WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
today marks 18 months...

We need answers.

Yes...we do need answers. How does someone, a child, just vaporize off the face of the earth??? Prayers for Lindsey....light the way baby and come home.

I used to drive through McCleary on my way to the ocean. I used to think like John Cougar Mellancamp, that I would probably die in a small town. I used to think that was life at it's best. Yep.

I expected certain attributes from a small town. Right on top was a sense of community. Looking out after each other. Having each other's back. Quality people. And in a crisis everyone came together.

I used to think I wanted to spend the rest of my life in a small town.

Not any more.

I've searched for Lindsey. Most of my fellow searchers were from places other than McCleary. Some locals cared and cared deeply but most didn't. They were more concerned with putting this terrible incident behind them. They didn't want to get involved. What an opportunity they missed. They could have been everything I hoped for in a small town. And their lack of concern was again demonstrated with the recent refusal of the Fire Dept to support the effort. Of course everyone in McCleary has heard about Lindsey. But there is at least one and maybe two or three that know what happened to her. And they so want the community to move on. So they aren't reminded by what they know or did. Shame on the Fire Dept for helping them forget. Shame on McCleary.

Mikeb, keep the faith. I live in a small town and we had a horrible tragedy with one of our families. The community drew together like no other. If precious Lindsey would have disappeared here, we would still be out there searching for her and never giving up.

I don't understand McCleary's citizens. Not one bit.

I can only offer sympathy, MikeB. I grew up in a small town like that, and you are seeing that small-town unity in action. They have closed ranks and they are protecting each other's backs. In a crisis they have all come together to protect a member of their community against the danger from outside. Unfortunately, the danger is Lindsay the outsider. They don't want her to be found because then they'd have to face the truth about the sickness in their world.

There was something like this that happened when I was growing up. A boy everybody knew was sick and twisted. Nobody ever said anything, nobody ever did anything. You'd find dogs or calves gutted and beheaded and left beside the road, then later draped on fenceposts. At a school dance, he tried to slit a girl's dress -- did slit a girl's dress open, but she screamed and ran and escaped. Nothing happened because she hadn't really been hurt.

Fortunately he died in Vietnam before he actually succeeded in raping someone, or murdering them. So he's a hero instead of a serial killer.

It all reminds me so much of this situation...

We all know so much of what has been posted concerning feelings of frustration when thinking everything Lindsey. Sadly I feel time has not been her friend in regards to closer but never the less her spirit shines bright in that town because we are still talking about her and many have vowed to never quit looking for her or answers. Life is upside down all over the world. Maybe if we payed attention & listen to the children more we as a society would be ahead of the game. The door has been opened, no going back and everything inceases in time including crimes against our children. I would say that those in town should be reminded of Lindseys friends words of, "I'll never give up" The kids in McCleary need to know this and have this shown to them by the servants voted into office there. I don't know what happened with the F.D. but my understanding is they are to live a politcal life of servitude to those in the community to the best of their ability. The famous song, "Serve Somebody" doesn't seem to be considered when it involves Lindsey! Is it the adults who want to squash Lindsey Love's story in life because I don't think with all my heart the children in the community want her memory to vanish the same way she vanished.. I bet the kids have as many questions as we do and also need help in processing this horrendous time placed on Lindsey! Feeling passionate please forgive if offended! My plea for the New Year is that this community see the value in taking this opportunity to turn things around no matter how negative and daunting it may be to some.

If we'd listen to the children, we'd hear a massive global cry of agony. Why are we doing this? How can we stop?

I didn't know that I was able to love another without ever seeing or touching , without hearing a sweet voice or laughter, not having my blood running through her veins or being a friends family member, let alone living on the other side the continent. I don't know your family or you but you are my baby too.....

Lindsey you are loved and missed by many....you are constantly on my mind and in my heart, everyday as my baby grows I ache for what you and your momma are losing...you will never be forgotten and I pray everyday for your safe return......

The Olympian includes Lindsey in their list of top 2010 stories:
Despite searches that included volunteers, the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office, the FBI and inmates from the Cedar Creek Corrections Center, no substantial clues about the whereabouts of Lindsey Baum were found in 2010.

Over the summer, the investigation ramped up in and around McCleary, with law enforcement officers re-canvassing neighborhoods and re-searching areas. In July, the Sheriff's Office and FBI searched a home and a storage facility in McCleary, seizing items belonging to someone then deemed a person of interest. No arrests have been made.

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/12/31/1490568/2010-a-year-or-pinched-coffers.html#ixzz19hXnWc7m

I used to drive through McCleary on my way to the ocean. I used to think like John Cougar Mellancamp, that I would probably die in a small town. I used to think that was life at it's best. Yep.

I expected certain attributes from a small town. Right on top was a sense of community. Looking out after each other. Having each other's back. Quality people. And in a crisis everyone came together.

I used to think I wanted to spend the rest of my life in a small town.

Not any more.

I've searched for Lindsey. Most of my fellow searchers were from places other than McCleary. Some locals cared and cared deeply but most didn't. They were more concerned with putting this terrible incident behind them. They didn't want to get involved. What an opportunity they missed. They could have been everything I hoped for in a small town. And their lack of concern was again demonstrated with the recent refusal of the Fire Dept to support the effort. Of course everyone in McCleary has heard about Lindsey. But there is at least one and maybe two or three that know what happened to her. And they so want the community to move on. So they aren't reminded by what they know or did. Shame on the Fire Dept for helping them forget. Shame on McCleary.

Thank you Mike for saying what needed to be said. Someone in that town knows what happened to Lindsey. Shame on them. And that's just IMHO. We miss you Mike. And we are forever grateful for you and your airplaine drivebys.

What a caring man you are. We love you!

Happy New Year Lindsey. I hope we bring you home this year.

Thank you Mike for saying what needed to be said. Someone in that town knows what happened to Lindsey. Shame on them. And that's just IMHO. We miss you Mike. And we are forever grateful for you and your airplaine drivebys.

What a caring man you are. We love you!

Happy New Year Lindsey. I hope we bring you home this year.

Now is the chance to get RE-INVOLVED!!! Please check the thread with the new campaign that is being launched in the search for Lindsay Baum. Thank you and god bless!

Now is the chance to get RE-INVOLVED!!! Please check the thread with the new campaign that is being launched in the search for Lindsay Baum. Thank you and god bless!

I've never been Uninvolved. I've been involved since August of 09. Thank You! We are currently working and meeting for Lindsey's Day of Hope and Awareness for 2011. It will be 2 years June 2011. Hope you can be involved in that!

Hopefully it will be like last year.....Susan Powells family will be there, Kyron's family will be there, Kimmie Dailey's family, Teekah Lewis's family, Nancy Moyer's family, Keith Anderson's family. So many missing in WA:(

A little bit of concern would be what kind of hunting is going on right now in WA? There is only Goose and Duck hunting as far as I know?

I've never been Uninvolved. I've been involved since August of 09. Thank You! We are currently working and meeting for Lindsey's Day of Hope and Awareness for 2011. It will be 2 years June 2011. Hope you can be involved in that!

Hopefully it will be like last year.....Susan Powells family will be there, Kyron's family will be there, Kimmie Dailey's family, Teekah Lewis's family, Nancy Moyer's family, Keith Anderson's family. So many missing in WA:(

A little bit of concern would be what kind of hunting is going on right now in WA? There is only Goose and Duck hunting as far as I know?

I do apologize. I am new to the website. I never meant to indicate that anyone was not involved. If it came across this way, please accept my sincerest apologies. I was speaking more on the terms of a search involvement.

The awareness day sounds wonderful and your efforts are amazing. God Bless.

If you read the flier you will see that the request is to adopt a piece of land to search.

I do apologize. I am new to the website. I never meant to indicate that anyone was not involved. If it came across this way, please accept my sincerest apologies. I was speaking more on the terms of a search involvement.

The awareness day sounds wonderful and your efforts are amazing. God Bless.

If you read the flier you will see that the request is to adopt a piece of land to search.

No need to apologize to me :) I think when I read back my post sounded how I didn't want it to :( I need to apologize. Thank You for your information and for getting involved. It's just about finding Lindsey. Nothing else. And the more who help....the better. Again...Thank You.

Grapeview, Mason County (34 miles from McCleary) :
The boy’s parent called sheriff’s deputies to report that a man offered his son and his friends money if they would get into his pickup. The pickup is described as a “newer-looking black full-size pickup with a suspension lift kit.”

The children did not report a license plate number.
source

checking in .....i seen that there are 22 guests viewing.....

hope there is some news.....we want you to come home Lindsey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288