WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been praying for her - A LOT!

prayingsmiley.gif
prayingsmiley.gif
prayingsmiley.gif

And I am sure she appreciates that :) Prayers are always a good thing.

Salem

I wouldn't worry too much yet. She will probably be back in a week or so. Sometimes she gets busy with other things. But I'm sure she will be back soon. :)

Salem

Thanks Salem, I have been concerned too, worried she is sick or having an operation but hoping she is just on a grand vacation. You have set me at ease. She is just such a neat lady and booming force in any investigation we do that I would hate to see her sick. xox

What a little Cutie Pie. That must be at Easter with her stash, eh?

Easter, yes. There is another photo (a page or so ago) that was from the same day.

thanks jvk - she is adorable. Yet, when I see pics of Lindsey I get the sense it would be next to impossible to force her into something she didn't want to do. She has her own little determined personality - makes me think she trusted and knew her abductor well. Thanks to all those brave and caring enough to search for such a beautiful child.

thanks jvk - she is adorable. Yet, when I see pics of Lindsey I get the sense it would be next to impossible to force her into something she didn't want to do. She has her own little determined personality - makes me think she trusted and knew her abductor well. Thanks to all those brave and caring enough to search for such a beautiful child.

I feel the same way. Which to me makes it worse and makes me sick.

Have spent the last couple of hours just going back to basics - specifically June 2009 to see what was going on in McCleary. Here are some of the things I learned:

June 26, 2009 was declared Donnie Rostedt day in McCleary. Donnie was a retiring long service employee for the City of McCleary.

End of June/first of July, 2009 City Hall was the centre for the search efforts and hosted more than 30 FBI agents and countless Sheriff deputies. During that two week span 9 boxes of copy paper were used. George, John and Randy (McCleary police) devoted incredible hours to locate Lindsey.

It cost the city of McCleary $83,499.00 to have the City Hall Parking Lot redone with work commencing June 01, 2009 and concluding July 16, 2009. Balmalli Contracting, Inc from Chehalis, WA did the work on the parking lot.

McCleary operates with an all volunteer fire department and operates in conjunction with Grays Harbour County District #12.

Light and Power: There are four linemen and one Line Equipment Operator (LEO) who do all the work necessary to maintain the system and provide hookups to new customers.

McCleary Municipal Court meets the 2nd and 4th Friday of every month - all misdemeanors are tried before a judge.

Garbage is picked up through a contract with Harold Lemay, Inc.

All of this information comes from website:
http://www.cityofmccleary.com/

And there was a Public Hearing meeting at 6:30pm this day October 6, 2009 at the McCleary Community Centre regarding something to do with the water supply I think (aquifer). Cannot find any information if anything was going on in the Community Centre the night Lindsey went missing - where is the Community Centre?
Snaps are from the information taken from the linked website.

This has been the sleuthing for this evening - Lindsey come home.

ETA: Court was held in McCleary the day Lindsey went missing

Attachments

• June 26th 2009 Donnie Rostedt day McCleary.jpg
    June 26th 2009 Donnie Rostedt day McCleary.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 18
  • July 16th Lindsey Baum is missing.jpg
    July 16th Lindsey Baum is missing.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 14
  • City Hall Parking Lot work June 2009.jpg
    City Hall Parking Lot work June 2009.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 12
I also feel that whoever took Lindsey was someone she knew, I think that otherwise there would have been evidence of a struggle. She would have made sure of it.
And then I think, she is just a child and not a very large one at that. Could it have been a pure blitz attack that shocked her to the point that she couldn't yell? Or did she willingly get in a car with a person she knew? Did she get in a car with a person she thought she knew, via Myspace or a friend of a friend? Did she visit someone else's house on the way home?
And through all of this, I try to simultaneously recall that she is strong and resilient and resourceful and smart, and at the same time recall that she is also a child, not very big or old or streetwise.
Thus my obvious confusion in some of my posts.

I remember you Jenn M. I was in the group that had the guy with the GPS that you asked if he was for hire.

I think I was in that group on Saturday. I can't remember names for the life of me. :banghead:

There were so many people there.

I also feel that whoever took Lindsey was someone she knew, I think that otherwise there would have been evidence of a struggle. She would have made sure of it.
And then I think, she is just a child and not a very large one at that. Could it have been a pure blitz attack that shocked her to the point that she couldn't yell? Or did she willingly get in a car with a person she knew? Did she get in a car with a person she thought she knew, via Myspace or a friend of a friend? Did she visit someone else's house on the way home?
And through all of this, I try to simultaneously recall that she is strong and resilient and resourceful and smart, and at the same time recall that she is also a child, not very big or old or streetwise.

ITA, and besides, neither of her slip on shoes were found. I think she went willingly as she knew the person. xox

I too do complete flip flops when thinking about what happened to Lindsey. I truly believe she was headed home and didn't make any more stops along the way just considering the time of day. My thinking always takes me back to:
-she is just a child
-she knew the perp (don't think it was a grab from the street)
-whoever is responsible probably suffered some wounds
It is also my opinion only that somebody was messing with Lindsey's head prior to her disappearance based on her MS comment that something bad was going to happen. Then again and here comes the flip flop - something bad at Lindsey's age could be as simple as being grounded from her friends for a week.
Flip/flop........flip/flop ..... flip/flop.
Lindsey come home.

I remember you too Jenn. I was in the group with the guy with the GPS as well.

Thanks for doing what you do! I hope to make it there this weekend and do what I can do to help out.

I was the debriefer. Jenn O was the briefer. just to add to the confusion!

headed back to class... urg!

I too do complete flip flops when thinking about what happened to Lindsey. I truly believe she was headed home and didn't make any more stops along the way just considering the time of day. My thinking always takes me back to:
-she is just a child
-she knew the perp (don't think it was a grab from the street)
-whoever is responsible probably suffered some wounds
It is also my opinion only that somebody was messing with Lindsey's head prior to her disappearance based on her MS comment that something bad was going to happen. Then again and here comes the flip flop - something bad at Lindsey's age could be as simple as being grounded from her friends for a week.
Flip/flop........flip/flop ..... flip/flop.
Lindsey come home.

Oh I know - the flip/flopping is heartbreaking. I think of Lindsey taking care of her puppy and raising Kandace to adulthood. Lindsey loved her dog showing that she had great compassion and empathy. So combine an adorable, compassionate ten-year-old, with an independent streak of her own. and it's easy to see Lindsey help to look for a lost or sick puppy; help a sick or lost senior; and more importantly, take a ride with a trusted, known person. We have to remember she feared the dark. There is no escaping the fact that Lindsey is/was a beautiful, vulnerable child as captured by jvk's fantastic pictures.

I just wanted to say thank you to jvk and everyone who bumped the pictures he posted. Somehow I missed a few pages of the thread and all of the pics, and am just seeing them all tonight.

I'm extra emotional today, and since there are a few men who read here I will spare the details. ;) But needless to say, looking at all of the pictures brought me to tears. Especially this most recently posted one. I see it and see a beautiful, innocent child. Then I scroll down and read and am reminded of what is going on. It's like riping my heart out and stomping on it.

Come home soon, Lindsey.

Have spent the last couple of hours just going back to basics - specifically June 2009 to see what was going on in McCleary. Here are some of the things I learned:

June 26, 2009 was declared Donnie Rostedt day in McCleary. Donnie was a retiring long service employee for the City of McCleary.

End of June/first of July, 2009 City Hall was the centre for the search efforts and hosted more than 30 FBI agents and countless Sheriff deputies. During that two week span 9 boxes of copy paper were used. George, John and Randy (McCleary police) devoted incredible hours to locate Lindsey.

It cost the city of McCleary $83,499.00 to have the City Hall Parking Lot redone with work commencing June 01, 2009 and concluding July 16, 2009. Balmalli Contracting, Inc from Chehalis, WA did the work on the parking lot.

McCleary operates with an all volunteer fire department and operates in conjunction with Grays Harbour County District #12.

Light and Power: There are four linemen and one Line Equipment Operator (LEO) who do all the work necessary to maintain the system and provide hookups to new customers.

McCleary Municipal Court meets the 2nd and 4th Friday of every month - all misdemeanors are tried before a judge.

Garbage is picked up through a contract with Harold Lemay, Inc.

All of this information comes from website:
http://www.cityofmccleary.com/

And there was a Public Hearing meeting at 6:30pm this day October 6, 2009 at the McCleary Community Centre regarding something to do with the water supply I think (aquifer). Cannot find any information if anything was going on in the Community Centre the night Lindsey went missing - where is the Community Centre?
Snaps are from the information taken from the linked website.

This has been the sleuthing for this evening - Lindsey come home.

ETA: Court was held in McCleary the day Lindsey went missing

From the City of McCleary website;
GENERAL CITY QUESTIONS
Do I need a Business License in the City?
No. The City does not require you to have a license.

Elepher, per our discussion about the street vendor who sold vegetables. Maybe a local knows who the person is? How the heck do they regulate business activities with no licenses issued?

From the City of McCleary website;
GENERAL CITY QUESTIONS
Do I need a Business License in the City?
No. The City does not require you to have a license.

Elepher, per our discussion about the street vendor who sold vegetables. Maybe a local knows who the person is? How the heck do they regulate business activities with no licenses issued?

Knox .. I specifically went to that website to look for that information and got a bad case of what I call "sometimers" - not quite to the "alltimers" stage yet. I forgot what I went looking for .... LOL.

Thank you .. thank you for this .. we have no need to go looking for that elusive license anymore for the vegetable street vendor who had the sign "Bring our Angel Lindsey Home".
Who is this man - the street vendor - does anybody know initials for him?

Eleph

I talked a little bit to Kona about him. She never did give me his name. He was at the search center meeting on Aug 27 and I believe JVK had pictures of him (I'll go see if I can find them). He also brought a bunch of fruit as a donation during that weekend.
I talked to him and he seemed like a really nice caring guy. I believe he is also the one that stands out on the corner in the middle of the road handing out flyers (I could be wrong here so don't quote that as fact).

I talked a little bit to Kona about him. She never did give me his name. He was at the search center meeting on Aug 27 and I believe JVK had pictures of him (I'll go see if I can find them). He also brought a bunch of fruit as a donation during that weekend.
I talked to him and he seemed like a really nice caring guy. I believe he is also the one that stands out on the corner in the middle of the road handing out flyers (I could be wrong here so don't quote that as fact).

Oh JenniferO tell me this isn't so .... I near fell out of my chair and I do not want to look at the picture yet.

Was the search centre meeting on the 27th August right before Mark Klass was in McCleary - I am getting the searches mixed up. If you say yes, I am out of my chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu