WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone down there...guess we got nothing much to add. Except...thanks for all of you and thanks for being there this weekend. I'm really glad I know all of you!

IMG00176-20090913-1130.jpg

It's pictures like that.. that reminds me of why I love Washington State so much.

Why are there no postings anywhere that I can find that thanks the individual businesses for their donations to the LB search ?

Why are there no postings anywhere that I can find that thanks the individual businesses for their donations to the LB search ?
Since many of us can't be at the search I thought it would be nice to have the businesses and what they donated in the main forum. That way vistors and members from W/S could send Thank You notes to all the vendors. Kindness with are gratitude works miricles and may encourage those businesses to donate again. :)

Since many of us can't be at the search I thought it would be nice to have the businesses and what they donated in the main forum. That way vistors and members from W/S could send Thank You notes to all the vendors. Kindness with are gratitude works miracles and may encourage those businesses to donate again. :)

That is a great idea !!

Thanks Kagey :clap:

contact@findlindseybaum.com would probably be more helpful in answering your question.

I have searched all of the LB websites looking for any listings of thank you's to the businesses that have donated to the LB searches

IMPO .... It would not take long to make a listing and add to it if anyone new donated to the searches.

I am going to leave it at that for now... my frustration is getting the better of me with people right now

I don't think it's anyone here's responsibility to do this. Yes, it may be nice to have a list so those that would like to send thank-yous can do so. But many of these posters have been incredibly busy this weekend with searches. If you do have some extra time, perhaps you could put that together for us? If not, please do not complain that no one else has done so. In the mean time...

Many businesses that donated are mentioned in this thread: ATTN: We need everyone to help with the upcoming search for Lindsey this Friday. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Other businesses that aren't mentioned there can likely be obtained from the email address that JenniferO posted. contact@findlindseybaum.com

I think it's completely between MB and the people/businesses who make donations, not really anyone else's business. There's a lot going on, and people who make donations are usually doing it for whatever cause, not to be recognized for what they've done. JMO

I don't think it's anyone here's responsibility to do this. Yes, it may be nice to have a list so those that would like to send thank-yous can do so. But many of these posters have been incredibly busy this weekend with searches. If you do have some extra time, perhaps you could put that together for us? If not, please do not complain that no one else has done so. In the mean time...

Many businesses that donated are mentioned in this thread: ATTN: We need everyone to help with the upcoming search for Lindsey this Friday. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Other businesses that aren't mentioned there can likely be obtained from the email address that JenniferO posted. contact@findlindseybaum.com
This is a good thing to do. When Tim Miller is on a case as the Caylee Anthony we at webslueths thanked all the venders who donated to the cause. This not an unreasable thing to do. Shout outs for these businesses is extremely important as this form of giving during financial hard times for business owners is so needed for future searches. I always thanked each one personally acknowledging what they provided. Do you know how so many letters arriving to these sweet folks could shine a light as to how many people sincerely care and are appreciative for their service. This letter riding might draw more people into giving. I'm not understanding why there wasn't a list for thanks at the community center. Vendors are right at the top of the list during missing children cases. Members here who have worked together actually called in to Orlando to order pizza's for the 100's searching privatly. Lets give it a whirl and their done. Personally I only e-mail people I know, so an acccount posted on W/S is a good thing for me and others who want to join the campaign of gratitude and thanks. :)

I think it's completely between MB and the people/businesses who make donations, not really anyone else's business. There's a lot going on, and people who make donations are usually doing it for whatever cause, not to be recognized for what they've done. JMO

I agree that businesses do donate to be kind hearted but I also believe that most businesses wants some kind of recognition for their good deeds. I do not mean a simple ... Thank you everyone for all of your support... I know I am sounding cold hearted and really was asking a simple question concerning whether or not the businesses had been thanked individually but apparently nowadays that has gone to the wayside ? I merely wanted to know if it had been done or not so that maybe some of us on here could possibly do something to show our appreciation for their help and support in the search for LB

I must sweetly disagree as I have witnessed the good in this. This private search brought many of the public into wanting to hear about Lindsey. Just look at your marker at how many people read this thread. As much as it seems we are alone in a room chatting we aren't. We are in a public forum and the best at that. So yes, Tricia, the mods and fellow members respect the gift of giving during all of these cases. To say it isn't the publics right seems very harsh as these are some of the reasons we post on these crimes. The detectives even got thank you cards in Orlando and have said the thoughtfulness by so many strangers encoraged them to keep investigating one heck of case. Actual we were going to send Ace of Cakes to them but an officer stated cards of thanks was all that was needed. Do you still believe this is a private matter while on a public forum?

As a small business owner if I donate, I very much appreciate a thank you and/or a public acknowledgment. Times are tight and advertising is very expensive. That said, I do agree though that the "thank you" should come from MB. Maybe consider this ... List the names on the search or missing flyers? It's hard to think of these things when a child is missing, seems a little crass I realize that. However, the reality is the searching may go on for an extended period and more business donations which support those search efforts may be necessary. I also feel the many people who are donating their time need to be thanked, as without them, the business donations would not even be necessary. MOO

Maybe because MB hasn't done that yet? Or maybe because some of us don't want to be thanked? And we don't care if we're thanked? And that's not why we are here? Make sense? What businesses that you know of have donated to help with the search? Soon as you can get that info it would be great Kona.

Why are you questioning that? And If you are...why? Were you there today? Searching? Eating?

I'm not trying to be rude. But if you weren't there...how can you question what was going on if you aren't there?
I don't know who donated food ect. which is why I have no problem waiting. The people who searched were so giving with there time, and I believe or imagine the center is like a revolving office. So I get the somatics of the vender's who took there time there goods to help out the best they could. It is customary to thanks these people, it's the polite thing to do. Most of all many of us like webslueths for the flowing friendships that seem to work so well together. As a community we do alot of major giving when called to help. This is the forum you joined as a choice. This typing of agressive posting is just not kool. Most are here to help and would hate to see the entire thread takeen away and Lindsey's story goes cold. This Enquier type chat should be left in a private forum for chat. Love you all but this has to stop as Coraroe *(sp) People all over the world are reading this and are probably saying, " Get on with it, post a list so we can help. Do think this discounting of all involed are going to make people 6000 mi. away may say for get about it and a new Lindsey team member walks away. :confused: :rolleyes: I promiss to use spell check and where my glasses ! Lets get some sleep are emotions are going to keep us from a good nights sleep.

i believe its good manners to send out a thank you :clap:

but.....you need to be careful :croc: when putting out the names/businesses to a public forum/news paper ect......:dj:

the reason i say that :bateyes:....is when i went and had the flyers printed and a local pizza company put them on the pizza box's....i asked them if i could give a public shout out of a thank you :wave:....the manager said...thank you so much for asking....but no :eek:.....i was surprised by the answer i got :waitasec:....but i was very happy that i thought of asking him first :yes:

so my suggestion :idea:....is to first ask...if its ok to make their donation :gift: public if its not :hand:....then who ever got the donation in the first place :Bicicleta:....could send a priviate thank you to that person/place :thumb:

just my 2 cents :hug:.....i know its not much...but its all i got :crazy:

I didn't mean to say that it's not right to thank the companies...I meant that it's between MB and those companies (or the solicitor of the donation/person who received the donation and the donator); the timing, the release of names, etc. Like TakeNote said, some companies may not want public recognition, so it's no one else's business.

JVK - always look forward to your photos !

Please forgive me if this is a 'dumb' question, but in the middle of this photo, it shows a pile of rocks..Do you know if that is a creek bed, or just a "random" pile of rocks? Was that pile "searched"? Or are you not allowed to answer that question? TIA !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2