Found Deceased WA - Lucian Munguia, 4, Sarge Hubbard Park play area, last seen 7:15pm, Yakima, 10 Sept 2022

I think he probably went way farther than they think he did. Lost kids sometimes cover a lot of ground.
And the river... Did anyone here follow the case of the woman who disappeared during a routine morning walk she frequented all the time? Her name was Carol Schulte, and she was found in the Meramec River in Missouri where her body was about to enter the HUGE Mississippi River about a week or so after she was reported missing - 30 MILES FROM HER CAR. Thirty miles! Was her body taken by the river currents that far south? Some say it couldn't happen - she'd surely have been snagged on trees and such lying in the water. But that's where they found her. If poor Lucian entered the river, it's possible he, too, could be that many miles away. Where and how does anyone begin to search in water situations like this, assuming he even entered the water??

I’ve been thinking about Lucian’s parents and how they must feel or rather maybe how they feel.

I don’t want them to think that they were bad parents or that they didn’t do enough for Lucian. Or thinking that maybe they could have done more to protect him as he is a special needs child.
Essentially I hope that they won’t be harsh on themselves for what happened. I don’t want them second guessing their parenting. They are good parents to all of their children, incredibly Lucian.
This has happened a lot to parents who didn’t have a special needs child.

It makes me sad to think that they have regrets about the situation. You know thinking that they could have done better.

mOo

Lucian case detectives get about 5 tip calls every day, YPD says​

by Alexandria Rayford
Tuesday, September 20th 2022

Again, we are continuing to follow any information that we have, if there was a kidnapping, if there was any foul play, and again, as of now, we don’t have any information or anything breaking on that side,” Inzunza said.

SEP 20, 2022
[...]

7:15 p.m.: Spokane-based volunteer recovery diver Dave Reynolds, along with divers Dan Hutchinson and Dustin Herber, have searched the waterways surrounding Sarg Hubbard Park — including Buchanan Lake — but have seen no sign of 4-year-old Lucian Munguia.

Reynolds shared video of the underwater search with KAPP-KVEW on Tuesday in order to prepare any other divers planning to help look for the little boy for any challenges they might face. He said the team was able to borrow an underwater remote-operated vehicle from Jake’s Scuba Adventures in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.

Reynolds said divers should be aware of the limited visibility in the lake, along with debris, heavy milfoil and a deep rock quarry. He doesn’t recommend people with limited diving experience try to search.

[...]

What a sad situation. My personal belief is he is likely in the river, sadly. I also want to say what an outstanding job this family has done to get the word out and to keep their baby’s face in the news/media. This has motivated so so many community members to help volunteer and has gotten people to call in. This is a major reason for the differences in cases being highlighted and those not. This family isn’t letting anything or anyone stop them. That’s what you do. I do wish no one had to go through something like this though.

SEP 20, 2022
[...]

7:15 p.m.: Spokane-based volunteer recovery diver Dave Reynolds, along with divers Dan Hutchinson and Dustin Herber, have searched the waterways surrounding Sarg Hubbard Park — including Buchanan Lake — but have seen no sign of 4-year-old Lucian Munguia.

Reynolds shared video of the underwater search with KAPP-KVEW on Tuesday in order to prepare any other divers planning to help look for the little boy for any challenges they might face. He said the team was able to borrow an underwater remote-operated vehicle from Jake’s Scuba Adventures in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.

Reynolds said divers should be aware of the limited visibility in the lake, along with debris, heavy milfoil and a deep rock quarry. He doesn’t recommend people with limited diving experience try to search.

[...]

Really good video showing what they are dealing with down there. You can barely see anything.

SEP 21, 2022

Lucian Yakima Missing Collage

[..]

According to the family, Lucian’s mother, Sandra Munguia, was at work when her husband and Lucian’s father, Juan Munguia, took their three young children to play at Sarg Hubbard Park the evening of Saturday, Sept. 10.

Juan reportedly pulled into the park, drove up the road to the upper parking lot and parked near the playground; 4-year-old Lucian and his 6-year-old brother got out of the car to play, while Juan went around to get his 2-year-old daughter out of the car.

Sandra told KAPP-KVEW at that point, her husband realized the little girl needed a diaper change and he proceeded to change the diaper in the car while his sons played close by.

However, Sandra said it wasn’t long before Juan was finished changing the diaper, walked the short distance to where the boys had been playing and didn’t see Lucian.

[...]

When asked about the last video footage.

“So, one thing we never do in law enforcement is talk about evidence and when I say the word evidence, that doesn’t mean there’s a crime, but we have to be open to the possibility that anything could happen. As I said, over and over yesterday, and I will repeat it again today, nothing leads us to believe there was any foul play in this situation, but we always have to be open for the possibility that something could happen that would change the course of our investigation, so it would be inappropriate for me to talk about specific things that we know. What I can tell you is there is video — I’m not gonna talk about where it came from or where it was — that shows Lucian leaving the park in a southeast direction by himself. I can tell you that it is true. So could something else have happened after that? Of course, I can’t tell you definitively, ‘This absolutely did happen’ or ‘This didn’t happen.’ What I can tell you is the evidence we have seen — and nothing else — leads us to, he left the park by himself. That’s what we know for a fact. What happened after that? Well, we may still have to find but we’ve had detectives scouring this entire area, looking for people with video, businesses with video, homes with video and we found some and so what I can tell you is we, again, we know things that the public doesn’t know and we can’t necessarily share them. That’s not because I don’t want to be transparent, but that’s our job and our job is also to protect the information we have and to pass along what we can and then to ask folks to give us grace to do our job and do it right. That’s the professionals we are and we have to maintain the integrity of this entire case regardless of what happens today.”

Well, we may still have to find but we’ve had detectives scouring this entire area, looking for people with video, businesses with video, homes with video and we found some and so what I can tell you is we, again, we know things that the public doesn’t know and we can’t necessarily share them.
RSBM.

So if they are saying that so far nothing has pointed them toward foul play AND they are saying they do have additional video that they aren't sharing, then I am going to assume (IMO) that he is seen alone on all video footage they have. I suppose it's possible they show him with another person, but I feel like if they did, LE would not be so quick to say "We don't see evidence of foul play right now." All just my speculation as to how I'm reading this.

SEP 20, 2022
[...]

[...]

Geez, excellent video. I don't know how they do it. My breathing would be so erratic, not to mention I swear I saw 3 sharks in that Lake. (not a big water person). This whole case is so devastating.

SEP 22, 2022
[...]

Tailgaters Bar and Grill — located at Viking Village, 110 E. 3rd Ave. — is holding a silent auction, 50/50 raffle and a bake sale Thursday with all proceeds going to Lucian’s family.

The owner, Rich Goodall, said they want to make sure the family is supported while they continue to search for the little boy. He said Lucian’s father is an employee and his coworkers felt they needed to do something to help.

“The father is a wonderful human being; he is not only a loving dad, but a loving husband. He does nothing but talk about his family,” Goodall said. “So yeah, I would say that support them any way that you possible can. They’re really good people.”

[...]

From the ‘Finding Lucian’ family Facebook page.

Sandra Munguia (Lucian’s mom) 14 min ago
The FBI is checking the pond. Like many other divers have already have. They have a check list that has to be done and thats what they are doing. We will keep you updated.

ETA: The pond they are searching is the smaller pond located at Sarg Hubbard Park. (See photo #3.)

Attachments

• 1FCEE9DF-5639-4ED9-A85D-7258360BD9C7.jpeg
    1FCEE9DF-5639-4ED9-A85D-7258360BD9C7.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 4796DA4B-3F90-4064-BACD-5FBD16F1CF49.jpeg
    4796DA4B-3F90-4064-BACD-5FBD16F1CF49.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 2BB890F2-2674-4951-B485-221FCF672F60.jpeg
    2BB890F2-2674-4951-B485-221FCF672F60.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Tailgaters Bar and Grill raised about 8,500 dollars from its bake sale and silent auction Thursday. His parents, many other family members and friends said they haven't worked since Lucian Munguia's disappearance.

[...]

"We got your back; we love you," said Goodall. "Take care of the business that you need to take care of; we're here and will be here to support you."

The fundraiser money goes toward food and search supplies for family and volunteers, said a family friend Mikayla Huckabee. She said there's been no updates in finding Lucian.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back