GUILTY WA - Koralynn Fister, 2, raped & murdered, Centralia, 24 May 2012

:heartbeat: Little Koralynn Fister died May 24, 2012. She was two years old.

http://www.lewiscountysirens.com/?cat=3

Defendant in Centralia toddler death by abuse case pleads not guilty
Thursday, July 12th, 2012

CHEHALIS – James M. Reeder pleaded not guilty today in the case ....
Six times he answered not guilty while staring at the table in front of him .... in Lewis County Superior Court.

Reeder is charged with homicide by abuse, two counts of first-degree assault, two counts of first-degree child rape and possession of methamphetamine.
Lewis County Prosecutor Jonathan Meyer has described the crime of homicide by abuse as repeated assaults or torture that ends in the death of a child. It carries the same possible penalty as murder.
Prosecutors added the aggravating circumstances of abusing a position of trust with a particularly vulnerable victim.
Each of the charges carries a maximum sentence of life in prison, except the drug charge.

He is expected back in court next Thursday to set a trial date.

•••

It's hard for me to believe the mom won't be there to answer to charges with him.

I hope Reeder fully gets what he deserves. For a long, long time.

The murder case against the 26-year-old Centralia man accused of raping and murdering a toddler last May moves toward its January trial date as the suspect’s defense attorney continues to maintain that Centralia police obtained some of the evidence illegally.

The motion to suppress evidence, filed two weeks ago, argues that a Centralia detective entered the residence without a warrant, stuck his hand in the bathtub to check the temperature of the bathwater, then later used that information, in addition to other observations, to obtain a warrant to legally search the residence.

http://www.chronline.com/crime/article_77590c76-456f-11e2-be07-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=story

the evidence suppression hearing was set for 1:30 p.m. Jan. 11

Thats about two weeks before trial is set to begin for this .

picture
images

images

:furious:

Make no mistake this man is evil!! However, the mother of the little girl that he was abusing was aware that her little girl was being abused and did nothing to stop the abuse by removing the boyfriend or the child from the home environment. She is responsible also for her death. Reed is a MONSTER!

I bet she was never in that tub. Go ahead and throw that evidence out. It doesn't cover up the fact that this MONSTER raped and abused an innocent child until he killed her.

I agree with the DA for sure-it is one very small piece of the puzzle.

So I have been reviewing the media on this case and I read the comments and I have sat and pondered and I have virtually nothing to say, because none of it will matter.

It just shouldnt have happened. I am highly skeptical about Mom because the accused had meth available to him inside of the home and I think it is a stretch to believe she didnt know he was a user. And that is all that would be needed for at least a child endangerment charge, I would think....I just want to wrap my arms around that baby and turn back the clock-I want all those people who claimed to have knowledge of her screams and constant injuries to have called police prior to this guy bringing her cold lifeless body to a neighbors house.

Mom, your daughter had various injuries in various states of healing and palm sized pieces of skin missing. My guess is it was from ice or hot water. You have to live with that every day and every minute.

It wouldnt even matter if someone told me why at this point.

Well, I guess I had something to say after all-I am so glad all of the pain is over with, little one. I hope you watch over your surviving sister and everyone who loved you so much.

Lightbulb-the atty is worried about the possession of the meth. It was found after the warrant was obtained right?

lovely.

:rose: Rest in Peace Little Koralynn :rose:

http://www.lewiscountysirens.com/

Defendant in Koralynn Fister death pleads guilty
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 8:01 pm

CHEHALIS – A deal was struck today that means there will be no trial for James M. Reeder but he will go to prison for many years and possibly the rest of his life.
The 26-year-old, accused of rape, torture and the death of his girlfriend’s toddler, pleaded guilty today, but didn’t admit guilt.

He made a so-called Alford plea in which he acknowledged a jury hearing the evidence would likely find him guilty, but acknowledged no wrongdoing.

“We got the maximum of life, which is the best we could get at trial, and we don’t have to deal with appeals,” Lewis County Prosecutor Jonathan Meyer said this afternoon.

BBM

More at Link

As part of the deal, Reeder gave up his right to appeal in any way, according to Meyer.

That should be a comfort to her loved ones-they wont face endless media and appeals.

JAMES REEDER WANTS TO CHANGE HIS GUILTY PLEA

http://www.lewiscountysirens.com/?p=16949
Friday, February 1st, 2013

Judge denies request to withdraw guilty plea in child sexual abuse, death case.

The 26-year-old Centralia resident has been awaiting sentencing for the May death of his girlfriend’s 2-year-old daughter after pleading guilty last month.

From the Lewis County Jail, Reeder penciled a two-page letter to Lewis County Superior Court Judge James Lawler asking to please be allowed to withdraw his plea, saying he has been telling his lawyer all along he wanted to take it to a trial.

Judge Lawler denied his request today.
Reeder’s sentencing remains scheduled for March 6.

<snipped> & BBM by me.
More at Link.

:cop: :behindbar: :cop:

http://www.lewiscountysirens.com/?p=17588
Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 12:10 p.m. Updates at 1:56 and 4:22 p.m.

By Sharyn L. Decker
Lewis County Sirens news reporter

CHEHALIS &#8211; James M. Reeder was given 37 and a half years to life in prison this morning for the rape and death of his girlfriend&#8217;s 2-year-old daughter last year at her Centralia home.

The 26-year-old Centralia resident made no statements to the judge before the sentence was handed down.

Lewis County Superior Court Judge James Lawler gave Reeder the maximum allowed, given the charges Reeder was convicted of pursuant to a plea agreement. While Reeder had pleaded guilty, he did so without admitting any wrongdoing.

The judge said he would have given more time if he could.

&#8220;I didn&#8217;t hear, but I can imagine, her screams and her cries as she was tortured by you,&#8221; Lawler said. &#8220;I wish I wasn&#8217;t limited by the statute, I wish I wasn&#8217;t limited by these charges.&#8221;

The little girl died from drowning and four severe blows to her head, prosecutors said today. Authorities arrested Reeder that night after evidence of sexual assault was discovered.

<snipped>
More at Link and lots of comments.

Such a heartbreaking case. I would have no problem with him getting a swift death penalty.I just have no mercy for those who abuse such helpless innocent babies. He NEVER belongs out in society again.

This is horrible. This man had very premeditated intent to sexually abuse this girl until he killed her, weeks later.

I do agree with the others who say the mother should be also charged. To allow some man to come in, and for ten weeks take over ALL childcare of a 2 year old girl is inexcusable.

This is really beyond awful, and looking at this sentence I pray he serves every minute of 37 years. Unlikely. He'll probably get out in 1/2 that. But when I look through legal cases, there are people who have sold prescription drugs without a license who will probably serve more time because of sentencing guidelines.

For example, it's very likely that Hope Sykes will serve more time behind bars than this murderer, for the crime of riding in a car where one bottle of prescription drugs was sold to an undercover agent.

So awful.

:yesss: :yesss: :yesss:

This is what we needed to hear!!

http://www.lewiscountysirens.com/?p=17615
Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Dead toddler&#8217;s mother to be criminally charged

CHEHALIS &#8211; The mother of Koralynn Fister was informed yesterday she would be charged with a crime, following the court hearing for her former live-in boyfriend that led to his lengthy prison term in the death of the toddler.

James M. Reeder, 26, went before a Lewis County Superior Court judge yesterday morning where he was given a sentence of at least 37 and a half years and up to life for the rape, assault and death of 2-year-old Koralynn last May at her Centralia home.

Meyer said Heupel wasn&#8217;t arrested, but informed she would be summonsed by mail to court to face a charge of second-degree criminal mistreatment. It&#8217;s a class C felony.

He, two of his deputy prosecutors and a law enforcement officer met with her after the 10:30 a.m. hearing, he said.

Meyer said the decision to charge Huepel wasn&#8217;t made until after Reeder pleaded guilty to the crimes in January.

Prosecutors wanted to make sure she was available as a witness in Reeder&#8217;s case, he said. Had she been charged and then called to testify against him, she could have invoked her fifth amendment right not to make statements that might incriminate her, according to Meyer.

The prosecutor said he also understands she is a grieving mother, and wanted to wait until she had a chance to make any statements yesterday at Reeder&#8217;s sentencing.

<snipped>
More at Link.

:pullhair: .... I can't believe what I am reading .... :what: This mother had been warned about Reeder and she admits to LE that she was aware he was abusing that precious child!!! .... and she let him continue on until he killed her, just so she could have a relationship with him!! :thud:

http://www.lewiscountysirens.com/?p=17939
Friday, March 22, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Koralynn Fister: Dead toddler’s mother pleads innocent to putting little one in harm’s way

CHEHALIS – Almost a year after losing her 2-year-old daughter to torturous sexual abuse of a new live-in boyfriend, Becky M. Heupel today faced a judge, charged with failing to protect the little girl.

Heupel, 31, admitted to police, according to prosecutors, that if she had witnessed injuries on someone else’s child that she saw on her own daughter, she would have called the police.

The Centralia woman pleaded not guilty this afternoon to second-degree criminal mistreatment in Lewis County Superior Court. It’s a class C felony.

Koralynn Fister died last May 24 of head injuries and drowning; the boyfriend James Reeder said he found her face down in the bathtub when he stepped out to get a towel.

Heupel, who is partially deaf, used a hearing device provided by courtroom staff.

Charges were filed two weeks ago, and Heupel was summonsed by mail to appear for today’s hearing.

Prosecutors allege the mother recklessly created an imminent and substantial risk of death or great bodily harm through her inaction.

When interviewed by Centralia police this past January, Heupel confirmed she wanted a relationship with Reeder and ignored warnings from others about the relationship, as well as signs she saw herself, such as controlling behavior and signs of abuse to the child, according to prosecutors.

BBM

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021