WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

You know Puf, your original thought may be correct. JL may be just a creepy guy on the fringe...he just got his business license at end of summer...maybe just an opportunist to drum up business.

He does seem very aggressive to find work...but his photostyle and approach needs some definite re-adjustment.

Gotta take a bath...I feel dirty.

Reading through JL's facebook page....he states that anyone under 18 who wants a shoot requires "verbal" parental permission. VERBAL?? Um, ANYONE could call him up saying they were so and so's parents and they give their permission. That seems pretty weird to me...he's so adament about the parental permission, but if you ask me it should be in writing and having met parents in person. This guys is creeping me out more and more with every bit of info I read. I'm not sure if he could be a POI, but he sure isn't looking like the upstanding citizen he'd like to make himself out to be.

Hello everyone, I just got back from a trip to visit my old hometown. I was able to confirm some RUMORS although they still remain RUMOR only.

*JF did indeed have his hair cut by a friend of mine on the day of MC's disappearance. She was brought a receipt to identify from that day by LE. This receipt was supposedly found in the CB house.

*JF DOES have ties to both pitcher canyon and CB. There is also a LARGE and probably not untrue rumor that he and MC had some sort of relationship beyond step-father and daughter.

*There WAS blood found in the CB house. Although it has not been named the scene of the murder, something DID happen inside.

*There was a GREY bag on her head, this was confirmed to me by someone who actually saw her body.

*MC was into drugs and did date "the mexican gang members", she apparently really LIVED with neither of her parents, but with JV who she had broken up with recently. (confirmed by three different sources)

and this is PURE speculation by my grandmother's sharp eye. During a news interview they showed LE bringing the body bag up... it appears that the body inside is curled up in a fetal position. My first thought was self defense, my grandmother said it reminds her of when she saw a dead body pulled out of a trunk after rigor had set in.

Oh and RUMOR AND SPECULATION.

Glad to be back. :woohoo:

I am going to add guesses/speculation to some of the above comments.

I think Killer put the bag on MC's head, prior to dragging the body to the bushes, so he wouldn't have to look at her. I wonder if this gray bag is a special type of bag that only certain professions might use for their work, on the job?

If the body reminded someone, of another body, that was curled up and rigor had set in...could that suggest MC's death occurred several days prior to the body being discovered? And, also suggest it was held in a small hiding area?

Reading through JL's facebook page....he states that anyone under 18 who wants a shoot requires "verbal" parental permission. VERBAL?? Um, ANYONE could call him up saying they were so and so's parents and they give their permission. That seems pretty weird to me...he's so adament about the parental permission, but if you ask me it should be in writing and having met parents in person. This guys is creeping me out more and more with every bit of info I read. I'm not sure if he could be a POI, but he sure isn't looking like the upstanding citizen he'd like to make himself out to be.

Yeah, verbal? I may be wrong but doesn't a parent or guardian have to be present during a photo shoot? Sounds like he is setting up for some alone time with the child...I used to be in Boy Scouts and we were required to follow "two deep philosophy". That is, two adults present with children at all times. If we did not have two, we did not meet.

respectfully snipped-
As for the 'grey' bag. One of the sleuthers here admitted to having left a 'black' bag (intended for carrying ducks) on the CB property on a duck hunting day in Nov. 2009. Depending on material and environmental conditions, a 'black' bag certainly could fade to 'grey'.

Sorry, not to :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead but the people who found her said it was black, like a hefty bag.

Verbal??? Written permission should be included, too.

I don't think this guy is a POI. But I think if I had an aspiring model daughter, I would not allow her to pose for these type pictures, and most certainly would not allow her to go alone with the photographer...any photographer, not just this guy...but any one!

The above is my smart, protective opinion.

respectfully snipped-
As for the 'grey' bag. One of the sleuthers here admitted to having left a 'black' bag (intended for carrying ducks) on the CB property on a duck hunting day in Nov. 2009. Depending on material and environmental conditions, a 'black' bag certainly could fade to 'grey'.

Sorry, not to :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead but the people who found her said it was black, like a hefty bag.

Ok..like a hefty garbage bag? Wonder if the bag was thick or thin? I am asking because I am trying to figure out where Killer might have gotten the bag, and if he uses this type bag often, and for what?

Ok..like a hefty garbage bag? Wonder if the bag was thick or thin? I am asking because I am trying to figure out where Killer might have gotten the bag, and if he uses this type bag often, and for what?

I am curious too, but not sure. That was the description given to me.
Also, that her legs in the water were floating/bobbing. No indication of the fetal position, sounded pretty "laid out."

It turns my stomach to even try to describe it let alone imagine it. Bless her heart.

He was on her friend's list on FB, and then removed himself from her friend list right after she was killed.

And he's been ever present since this case broke in the news, involved in everything from the vigil, to the memorial, to this dance.

He's edging in with all of her friends.

Here are paraphrased posts that he made in the comments section of H**** Ras******'s myspace:

FEB 25: Hey, I'm broken-hearted to read your statuses about Mackenzie. Even though were not acquainted, I don't want you to think I'm a creep or anything. I made a basket for you and for Mackenzie's family, and me and my models would like to help out with the reward fund. I don't mean to pester you. You are a very strong person and such an inspiration. Even though I only knew her through myspace, I cried my eyes out today. Here's my cell phone number. I'd love to chat with you and if I can do anything let me know.

MAR 1 I know how this feels, because I lost a friend years ago, and I want to give you any support you might need. IF I could give it to you and the family. Alot of my models want to do something as a group with my business--I do model photography with a lot of local people. Your strength inspires me; Mackenzie was lucky to have you.

MAR 3: I hope I'm not pestering you with my comments. My sister helped me put the baskets together. I work til 4 tomorrow, and I live by Walgreens if you want to meet.

AND THEN (!!)

MAR 5: Are you excited for the photos?

March 10: I am SOOOOOOO sorry. :-/ I feel sooo bad.

Yes, he did a photo session with her. Yes, she's in the water in the photos. UGH this guy is sickening. Just look how he works her in the above comments on her myspace.

Are these messages to a friend of MC? It's so obvious he's working her (hope she can tell) & who do you mean above (in bold by me) here..This myspace person? :waitasec:

eta.."models", "models", "models".."me & my models"..Puleeze! He's such a TOOL! Ugh!

Are these messages to a friend of MC? It's so obvious he's working her (hope she can tell) & who do you mean above (in bold by me) here..This myspace person? :waitasec:

eta.."models", "models", "models".."me & my models"..Puleeze! He's such a TOOL! Ugh!

He 'worked' another potential 'model' in Jan / Feb on her MySpace page for a few days but than suddenly stopped on Feb 2 ... just after another male (presumably one of her friends) began messaging her the same day 43 minutes after JL's last message.

All previous messages on the girl's MySpace page were from females, except for JL's .. then when the other male began messaging, JL completely stopped. Certainly odd.

"we believe that where the body was found is the crime scene"

In the house or on the beach or both??
If in the house, good question, was it forced entry??
If not, wouldn't a real estate agent have access??
Can't they trace a real estate agent when they tour a vacant home??

C'mon LE help us sleuthers HELP YOU!! Give us some more info!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSm-6rPAIb4

"we believe that where the body was found is the crime scene"

True, and in a WW article dated Feb. 22 that IIRC comes after the above quote (which I believe was Feb. 15 or 16, right after they discovered the body), LE is quoted as saying, “But we still don’t know where she was killed,” Smith said. “So we may have another crime scene at some point.”

In a week or so of finding the body, LE seemed to be become less sure of where MC was actually killed.

So, on Feb, 15 or 16 LE said "we believe that where the body was found is the crime scene" (per the YouTube video),
and a week later they said “But we still don’t know where she was killed,” Smith said. “So we may have another crime scene at some point.”

ETA - And just to be more confusing, I just watched a KXLY report from Feb. 17 on YouTube where LE said "we don't know where she was killed." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BZ_e-tOHlo

True, and in a WW article dated Feb. 22 that IIRC comes after the above quote (which I believe was Feb. 15 or 16, right after they discovered the body), LE is quoted as saying, “But we still don’t know where she was killed,” Smith said. “So we may have another crime scene at some point.”

In a week or so of finding the body, LE seemed to be become less sure of where MC was actually killed.

So, on Feb, 15 or 16 LE said "we believe that where the body was found is the crime scene" (per the YouTube video),
and a week later they said “But we still don’t know where she was killed,” Smith said. “So we may have another crime scene at some point.”

There was also another video that I just found today... can't remember which one but it stated that evidence of homicide was found inside the CB house and around the area she was found on the beach. I find it hard to believe that they would find evidence of homicide where there was not one, and you would think evidence of homicide would be exactly that and easy to spot, not something you come back later and say you made a mistake on. LE is sending lots of mixed messages....

here's a couple more videos I saved the links on for one reason or another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09vVvSgO8jk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK9eZDVFdvM

My Granddaughter has took some pictures with JL. But before he would even take the pictures he met with her mother and asked for permisson. Her mother went to all the photo shoots and he did not do anything inappropriate
All the models choose what they want to wear out of their own clothes. JL Never had my Granddaughter take provocative pictures. I assume if there are girls who have pictures like is cause they wanted them like that.

Yes. To MC's fellow apple-ette and close friend.

My Granddaughter has took some pictures with JL. But before he would even take the pictures he met with her mother and asked for permisson. Her mother went to all the photo shoots and he did not do anything inappropriate
All the models choose what they want to wear out of their own clothes. JL Never had my Granddaughter take provocative pictures. I assume if there are girls who have pictures like is cause they wanted them like that.

I assume that the girls who are photographed in the sexualized poses didn't have parents present.

I also assume that he poses the models(especially the ones without parents present), since almost all of them are posed so similarly.

There was also another video that I just found today... can't remember which one but it stated that evidence of homicide was found inside the CB house and around the area she was found on the beach. I find it hard to believe that they would find evidence of homicide where there was not one, and you would think evidence of homicide would be exactly that and easy to spot, not something you come back later and say you made a mistake on. LE is sending lots of mixed messages....

S&BBM

Indeed, the mixed messages and inconsistencies from one news report to another over the weeks has made it difficult to know what's what.

03-04-2010, 04:46 PM
wazzucoug2
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2010

I am new to this site due to registration difficulties (apparently you cannot register with a hotmail address) anyways! I have been actively following this case even though I never knew Mackenzie. I live in East Wenatchee and from day one I was curious as to the nature of this tragic event.

I live in Pullman while I am attending school but live in EW on breaks.

I have been very curious as to why JL has been brought into this thread. I realize all posts have their own opinion and I am willing to listen to all of them!

My little sister who is 16 was photographed by JL. She was contacted through a friend that had modeled for JL. My mom was skeptical and he allowed my mom, and my other little sister to tag along for the photo shoots. Being the protective brother that I am, I questioned my mom and my sister if this guy was a creep. I added him on FB and checked him out but both my mom, and both my little sisters said he was a really good guy and was only trying to get a portfolio together in order to start a photography business. He was not only targeting young girls, as I have seen on his facebook he has taken family photos and also asks people if they would like wedding pictures, ect.

I also had a friend from highschool model for JL and she had nothing but good things to say to him. I hope this helps in the speculation of JL's involvement in tne MC investigation.

Seeing that my mother, and both of my little sisters, along with a good friend from highschool have all met and been around JL, I completely disagree with the speculation of JLs involvement. On the other hand, I completely realize why that speculation would arise! Sleuthing seems cool!

I like this site! Hey everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member