WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Scandi for all the kindness and understanding you've given Lindsey's forum these several months. Your compassion and words of encouragement have helped us through some rough spots.

With the passing of your dear sister, know that your friends here want to give our kindness and compassion to you any way we can. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Kind regards,
Coral

Keep the faith Jvk. Sometimes in life things don't materialize as we expect on a timely basis. It has to be there is wonderful Karma working on behalf of Lindsey and that gives great grace to LE, and the powers that be.

If I didn't believe that in my heart I would be very unsettled. I believe that there is great integrity with those investigating Lindsey's casa. God Bless the FBI and the GH Sheriff's Dept. I give them a thumbs up in their work of finding her. They will. I hold that faith in my heart for Lindsey.

I am off for a little bit as my baby sister passed early Sunday morning. She was only 54, the youngest of the 6 of us. I am here in spirit but now of course dedicated to my family which needs all the love I can give to them. It is such a difficult realization to accept the fact she is gone from us. Out of the blue it seems, as tho time didn't even have it's way to run like a river to the sea, as Alan Parsons sang it would. See you soon, xox

Scandi I have missed you and was hoping nothing serious had come your way. So very sorry about the loss of your beloved baby sister. As you give and give to your family, please remember to replenish yourself. I have appreciated the way you take a scenario and turn it every which way for a possible new clue - I hope this same strength, compassion, and tenacity prevails when coping with your own loss of a loved one.

May you and your family find peace in your hearts. See you when you return and please remember, if you would like some group support, we will be here. :hug: :blowkiss:

been a while since I've been in here...but... he was so well worth it :)
meet Jaxon :)
firstdayhome.jpg

With every door that closes... another opens.

Sorry to hear about your loss Scandi, my heart goes out to your family at this difficult time.

Cajungirl, Congratulations and welcome Jaxon!

he was born at just 28 weeks :) and look at him now ... such a blessing

This is video that I recorded off of TV on December 22nd, 2009...

Okay, sorry about the poor video. It's a bit shaky and has my lamp reflecting off the TV, but at least I got it. It's NOT what they said on this morning's news about FBI agents going to McCleary next month, but it's the most I could get for you all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdOoxZycezo

Sure, this newscast most likely won't help the case much, but it's a start.

Quoted from the video:

"Authorities have followd up on 1200 leads, so far."

1200 leads.

I wonder how many of those leads were someone reporting they saw Lindsey drinking a Starbucks at an I-80 truck stop in the Poconos?

Sigh.

/// snippage///

I am off for a little bit as my baby sister passed early Sunday morning. She was only 54, the youngest of the 6 of us. I am here in spirit but now of course dedicated to my family which needs all the love I can give to them. It is such a difficult realization to accept the fact she is gone from us. Out of the blue it seems, as tho time didn't even have it's way to run like a river to the sea, as Alan Parsons sang it would. See you soon, xox

Hi, scandi,

May I offer my condolences. We lost my mother when she was 61. We lost my sister when she was 40. Both, too young.

I wonder how many of those leads were someone reporting they saw Lindsey drinking a Starbucks at an I-80 truck stop in the Poconos?

Sigh.

I guess i can't speak for others but i believe i'm not alone in wondering if some haven't been intentionally misleading the investigation. From quite early on actually.

It's my opinion & recollection that the original hit & run story came from person(s) who run in opposition of support of the family &/or search center.

The timing of that (edit: original hit & run) story fell right in line with another (somewhat associated) story & wild chase some of us had been sent on. I recall the source of both being of the same.

The original story (which btw i tend not to believe) did not include the 'chucking a pot into the ocean part though. It had a different swing to it. It attempted to tie in the HO report.

I guess i can't speak for others but i believe i'm not alone in wondering if some haven't been intentionally misleading the investigation. From quite early on actually.

I've often wondered this myself.

“Far from being done”
BY JACOB JONES - The Daily World
Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:50 PM PST

Grays Harbor investigators plan to call in new experts as the family of 11-year-old Lindsey Baum prepares to spend its first Christmas without the missing girl almost six months after she vanished from a McCleary street.

Undersheriff Rick Scott announced in a news conference Tuesday that additional missing child experts are expected to review the investigation in the coming weeks as detectives seek any new approaches, evidence or possibilities in the disappearance.
<snipped>

More

Scandi - I am sorry for your lost. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Jenno for the info. I wanted to run the date with the Hombre's astro chart to see if there were any "coincidental markers", but I saw none. Mind, I only look for exact matches, not having the astros skills.

I've often wondered this myself.

One or more of those involved in the searches have been accused (by those in other arenas) of participating in obstructionist and / or misleading tactics.

I do not believe it is about opposing the family as much as it is about a race to the reward.

Anyway....

I've not seen posts regarding this angle: which local(s) would benefit from a missing LB?

To take such risk in 'disappearing' a child, some might conclude the return-on-investment (ROI) for the perp would match the risk.

Possible ROI Reasons
  • Sexual
  • Financial (HT)
  • Runaway (LB's own ROI)
  • Accident
  • Serial Killer
  • Revenge
I'm not sure if the order is accurate as to probability, but it seems 'right' ... ?

&#8220;Far from being done&#8221;
BY JACOB JONES - The Daily World
Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:50 PM PST
Grays Harbor investigators plan to call in new experts as the family of 11-year-old Lindsey Baum prepares to spend its first Christmas without the missing girl almost six months after she vanished from a McCleary street.

Undersheriff Rick Scott announced in a news conference Tuesday that additional missing child experts are expected to review the investigation in the coming weeks as detectives seek any new approaches, evidence or possibilities in the disappearance.
<snipped>More

What about the current experts involved in the case?

I suppose
additional missing child experts are expected to review the investigation in the coming weeks
is a good twist but then again, I believe it emphasizes LE has nothing or can make nothing of the current information and / or evidence.

What tricky aspect of child abduction is LE unable to extract from the evidence et al? What might the 'additional missing child experts' bring to the table?

New Expert:
"Umm, did you look in the empty buildings?"

<local LE smacks own head>
"Damn! Why didn't we think of that!"

I'm sorry ... I'm cynical and absolutely pissed beyond reason that someone seems to have succeeded in abducting a child in such a small town without so much as anyone reporting they heard a cry for help or witnessed an unusual coaxing that evening or experienced suspicious behavior or stranger interaction in the weeks prior to the event.

Back-up to the simplest scenario:

A local sexual predator, probably not known to LE as a SO but might be known to another local, most likely abducted LB.

What information / evidence might LE have under the cuff that could lead to resolution of this case? At this point, keeping information secret seems ridiculous.

I think it's more important to release information to the public with the focus on locating LB than is keeping secrets to help prosecutors score conviction points for political gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74