Found Deceased WA - Lucian Munguia, 4, Sarge Hubbard Park play area, last seen 7:15pm, Yakima, 10 Sept 2022

Hmm....I'm not having a lot of luck finding a MSM source of depth for Sarge Hubbard Pond, if that *is* the correct spot where the scent ended, but if it is, it seems fairly shallow quite a ways out based on these images of first responders practicing ice rescues in 2017. I will keep searching. (I know Lucian is only 4, thinking more along the lines of someone spotting him or his belongings. )

Hmm....I'm not having a lot of luck finding a MSM source of depth for Sarge Hubbard Pond, if that *is* the correct spot where the scent ended, but if it is, it seems fairly shallow quite a ways out based on these images of first responders practicing ice rescues in 2017. I will keep searching. (I know Lucian is only 4, thinking more along the lines of someone spotting him or his belongings. )

@Beekarina, See my edited posted above for additional thoughts.

@OldCop

Ah....

I'm going to go back and look at the larger map of the area and see what else is near that end.

Do we know how much time elapsed before he older brother noticed Lucian was missing? Understanding kids, especially one in this situation might not be accurate, but approximately? i.e. was it I was rolling, rolled over, giggled and gone, or a bit longer?

I've hesitated to mention this, especially since the residents at the homeless camp have assisted with the search and reportedly were all fine with being searched, but when I heard of the proximity, I wondered if someone unsavory may have been hanging around? Not a resident, but maybe someone loosely associated, or someone who had been asked to leave in the past, that sort of thing? Just a thought.

Parks also attract all kinds of people, and you just never know. The setting and playing with a sibling reminds me a bit of Dulce.

Hmm.....

I would assume they have fully searched the Yakima State Park? If they cleared Camp Hope, which is to the south, then they must have? Edited to add: there is a campground there Yakima Sportsman State Park - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go

He almost certainly would not have gone across the highway. I can absolutely see the cement company but seems he would have been found by people working there?

@OldCop

Ah....

I'm going to go back and look at the larger map of the area and see what else is near that end.

Do we know how much time elapsed before he older brother noticed Lucian was missing? Understanding kids, especially one in this situation might not be accurate, but approximately? i.e. was it I was rolling, rolled over, giggled and gone, or a bit longer?

I've hesitated to mention this, especially since the residents at the homeless camp have assisted with the search and reportedly were all fine with being searched, but when I heard of the proximity, I wondered if someone unsavory may have been hanging around? Not a resident, but maybe someone loosely associated, or someone who had been asked to leave in the past, that sort of thing? Just a thought.

Parks also attract all kinds of people, and you just never know. The setting and playing with a sibling reminds me a bit of Dulce.
That end of the park is much more barren than the busy area near the pond, playground, and picnic tables. There is a parking lot west of the playground near the maintenance facility as well as the one closer to the playground.
I drew 3 green lines heading basically southwest from the playground, one goes to the river, one goes to the pond, and one heads down the greenway. If Lucian got to the south end of pond where the outhouse type restroom is, could someone have taken him, brought him back to the parking lot area by the maintenance facility without being seen on video?
From that lot you could watch the playground, see the hill where Lucian and his brother may have been rolling down, also be able to see him wandering off alone.
Do we have any locals on this thread that could ride through the park and identify which buildings have cameras?

Attachments

• 934986C5-0EA8-464E-8E0C-E4DC3CD1C707.jpeg
    934986C5-0EA8-464E-8E0C-E4DC3CD1C707.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 27
  • F9B1B2FA-E3AF-4973-B9AE-C4718EFFDFB0.jpeg
    F9B1B2FA-E3AF-4973-B9AE-C4718EFFDFB0.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 5D5C1127-6059-4118-8EEC-B20BC7B5114D.jpeg
    5D5C1127-6059-4118-8EEC-B20BC7B5114D.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 9102C56D-BF68-4F04-83EA-FCA02D1B09B9.jpeg
    9102C56D-BF68-4F04-83EA-FCA02D1B09B9.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Is it possible that LE has some type of strong lead that doesn’t point to Lucian entering the water? And that they have possibly scaled back their search to investigate another possible scenario, based on a convincing lead?

Or am I just naïve, holding out hope that Lucian is ok because my autistic heart just can’t handle the truth?

Do we know if the family frequently went to this park? Especially if it was a routine--i.e. same time most days, did the brothers go off and play on the hill together typically?

Exploring how likely it would have been for someone to plan an abduction vs a random event after looking at OldCop's attachments? Looks to me like there are a lot of spots where a predator could scope out the play area without being noticed.

SEP 13, 2022
An electronic map in the Yakima County Sheriff’s mobile command post shows how thorough a search for a missing 4-year-old boy has been.

The map shows the area around Sarg Hubbard Park densely covered with tracks from searchers, and markers indicating volunteers and trained searchers were looking as far north as the Naches River and to Union Gap in the south for Lucian James Munguia, who was reported missing Saturday.

[...]

Lucian was last seen heading south and east across the park’s parking lot, in the direction of the river and other bodies of water.

[...]

While the initial search area concentrated around Sarg Hubbard Park, Cameron said crews have gone as far south as the area near Valley Mall Boulevard in Union Gap, where they run out of land between the river and the freeway, and were moving north to where railroad tracks cross the Naches River.

[...]

Another issue is some of the homeless people who camp along the river and the Greenway. Cameron said some of the searchers have had rocks thrown at them and been yelled at by homeless people who told them to leave or gave them false reports of hearing a child crying.

“Homeless (people) has been a big issue for this search alone,” Cameron said. “It scares (the searchers.) It makes them hesitant to go into some areas.” He said Camp Hope and the gospel mission have tried to encourage those people to come to their shelters, but they have refused.

The search teams have sorted through multiple sighting reports of Lucian that turned up fruitless.

Last edited:
Is it possible that LE has some type of strong lead that doesn’t point to Lucian entering the water? And that they have possibly scaled back their search to investigate another possible scenario, based on a convincing lead?

Or am I just naïve, holding out hope that Lucian is ok because my autistic heart just can’t handle the truth?
I actually do this to myself every time. I have come to my own thoughts that if he is in the water, there is no saving him so they are putting themselves and their time/resources into "what if he is wandering around" or worse. They can always go back to the worst case but making sure they try to cover all possibilities and this would be the last resort. I'm not saying I'm right just how my thinking goes. ALL IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back