WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was KK that make a remark that she may have moved.

Ok, I found that post.

No one I have talked to knows anything about her. So I know as much as you guys do.

WOW!!! I've been in and out all day, but I just wanted to say you sleuther's here are fantastic. I can't believe all the info I'm trying to read and catch up on.

Thanks so much and you should all take a bow :bow: And get a Standing O!!!!

Having a really hard time catching up...

...did Kara say somewhere that Lindsey didn't take her normal route home? That she took some sort of shortcut? Curious if this was Lindsey's normal route home, or if not, how did Kara know this?

Plus, going down Maple to 3rd and on up Mommset is shortest route to her home.

WOW!!! I've been in and out all day, but I just wanted to say you sleuther's here are fantastic. I can't believe all the info I'm trying to read and catch up on.

Thanks so much and you should all take a bow :bow: And get a Standing O!!!!

LOLOLOL Good to see you Breanna ;} I almost went thru withdrawal's today having to leave and go to that dumb office :rolleyes:

when i went to google and put the addresses in the first time, it originally went with a completely different route than the one straight down maple to 3rd... it actually went up 6th street to W simpson ave. Not sure why...it's a little longer of a walk/ride... anywho... if Kayla Kampen watched LB walk to the end of the block, she would have personally saw her turn either left or right on 6th....correct? that would be the "block" she was talking bout.....

I have decided to disregard statements from people like KK and Mlachester. Mlachester is not trustworthy in my opinion, too much backbiting between her and KK and then you have the issue of what Google gives you on Mlachester.
But, that leaves me with the statements of the media and LE and they contradict each other and themselves.

But I do have a few observations that I have picked up on by watching LE and listening to the media.
1. McCleary was not prepared for this. Not really slamming the town. It's small and nowhere is completely ready for these things. But it stands that they were not.
2. Where is the supercop? You know who I mean, the cop that stands in front of the camera and in a nonthreatening but firm manner speaks directly to the perp, telling him that they are closing in and that they will hunt him to the ends of the earth. Think Yuri Melich, he was super cop. In abductions of most kinds, if the FBI is involved, they will supply supercop, but not this time.
3. Some of what LE has been doing is almost like they got it off a movie. They are doing what they think they should (knocking on every door, setting up roadblocks, etc.) but nothing case specific.
4. I have never seen a case where there are so many family friends that get involved in the manner that these people do. They aren't involved by organizing searches, prepping fliers, any of that. The friends seem to be doing damage control, it's way too soon for that.

I don't know, none of us really know anything, there is simply no proof of anything except that Lindsey is not where she is supposed to be.

LOLOLOL Good to see you Breanna ;} I almost went thru withdrawal's today having to leave and go to that dumb office :rolleyes:

You too Scandi!

Oh don't I know it. Me too!!! Today was a busy day at the office. Now...everyone is gone for the 4th weekend. I didn't know you lived in Olympia too at one time!

That's my neck of the woods. Lived here my whole life.

I hate working when I'd rather be on Websleuths reading. I mean how stupid. I've got better things to do :)

Ya Ya. It's the water. Olympia Beer :)

Anyway thanks for all the info. Poor little girl. Where is Lindsey???? Makes me sick to my stomach.

Been off for most of the day, but praying that something good would happen. I will go to sleep with Lindsey in my prayers, and hope that tomorrow is a better day. I pray she is home by her 11th birthday. Thanks to all the great WS'ers who have been so dedicated to this precious girl.

All the best,

Mel

Originally Posted by TakeNote
so i dont have to go back....can someone give me the complete address for point A and B from the map?

Point A: KK's home 647 Maple Street (amandareckonwith's post)
Point B: 319 E Mommsen St (Lindsey's address

the name and address of the video store Don't know but there is a video store located here: 225 W Simpson Ave, complete speculation the store address has not been reported!the name and address of the gas station 305 South 3rd Street,

if known...the address to the neighbor who sent the brother home after the fight about the bike Haven't seen this reported yet

the spot that was reported she was last seen by the women on her way to work Haven't seen that reported although steadfast is looking for it now

the neighbor in the news who commented that they had searched his yard like six times...and he says something about a creek that runs thru it

I'll have to go back and find this one, I did see his name.

if i can get the info all on one page....that would make it better for me....if i can go and get video and pics with everything you all need.......i will be off line for a bit....its like 4:30 here....i would like to go before dark...but also be there at or close to the same time of the time frame she was last seen......

oh....and if someone/LE stops and ask's what the heck im doing....what should i say?
Hope that helps.
Bumping this very helpful post by Kat (in red) and Takenote.

Here are Google directions from friend's address to Lindsey's address. It's .6 of a mile. It shows the friend's house as being way farther west than we thought. Maybe in McCleary the house numbers aren't so much related to the block numbers. It shows 5th and Maple as being exactly half way home.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...269005&sspn=0.006535,0.01929&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

oops - guess I didn't do that right

you can find the Nancy Glass report from today on YouTube, it shows new video.

Bumping this very helpful post by Kat (in red) and Takenote.

Here are Google directions from friend's address to Lindsey's address. It's .6 of a mile. It shows the friend's house as being way farther west than we thought. Maybe in McCleary the house numbers aren't so much related to the block numbers. It shows 5th and Maple as being exactly half way home.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...269005&sspn=0.006535,0.01929&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

Google is all mixed up. That building to the south is BeeHive Assisted Living which is at 401 W Maple.
647 should be between the blocks of 6th and 7th?

Edit: I was incorrect, the area that I thought was BeeHive Assisted Living is the Waste Water treatment area. I got my directions incorrect. I forgot the addresses go from lowest on the east to highest on the west.

stead... i noticed the same thing also with the address when I used google maps. I remembered someone saying it was inbetween 5th/6th street so I just went with that lol Kinda weird...

I just googled my own address.. It's telling me I live 2 blocks away from where I do.

I wonder when my house moved. lol

Have we ever seen a concrete statement from LE in the media that Lindsey was not seen on the Shell gas station surveillance tapes? In every link I've seen so far it states they are "under review." Where did the information that she was not seen in the surveillance tapes come from? KK?

:confused:

Syttende & anyone else who wanted a link about the surveillance tapes, I finally found a working link that has this info in it. Sorry it took me so long, but I'm trying to track down a video that was asked about too! :wink: The info is on pg 2 of this article!

Search for missing girl includes aircraft, door-to-door
MCCLEARY: No leads days after 10-year-old vanished
Published June 30, 2009
<snipped>
Lindsey was wearing a gray or blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans. Investigators have reviewed surveillance video from the downtown Shell Station that Lindsey would have walked by on the way to Mommsen Road, but it turned up nothing, Scott said. Detectives are waiting for additional video surveillance from local businesses.

Article:
http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/896613.html

:angel:

Hey guys!
I think i'm FINALLY caught up from today's stuff.
I've been reading all day today, but i just now finally got caught up.

These are my questions on my mind right now and i've seen others ask the same questions.
1. WHO the heck was the person that sent her brother home cuz they were fighting? He was sent to walk w/ Lindsey to her friend's house and back for a reason most likely.....so she would NOT be walking alone!! And why in the world was she sent home alone from Kara's house?? Did she usually walk there alone? And leave alone? And if she didn't, then why did they let her leave alone this time? And also, if this person who sent her brother home knew she would now be alone, why didn't this person make sure she got to where she needed to be safely??

2. How does Kara know which path she took home that nite? Why is she saying she took a different way home? How the heck does SHE know which way she took that nite?

3. Why hasn't Kara taken a lie detector test?

4. Why haven't we heard anything else about the person that sent her brother home? Has this person been cleared or is this person a suspect?
Since this person sent her brother home, he/she knew she'd be alone on her way home....did he/she come back for her???

I have decided to disregard statements from people like KK and Mlachester. Mlachester is not trustworthy in my opinion, too much backbiting between her and KK and then you have the issue of what Google gives you on Mlachester.
But, that leaves me with the statements of the media and LE and they contradict each other and themselves.

But I do have a few observations that I have picked up on by watching LE and listening to the media.
1. McCleary was not prepared for this. Not really slamming the town. It's small and nowhere is completely ready for these things. But it stands that they were not.
2. Where is the supercop? You know who I mean, the cop that stands in front of the camera and in a nonthreatening but firm manner speaks directly to the perp, telling him that they are closing in and that they will hunt him to the ends of the earth. Think Yuri Melich, he was super cop. In abductions of most kinds, if the FBI is involved, they will supply supercop, but not this time.
3. Some of what LE has been doing is almost like they got it off a movie. They are doing what they think they should (knocking on every door, setting up roadblocks, etc.) but nothing case specific.
4. I have never seen a case where there are so many family friends that get involved in the manner that these people do. They aren't involved by organizing searches, prepping fliers, any of that. The friends seem to be doing damage control, it's way too soon for that.

I don't know, none of us really know anything, there is simply no proof of anything except that Lindsey is not where she is supposed to be.
You don't have to tell me twice to "Think Yuri!" hehehe

If Lindsey wasn't seen on the video at the gas station then there is a problem, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517