention, he is saying it in an annoyed sort of way.

I guess I try to imagine being in their shoes if I've done nothing wrong ... I'd be hysterical, eyes red and swollen ... Pleading for my baby to come home ... Saying spoiled rotten has a different connotation than spoiled brat IMO. The interview was weird.

I will say the remark about his daughter being spoiled didn't cause any bells to go off but his reaction when the reporter shows him the flyer and asks about the report that Jenise was gone 24 hours before her family started searching did. He didn't say anything, just stared at the flyer like it was the holy grail and then gave some remark about a neighbor calling before then(? at least I think that's what he said). According to the reporter he wasn't telling the truth. It was like he was trying to think up a lie or excuse. I hope this child's parents aren't responsible for her disappearance. JMO
t

I definitely did NOT mean to say that anyone- Dad, reporter, or anyone else- was implying that the other siblings did anything to her.
I found dad's comments disconcerting, though. Any one statement by itself- ie: being a princess, or even being spoiled, doesn't concern me that much. It was the whole interview altogether that I felt was very strange. Totally JMO...

Oh gosh, I wasn't directing the question at you. It was a snap judgment on the man that calls himself a father. His child is missing for 24 hours before he calls LE and then the first thing he wants the public to know is that she is a spoiled brat, unliked by her siblings? I'm so sick of these fail parents. Innocent little children are abused and tossed away like garbage because their parents can't be bothered to give a damn.

I wonder how tall she actually is? 3 feet is 36 inches, which is clearly not right. (That's the average height of a 3 year old). 45 pounds is the exact middle percentile for a 6 year old, and she does not appear particularly "slim" nor "husky" (to use the words from my growing-up years), so I would guess maybe she is middle percentile height as well? Like 43 inches or so?

Maybe it isn't of major importance since most people have an idea of what a six yr old looks like more so than they would what 3 feet looks like....

http://www.kirotv.com/videos/news/video-search-grows-for-missing-6-year-old/vCmSgH/

Also, important to note if this ends up being a long search....

From this video reporter Graham Johnson called to verify what time the first 911 call was made and he verifies that it was placed at 9:55pm.

This reporter also states that police suggested it was not normal procedure to remove the other 2 children from the home even though Jim Wright, Jenise's father says it was.

Oh gosh, I wasn't directing the question at you. It was a snap judgment on the man that calls himself a father. His child is missing for 24 hours before he calls LE and then the first thing he wants the public to know is that she is a spoiled brat, unliked by her siblings? I'm so sick of these fail parents. Innocent little children are abused and tossed away like garbage because their parents can't be bothered to give a damn.

Gotcha! And, ITA!

I wanted to make sure no one thought I was bashing Dad so I don't get a time out. :blushing:

IMO Dad seems angry and frustrated at his lack of control over a strong willed child. He just looks bewildered to me but I don't think he seems low functioning. The way he describes her reminds me of my older brother. He was always slipping out of the house going joy riding on his bike, sometimes miles away from home. Even after being grounded for weeks he would do it again. My mom called him 'thick in the head'.

I will say the remark about his daughter being spoiled didn't cause any bells to go off but his reaction when the reporter shows him the flyer and asks about the report that Jenise was gone 24 hours before her family started searching did. He didn't say anything, just stared at the flyer like it was the holy grail and then gave some remark about a neighbor calling before then(? at least I think that's what he said). According to the reporter he wasn't telling the truth. It was like he was trying to think up a lie or excuse. I hope this child's parents aren't responsible for her disappearance. JMO
t

But, he may have just been on the defense for being neglectful in not realizing she was missing, not for actually harming her.

I also tell my son he is spoiled, when he takes my iPad and smiles at me like he's getting away with something. "spoiled" yes... "brat" not so much
I guess anyone can defend letting your 6 year old run the neighborhood freely, but I cannot see any defense for letting a child leave the house anytime she wants without telling someone where's she's going. (I personally watch my 6 year old go to the neighbors until he is safely at their house)

Prayers for this little one...

The map shows what I think of as a manufactured home community, more than a "trailer park". Am I right, anyone with local knowledge? They look well kept, etc.

Most trailer parks around where I live look nice like that. They are not actually 'mobile'. My gran lives in one that is quite lovely and filled with retired couples and small families.

Back in the days of Mapquest, before GPS, I did get lost in the back roads of South Carolina and saw a gnarly looking trailer park that quite frankly frightened me and I had to lock the doors and roll up the windows.

t

As i said earlier, I think the dad is lower functioning. Perhaps, he can't read?

Dad's remarks makes me think of Cherish Periwinkle. She was murdered by the SO that her mom sent her to McD's with but Rayne tried to diminish her responsibility and redirect the hatred aimed at her by telling everyone that she 'told Cherish not to talk to strangers but she did it anyway.'

http://www.kirotv.com/videos/news/video-search-grows-for-missing-6-year-old/vCmSgH/

Also, important to note if this ends up being a long search....

From this video reporter Graham Johnson called to verify what time the first 911 call was made and he verifies that it was placed at 9:55pm.

This reporter also states that police suggested it was not normal procedure to remove the other 2 children from the home even though Jim Wright, Jenise's father says it was.

And that call came in from a neighbor, not the parent right?

My only concern the dad is how unemotional he is.

I have 12 kiddos. TWELVE. My youngest are 4, 6, 7 & 8. NO WAY would I not be looking for one of them- or their older sibs- immediately. That community has a lot of homes. :(

BBM: Oh my ... BLESS your heart!!!:juggle:

No the call at 9:55 came from the parents. However, the dad said a neighbour had called earlier, but there is no log of the neighbours call.

No the call at 9:55 came from the parents. However, the dad said a neighbour had called earlier, but there is no log of the neighbours call.

It seems like that could just be chalked up to confusion - a neighbor said he was about to call 911 but didn't, that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa