WA - John, 43, & Christale Careaga, 37, & two 16yo sons slain, Bremerton, 28 Jan 2017

Here's a long style report on the murders.

The Spotlight: Careaga Murders

FOX 13 Seattle - Jun 14, 2022

I know it happens to many of us but it's always weird to see your hometown, a place you grew up in, become the backdrop city of a horrible crime we're discussing on here. As for the Bandidos being a known presence in Bremerton, that was a common thing even back in the late 70's/early 80's. Everyone knew someone, who knew someone, connected to them or their lifestyle. And you avoided that crowd, like the plague. Also very weird knowing some of the folks in that video (not the criminals, just to be clear) are mutual friends of mine & my family. Such a sad story for this family and everyone that loved them.

So sad. I thought right away drugs could be involved, but not to that extent. Holy Mole' the tight packaging. Even sadder murdering not only adults,but children, and the method they did it in. For what really? Going to prison, street justice, or prison justice, PC is the least of their worries. Their own darkness has already consumed them. That is what they have to fear the most. They can't hide from that. Can't be shielded from that. It is seared into their conscience. MOO

So sad. I thought right away drugs could be involved, but not to that extent. Holy Mole' the tight packaging. Even sadder murdering not only adults,but children, and the method they did it in. For what really? Going to prison, street justice, or prison justice, PC is the least of their worries. Their own darkness has already consumed them. That is what they have to fear the most. They can't hide from that. Can't be shielded from that. It is seared into their conscience. MOO

JMO. I feel very sorry for the kids. I can not sympathize with a drug dealer selling to bikers as it only increases the level of unsafety on the roads. However, I suspect that if one gets into the business, it is impossible to get out. One wonders how did JC felt in that car, knowing that his greed was the reason for his wife and kids dying, and now he’d die, too? Was it ever worthy of it? Everyone wants better future and normal education and jobs for their kids. So sad about the kids.

As to the murderers, cruel, but stupid actions. It looks like some kind of racket. And they ended up killing two kids (which no one will forgive them for sure; between bikers high on coke and a coke dealer, everyone knows the risk, but the kids should not be harmed in the process!). In the result, the murderers got no part of the business, but ended up stealing the money. And I am positive the money is already spent on coke, probably at a higher cost now. Whatever is not spent, will be spent on the lawyers. I doubt they are entitled to public defenders now, right? Not indigent with 300000+ K deposited on the account?

Last edited:
Hey folks,

The link to newsbreakapp is not an approved source to link to as it requires an app that requires a download.

Direct links to the Kitsap Sun are approved as it is local to the case.

This is great video coverage of the night of the murders through the arrests and into the Courtroom. It’s a great video to watch to the end.

I saw only a couple of brief news clips from opening statements but nothing since. Have you read any updates since witnesses took the stand?
Not much really. I am assuming because of the time of year it is the Courthouse is allowing for Holidays. Let’s hope it gets started soon after the New Year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back