WA WA - Margaret Peters, 41, Seattle, 1962

From Doe Network Case File 1264DFWA:

MPeters.jpg

Margaret Peters
Missing since 1962 from Seattle, King County, Washington.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: August 31, 1921
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 41 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"-5'5"; 110 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark brown hair; brown eyes. Peters has tan/olive complexion.
    • Medical Conditions: Alcoholic
    • AKA: Peggy
Circumstances of Disappearance

Peters was last seen by her daughter in the Seattle area during the Spring/Summer of 1962.

When Christmas rolled around and she was not heard from, her children knew something must have happened to her. No matter where she went, she always called them at Christmas time.

Peters was an extreme alcoholic, and was dating a man in the Ballard area of Seattle when she was last heard from in 1962. The possibility exists that she may have returned to Nevada, where she lived from 1958-1961, however no one there associated with her at the time recalled seeing her. She has not been seen again.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact The Doe Network

From Doe Network Case File 1264DFWA:

MPeters.jpg

Margaret Peters

Vital Statistics
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark brown hair; brown eyes. Peters has tan/olive complexion.

Peters was last seen by her daughter in the Seattle area during the Spring/Summer of 1962.

When Christmas rolled around and she was not heard from, her children knew something must have happened to her. No matter where she went, she always called them at Christmas time.

Peters was an extreme alcoholic, and was dating a man in the Ballard area of Seattle when she was last heard from in 1962. The possibility exists that she may have returned to Nevada, where she lived from 1958-1961, however no one there associated with her at the time recalled seeing her. She has not been seen again.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact The Doe Network
Her doe page hasn’t been updated in a long time. LE is now investigating her disappearance

The Doe Network: Case File 1264DFWA

Margaret Peters
Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: August 31, 1921
Age at Time of Disappearance: 41 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"-5'5"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female.
Dark brown hair;
brown eyes.
Peters has tan/olive skin.
Medical Conditions: Alcoholic
AKA: Peggy

Peters was last seen by her daughter in the Seattle area during the Spring/Summer of 1962. When Christmas rolled around and she was not heard from, her children knew something must've happened to her. No matter where she went, she always called them at Christmas time.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
The Doe Network
mailto:doenetadminteam@gmail.com

Source Information:
The Doe Network
http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightU ... topic=8842

Okay, I did some research and found a Margaret Peters that married in Washington State. I used that married surname and did more research. Without having that surname listed in the information posted here, I am not sure if I have the correct person but - please bear with me here lol - in case I do have the correct person, I want to mention it here.
I found a Margaret with that same married surname that died in California in 1963. I found the death certificate and it has very little information as most is "unknown". It has a different middle name/initial but that could be for any number of reasons. So, I looked at the cause of death - "Terminal Brochopneumonia due to Fatty Cirrhosis, Liver"
There is a note about "Jane Doe" along the side of it. So, I am forwarding the info to Doe Network and hopefully, they can look into it. It also says she was cremated so hopefully, the M.E. or someone took photo? I don't know what they did back then. It may be nothing but with the unknown information on the death certificate and cause of death, I think it should be looked into.

Sounds like a promising lead. The closest I could find to someone fitting the general description and the bit about liver cirrhosis was an unidentified woman found in Mount Victoria, Charles County Maryland in January 1965. In that case, much of the original information had become lost and the Sheriff Office was unaware of the case.

MPeters.jpg

Margaret Peters

Vital Statistics

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

LINK:

The Doe Network: Case File 1264DFWA

Accepting 1962 as the year she went missing, Margaret Peters has been missing for 62 years. She would be about 103 years old today if still living.

It is very probable that she died as a Jane Doe somewhere. Hopefully her family has registered their DNA to compare with any potential unidentified cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back