Found Deceased WA - Lucian Munguia, 4, Sarge Hubbard Park play area, last seen 7:15pm, Yakima, 10 Sept 2022

S
OCT 27, 2022
“We have very strong reason to believe Lucian was in the park, and then he wasn’t,” said Chief Murray.
Sorry but the guy with no credibility (Murray) is not a good source of anything factual.

Unless a fresh, unbiased look at every single piece of real, authenticated evidence is looked at from the day of disappearance forward in totality by an agency that is credible & can be trusted, this case is done.

I really hate saying that.

Even the father will need to be cleared again IMO.

I really hate saying that, too.

At this point, the word of any LE, including the existing FBI team is worthless.

There is no remedy other than starting over with officials who can be trusted.

I really believed they (sheriff & FBI) cared about Lucien until both allowed a six week lie about the "video evidence" to go unretracted. Without MSM investigating the lie, we would still be relying on it!

I can't imagine the pain of this family! I have been watching from afar but no longer. I am wondering how this child and his family could be treated with such disrespect.

MOO

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but the police chief's outright lie about the video adds him to my suspect list. What was his motive for making such a detailed, unequivocal statement? Does he have a history of telling tall tales? Is he covering for someone? Does he get a pass for misleading the public and even the parents just because he's the chief? MOO

My worries, not just about this case but any case in this area, is that if the police chief told such a blatant detailed lie about the ‘video’ what else has he lied about and just hasn’t been caught. I agree with posters above that this guy needs to recuse himself.

S

Sorry but the guy with no credibility (Murray) is not a good source of anything factual.

Unless a fresh, unbiased look at every single piece of real, authenticated evidence is looked at from the day of disappearance forward in totality by an agency that is credible & can be trusted, this case is done.

I really hate saying that.

Even the father will need to be cleared again IMO.

I really hate saying that, too.

At this point, the word of any LE, including the existing FBI team is worthless.

There is no remedy other than starting over with officials who can be trusted.

I really believed they (sheriff & FBI) cared about Lucien until both allowed a six week lie about the "video evidence" to go unretracted. Without MSM investigating the lie, we would still be relying on it!

I can't imagine the pain of this family! I have been watching from afar but no longer. I am wondering how this child and his family could be treated with such disrespect.

MOO
All of this ^^^

Disgraceful!

One of the unique things about autistic children is that they tend crawl into and hide in small places, like under bushes, etc. and not respond to the their name called by first responders. They tend to go semi-feral quickly. The area last seen should be re-searched by trained grid searchers, on hands and knees if possible. To find a child you need to look at the world from a child's level and see what might catch their attention. The can also fall down small holes in the ground like vents and wells. The worst thing that can happen is a bunch of untrained searchers go stomping all over the park, PLS and home, and destroy what evidence still exists.

One of the unique things about autistic children is that they tend crawl into and hide in small places, like under bushes, etc. and not respond to the their name called by first responders. They tend to go semi-feral quickly. The area last seen should be re-searched by trained grid searchers, on hands and knees if possible. To find a child you need to look at the world from a child's level and see what might catch their attention. The can also fall down small holes in the ground like vents and wells. The worst thing that can happen is a bunch of untrained searchers go stomping all over the park, PLS and home, and destroy what evidence still exists.
Good ideas! One major thing I see missing in some unsolved cases (Jason Landry is another example) is the lack of recreation of the scenario from the missing person's POV. Turning to traditional search methods (SAR, etc) is great but not until you have a clear idea of what the missing person experienced first.

Unfortunately, once the park reopened the opportunity for further good forensics was lost. And that happened within days of his disappearance.

Instead of focusing on lost opportunities, LE would do well to bring in a trusted 3rd party to start over with a fresh look at the knowns & unknowns, i.e., did Lucien even arrive at the park (corroboration)? Was there a birthday party in progress as reported early on? Who else was in the park? What sexual offenders were in the area?

Even if all this has been covered "well" - and I'm not convinced - the bias going in (water event) & ongoing lie about video have compromised this case horribly.

I'd like to hear the FBI speak out. They did nothing to clear up the sheriff's lie(s) AFAIK. Why? What is the status of the investigation from their perspective?

So many missed opportunities. I am very concerned about why this case got into this pitiful state. But I am more concerned that without a completely fresh look, the truth will remain elusive forever.

JMO

LE I think called off the search too early. I feel like more could have been done and of course his parents did what they thought needed to be done and found people willing to hike the trails and look. I believe the divers in the river were even a volunteer group.

I feel like nothing they say can be trusted anymore. They say they know he didn't leave from one part of the park, which I am guessing is the normal entrance/exit, but have they still looked at local cameras? How good is the 1 camera in the area? Could someone have put him in their car and then left? Could a person have walked off with him somewhere else?

October 27 video address on Facebook by Police Chief Murray, clarifying that there is no video evidence of Lucian at the park. There is no new evidence he can share. The family asked him to do the video.

'I apologize': YPD Chief on KAPP-KVEW's push for video evidence in Lucian case​

This is Police Chief Murray's interview with KAPP=KVEW, followed by a short interview with Lucian's mom.

“What I can tell you is there is video — I’m not gonna talk about where it came from or where it was — that shows Lucian leaving the park in a southeast direction by himself. I can tell you that it is true,” Murray told KAPP-KVEW on Sept. 13.

But our team learned recently from sources close to the investigation that the video didn’t exist. We requested a conversation with Yakima police about that evidence and filed a public records request to try to clear up the confusion.

However, Thursday, shortly after receiving an email notifying us our request had been denied, Murray posted a video statement on social media, saying they had determined there was no video evidence of Lucian leaving the park by himself that day.

KAPP-KVEW’s Emily Goodell contacted YPD again after the chief’s statement on social media and talked with Murray exclusively about what happened. We’ve also now learned how the confusion surrounding the video has been affecting Lucian’s family.

Snipped from the article. There is more at the link.
Oh my god.....

I'm just floored by the way this case has moved.....

Poor child and his family, just wow. :(

So he may never have been at the park at all?
I wasn't thinking along those lines. I guess we have to allow for anything to be possible, but that doesn't seem likely based on what we know.

I'm just floored an officer would say there was video of Lucian leaving the park? Why would an officer say such a thing? And it was very specific as to the direction Lucian left, and his being alone?

So he may never have been at the park at all?
Apparently the video of him leaving is non existent but that they know he was there.

He does have an older brother maybe they are using him as a witness?

But at this point unfortunately because of the LE lack of honesty we can’t assume they are right about him being there at all.

So now two months later, just forget everything you thought you knew and we start all over.
Right now I believe the parents are good people and are telling the truth. How do we prove it?

Was there a dirty diaper found at the car/park? Was there anyone else at the park during this time?
Did the father stop anywhere on the drive to the park to get gas or snacks? What about videos at stop signs or lights?

So now two months later, just forget everything you thought you knew and we start all over.
Right now I believe the parents are good people and are telling the truth. How do we prove it?

Was there a dirty diaper found at the car/park? Was there anyone else at the park during this time?
Did the father stop anywhere on the drive to the park to get gas or snacks? What about videos at stop signs or lights?
I feel like the public does not have enough information. Supposedly there was a party at the park that day, they were asking them to come forward and share pictures/videos. But I have not read that any have been brought to the public eye. But was the party seen by parents? Other people? The only thing that multiple witnesses confirmed the day of and after was the unhoused population in that area is large, so maybe one of them was a witness?

The approved fb page (that’s been linked several times up thread) of “Finding Lucian” has a photo of him without hair. This is the request for it on the finding Lucian fb page ran by family.

NOV 7, 2022
[...]

Munguia said one private investigator has agreed to take it on, but the search may be expensive, as they don’t know how long it might take and such investigators are often paid by the hour.

“As long as it takes to get him home, we’re not going to stop,” Munguia said.

To help raise money to support funding a private investigator and continued search costs, Tailgater’s Bar & Grill in Selah held a bake sale Monday night, with food donated by supportive community members throughout the Yakima Valley.

[...]

The approved fb page (that’s been linked several times up thread) of “Finding Lucian” has a photo of him without hair. This is the request for it on the finding Lucian fb page ran by family.

We should be able to copy the image here since it is on the approved page.This is my understanding from other cases. If it is not ok, I apologize in advance. He looks much different with short hair.

I will attach below. From the approved Facebook page: Log in or sign up to view313913831_615393780337339_3931539940965206655_n.jpg

Attachments

• 313913831_615393780337339_3931539940965206655_n.jpg
    313913831_615393780337339_3931539940965206655_n.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 3
NOV 10, 2022
[...]

... It was on Sept. 10 that Juan Munguia took his three children, 4-year-old Lucian and his two siblings, to play at local Sarg Hubbard Park in the Yakima area. Moments after they arrived, Juan realized that he needed to change his youngest child’s diaper, so he quickly went back to the car, which was just a short step away from the play area. While he did so, Lucian and his 6-year-old brother played on the toys close by.

Juan says after looking down for just a moment to quickly change his daughter’s diaper in the trunk of the car, he walked the short distance back to where the boys had been playing and he didn’t see Lucian anywhere.

“It only took me one minute to change her,” Juan said. “And in that one minute, Lucian was gone.”

[...]

For Juan, he begins his search every morning, walking around the park, wading through the bodies of water and talking with locals to see if they have any information on his son. Both he and Sandra have been cleared by the police and investigators say that there is no evidence of foul play in Lucian’s disappearance.

However, his family is worried that since Lucian hasn’t been found despite the numerous searches around the park and in surrounding bodies of water, that maybe someone else played a role in his disappearance and fear that he may have been abducted from the park on Sept. 10.

[...]

One of Lucian’s passions was found in the ocean, a love for sea life and anything involving water. According to his parents, Lucian can name 50-100 different kinds of sea animals. His mother, Sandra, laughed when telling NCMEC that he’ll quickly correct a movie or tv show when it doesn’t accurately depict the type of animal.

“To him, it’s not Nemo; it’s a clownfish. It’s not Dory; it’s a blue tang,” Sandra said.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back