WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happened to the command center for Lindsey to be set up by that woman from CA who came in to help? Did they abandon the idea after LE said they were going to speak to them about it?

Whatever happened to the command center for Lindsey to be set up by that woman from CA who came in to help? Did they abandon the idea after LE said they were going to speak to them about it?

That &/or the location fell through.

On the copy/paste note:

When the article is pulled down or is difficult to be found (which happens frequently+) at least there will be a copy of it.

IMO - for the most part - there isn't much reason to be paranoid over (forum) users copying/pasting (specific) news articles.

Copying the article in portion may be worse. Some assume they are looking @ the entire article.

Selectively picking leaves things out & opens a variety of other issues. My guess is authors don't want to be misinterpreted &/or misquoted.

IMO if you are to quote/copy it should be done in full. Not in portion.

Paraphrasing is of course immune to these (copying) problems. :rolleyes:

I haven't read through all of the posts past Karens so if I someone said something and I don't address it in this post, I will edit and add it.
First, thank you to everyone who has commented on my sons return. I (and he) appreciate your support.

I just wanted to say that for the past week I've felt guilty.. this feeling comes from the fact that I am rejoicing in the fact that after a long year my son is coming home. I'm thrilled that he is getting out of that war area. I'm thrilled that he wasn't injured or killed. He is my first born.. I was just a baby when he was born (Ok, I was 18 almost 19 but still.. so young). We pretty much grew up together. There is a bond between us that I can't even explain..
I've been helping his wife raise his first born.. she was 5 months old when he left.. she turned 18 months just a few days ago. He sacrificed seeing his daughters first everythings.. to serve for our country.
So why do I feel guilty? Because he choose to put himself in harms way. He signed up for the Army at the age of 17. He volunteered for border patrol in Arizona for 2 years, came home for 3 months and deployed to Iraq for a year.
And I'm rejoicing the fact that he is coming HOME.
But Lindsey and millions of other children don't get to chose if they are put into harms way. Many never get to go home.. mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, etc don't get to see those children grow up, they don't get to experience so many things that I've gotten to with my children.

I don't want to take away from the children that are missing... but I just wanted to tell everyone thank you. Like I said my son appreciates your support. Although he'd be the first to tell you to stop thanking him.. he says he didn't do anything special. He was just doing his job.. just like every other person on earth.

I think you have all those priorities straight and the ducks sitting in a perfect row Jennifer. I think your son must be one HELLO guy. And why wouldn't he with a mom like you :blowkiss:

Thank you eyes4crime. :)

SS- I haven't heard another word about the command center. I thought when the LE made the statement about talking to them about it that would be an encouragement and their way of making sure that everyone stayed in contact. Shared info and stuff.

But now I'm wondering since we haven't heard anymore if it was more to the effect of "don't do this for what ever reason". Like maybe they didn't want people involved. If that's the case, that worries me. Why would the LE tell someone they shouldn't set up something like that. I know if it was my child I would want EVERYONE involved. The more eyes and ears out there.. the better chance of finding what you are looking for.

I would to be on the safe side. Also anyone who quoted the whole article should edit, too.

I think they used to say 1/3 of the story we can reprint, but don't quote me. LOL

Hmmmm...makes me wonder how Angel can post whole articles tho. I was always told it was a huge no-no here. :confused:

. . . and she seems very Mod-like ;}

Missed you guys tonight but just got home from a family get together that went on and on. It was good to see everyone tho. xox

SS- I haven't heard another word about the command center. I thought when the LE made the statement about talking to them about it that would be an encouragement and their way of making sure that everyone stayed in contact. Shared info and stuff.

But now I'm wondering since we haven't heard anymore if it was more to the effect of "don't do this for what ever reason". Like maybe they didn't want people involved. If that's the case, that worries me. Why would the LE tell someone they shouldn't set up something like that. I know if it was my child I would want EVERYONE involved. The more eyes and ears out there.. the better chance of finding what you are looking for.

not sure if I should post this because it was something KK posted on another forum, but she said they are waiting for the "ok" to get the search center up but that takes an outside organization who is trained in working smart and also working in some ways with the authorities just to avoid any toe stepping and such. She also said that although she knows LE are working their angle, she wishes they would allow some outside search organizations to come in and help search. Also according to her post Melissa Baum is supposed to be on the Steve Wilkos show in the near future.

She wrote this today. If this post is a no-no, let me know and I'll remove it.

I read that so differently when LE said they wanted to discuss the center with them. LOL I really thought they wanted to put a damper on things for the time being for some reason. It was just in the way it was stated maybe, but that was my take on it.

Yes, I understand the location fell through...but I figured they could line something else up fairly quickly even if it was doing it out of Lindsey's house. The entire idea appears to be scrapped, imo. (No matter what KK says. LOL)

Awww...the Steve Wilkos Show?! Say it isn't true! I would prefer to see her on Geraldo than SW and that is saying something!

Well i hope it isn't scrapped :/

Normcar, this is just a "guess" but it makes sense.

We know a "creek" runs along the park n ride, goes under ground there and must come out someplace else. We also know that Sams Canal runs along Maple between 7th and where the waste water treatment plant is near the end of 10th. (making 8th, 9th and 10th Streets dead ends)

on my map below, red indicates the areas where we know water is flowing. The green is where I am guessing where the underground portion runs
Found this info:
Sam's Canal, dug in the 1920s, meanders South through town, until it cuts West just past City Hall.

[URL="http://www.talkshop.info/wildcat-aquifer/wildcat-creek-aquifer-envr110.htm]Source

[/URL]
culverts.jpg

Thanks Jennifer, that is exactly what I was looking for, I hope the "green" area has been checked out. I sincerely appreciate this map! I just wish I had the capability to know if this potential "green" area is searchable. Logging off because I have some catching up that I'm working on. Thanks again.

CONGRATULATIONS on the safe return of your son!!

Me either, however if she ran away, at least there's a good possibility she is still alive. I would much rather see her as a runaway then in the hands of a perp or worse, laying in a shallow grave somewhere.

From your mouth to God's ears, cyber.:blowkiss:

But here's the deal - 10-year-old girls do not run away. They might threaten to run away but never actually do it. Plus, there would have been huge red flags at school or at church. There are plenty of adults who could have come forward to say that they think she is an at-risk child and they haven't done that.

This is a little girl who is afraid of the dark who rarely goes anywhere by herself. As much as I'd love for her to be a runaway, I'd hate for people to lose interest in finding her because they no longer think she's been abducted.

From your mouth to God's ears, cyber.:blowkiss:

But here's the deal - 10-year-old girls do not run away. They might threaten to run away but never actually do it. Plus, there would have been huge red flags at school or at church. There are plenty of adults who could have come forward to say that they think she is an at-risk child and they haven't done that.

This is a little girl who is afraid of the dark who rarely goes anywhere by herself. As much as I'd love for her to be a runaway, I'd hate for people to lose interest in finding her because they no longer think she's been abducted.

I only meant that being a runaway I would have more hope for her well being. I do not believe she left McCleary of her own free will. She didn't have the means nor does it appear she had a network in place for that. Even if she is a runaway, she's a little girl alone and we should never stop or hesitate looking for her, because runaway's often fall into the wrong hands.

What we need is a liaison, a specific someone who can coordinate the flow of information between the various LE agencies, S&R groups and the public/media: LE has to focus on their criminal investigation; the S&R types can't get stopped by things like chain-of-evidence and probable cause; and the public/media needs accurate and timely information to be of any use at all. It should be someone professional, who is familiar with the area and the specifics of the case, who can be trusted by all three groups to relay information among them.

I 'see' five or six perfect candidates right here, each of whom already volunteers considerable time and unique skills to the goal of bringing Lindsey home.

Sigh. I know I'm probably dreaming. It just seems like so much talent and good will just flies out the window, instead of being applied to this problem!

You are all wonderful people. I wish Lindsey knew what excellent friends she has.

Where is Lindsey?? Geeze......why/how did kids just seem to vanish into thin air without a trace. Someone knows something and I have begun praying for the guardians/caretakers of abused/neglected children to be touched and change their actions. I'm sick of this!! Our kids are not throwaway foam plates. Someone knows something...now tell it!! Please. ((forgive me...was just reading on lil missing Robert too))) Enough is enough.

I only meant that being a runaway I would have more hope for her well being. I do not believe she left McCleary of her own free will. She didn't have the means nor does it appear she had a network in place for that. Even if she is a runaway, she's a little girl alone and we should never stop or hesitate looking for her, because runaway's often fall into the wrong hands.

Oh, cyber, it's wonderful people like you who still have hope that keep the rest of us from despair. I'm usually a very optimistic person but I have to admit that lately it's been hard with all of these babies just disappearing into thin air. So I have a hard time even entertaining the idea that she ran away when it just doesn't seem plausible.

Thanks Jennifer, that is exactly what I was looking for, I hope the "green" area has been checked out. I sincerely appreciate this map! I just wish I had the capability to know if this potential "green" area is searchable. Logging off because I have some catching up that I'm working on. Thanks again.

CONGRATULATIONS on the safe return of your son!!

I'm not sure how they would search the underground portion. I don't know anything about underground culverts but I'm assuming they have to have some sort of access to them incase they become clogged. I wonder if at the beggining of the culvert they have something like a chain link fence in front of it so nothing can enter into the culvert in the first place

Thank you.

One thing I have learned is that the less information coming from LE...the faster a case grows cold. It is in the best interest of Lindsey for them to hold regular press conferences and speak to what they have learned so it moves the case forward with the public's knowledge. They are more interested in the arrest and conviction of a perp at this point and it is why they are holding back information. To me, this is not in the best interest of the child. Without solid leads coming in, LE can't get a foothold on a piece of the puzzle...they have nothing to work with to find the rest of those pieces.

I'm not sure what benefit this link will have, if any, to you folks wondering about culvert systems, but I found it interesting. They discuss the culverts in relation to small water animals being able to pass through them, such as fish and salamanders. I figure that if there is speculation about fish not being able to pass through, there would hardly be enough room for anything larger. The analysis was done partially in Grays Harbor County, so I believe the information is relevant.

Anyway, here's the link:
http://lccd.scc.wa.gov/conservation-programs/fish-habitat.html

I finally got approved to post........I have been waiting for weeks. Cyberswept and JVK can vouch for me. I was with them at the vigil that night they took a bunch of pictures. I have been reading the comments and dying to post back. I live right here in McCleary and would love to help.:dance:

I finally got approved to post........I have been waiting for weeks. Cyberswept and JVK can vouch for me. the funny thing is, I am the guy in the road vest watching JVK taking pictures etc. I was with him at the vigil that night. I have been reading the comments and dying to post back. I live right here in McCleary and would love to help.:dance:
:Welcome-12-june: Lets get busy sluething! We know who you are! LOl! What'cha got? I'v spent the day all over the net for this case today. The one theme that keeps comming up by pro's is that it is someone she new. Let er ripp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard