WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting to hear this side of the spectrum. From the get go, this is what was RUMORED to be what she was doing. Again, as I said before, by all accounts she was a wonderful charming girl. However, only she really knows what was going on. I found it interesting with your take on the exact areas mentioned, and then to expand to the car wash. Very interesting. Maybe clears up a bit of this time frame. Could add in one of the R brothers (who seem to know their drugs fairly well) and may have been a passenger in the car wash. Also adds to the fact that whatever she was doing was quiet and remember, her aunt did state that "she was leaving beauty school and meeting someone outside..." Are we back to a drug deal gone bad theory... AAAHHHGGGGRRRRRR!!

Unless Mackenzie was into RX pills or meth (which I don't believe she was) I don't think this is a drug deal. Our town has a HUGE problem with RX meds and a large meth problem that generates crime, but mainly the only crime associated with marijuana is someone getting caught with their personal stash. When peoples homes have been broken in here for drugs it is always for something bigger than marijuana. I just can't see this being a drug crime.

It was never addressed yesterday after I referenced this article. I did mean Orondo St. in my post, but forgot the St. part. I am amazed that no one is wondering about it saying that she was at 5th St. Riverfront Park and Orondo St. Riverfront Park (both in Wenatchee). I am going to assume it was a typo and she was just at Riverfront Park at the end of Orondo St. in Wenatchee.

I am very confused by this. The park at Fifth street makes more sense, but there is no boat launch there.

This was just part of the ramblings last night trying to figure out which car wash she might have been eye-witnessed at with a male passenger. If you would continue reading the thread you will find it was later turned into a confirmed rumor of being the car wash by Dusty's Burgers in North Wenatchee, only exit being north on Wen. Ave. Although there is also a right turn not far that would take you back towards Lowe's and then downtown.

On another note: I'm not sure Lowe's has anything to do with her travels that last day in town. I believe the only semi-substantiated rumors about Lowes included a friend of MC being questioned by investigators about phone calls to Lowes in the previous weeks, NOT the day of her disappearance.

I do not believe Lowes has anything to do with her travels that particular day, however I know that the FBI was there for at least one specific reason and the specific one I know was not about an employee or former employee.

I 'thought' (doesn't mean I thought right) that Mackenzie had been staying at her dad's at the time she went missing. Anyone know for sure?

It was in one of the WW articles that RC was worried because MAC was out past her curfew, that would indicate that she was living with him.

No, thank YOU for doing the timeline! :)

I 'thought' (doesn't mean I thought right) that Mackenzie had been staying at her dad's at the time she went missing. Anyone know for sure?

It could be done in the manner the groom carries his bride over the threshhold, no?

Definitely confusing unless it was purely unintentional; and it's as simple as where she was 'placed', just so happened that her feet went into the water.

I think you are right about her staying with Dad. I'm still hung up on the feet in the water thing, though. I think that placing her like that was intentional, possibly to dispose of evidence on her feet.

Just to clarify, the sighting at the car wash has not been confirmed, right? As far as I have read, that is just hearsay ... so far.

I think you are right about her staying with Dad. I'm still hung up on the feet in the water thing, though. I think that placing her like that was intentional, possibly to dispose of evidence on her feet.

Maybe originally her feet weren't placed in the water and the water levels had risen. This is thinking that she was placed on the edge of the river and not the pond.

ChelanCountyMom.........are you thinking the 3:40 text was a connection vs. a conversation?

Just to clarify, the sighting at the car wash has not been confirmed, right? As far as I have read, that is just hearsay ... so far.

Just hearsay. Repeated over and over until it becomes fact. I just hate to see the drug thing become fact, because, like most other stuff in this thread, it's based on unsourced hearsay.

I found that she attended Cashmere when she lived at Eaglerock. Do we know when and why she decided to go to Wenatchee?

ChelanCountyMom.........are you thinking the 3:40 text was a connection vs. a conversation?

No, I think was just a text from her bf and she answered back. It helped the police track down a location, but it was only that.

Just hearsay. Repeated over and over until it becomes fact. I just hate to see the drug thing become fact, because, like most other stuff in this thread, it's based on unsourced hearsay.

Me too, pufnstuf!

I was thinking about her car being up at PC. I wonder if there was any damage to it at all? If it had broken down? I recall a killer that was here in Ontario in the 80's, who would slash women's tires or unplug things under their hood while they were stopped at a store / service centre. Then, they'd follow them down the road until their car broke down and offer to help, then abduct them. I have to ask my Mom the name, I am at a loss right now (and she's sleeping LOL) .. but that could have happened to MC. Then they could have brought her to CB .. even tried an assault in their car first ... with her getting killed accidentally.

It's late .. just thinking out loud :waitasec:

The sighting of MC at the carwash was more than hearsay because LE talked to the person who saw her.

I don't think drugs are behind all of this. It has nothing to do with the murder, but she may have liked mj every once in awhile. She may have been at the dock to get some. It just helped place her where-abouts.

Who knows .... you may end up being absolutely right, as it does make sense if there were any kind of evidence on her boots.

On another note ....
KHQ just did an update on Mackenzie's murder at the very top of the hour. Said LE are investigating a number of tips; mentioned the amount of the increased reward and asked people to call if they had any tips.

Just a thought .. sometimes a text like "hey" can be code in case someone could be reading it ... I know I had a friend online who had a nosy roommate, and I would say a code word when I saw them online, and they would respond their word .. just to make sure it was them and not their roommate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TinaByrd#50