Deceased/Not Found WA - Rachael Anderson, 40, Clarkston, 16 April 2010 - #5 *C. Capone guilty*

I have ZERO idea what the defense is. I can't read the Tribune's subscription based stuff and the news reports are sparse and pathetic. I guess I'll find out today during closing arguments? I did watch Jodi Arias testify some during her trial and yes, that was a dog and pony show - but at least if Capone took the stand, we'd understand why he thinks he should not be convicted??! Just because Stone didn't offer up the info right away that he was at Capone's shop does not mean anything. I have no clue what the Dynamart employee seeing the Yukon has to do with anything. Why would Stone make up a story about seeing his "friend" murder his wife? It's not like Capone did anything to him that he wanted to get back at him for. I am ALL kinds of confused. I read something about "Defense says Capone wasn't capable" -- but where did they get that? Anyone want to shed any light for me?:gaah:

I have ZERO idea what the defense is. I can't read the Tribune's subscription based stuff and the news reports are sparse and pathetic. I guess I'll find out today during closing arguments? I did watch Jodi Arias testify some during her trial and yes, that was a dog and pony show - but at least if Capone took the stand, we'd understand why he thinks he should not be convicted??! Just because Stone didn't offer up the info right away that he was at Capone's shop does not mean anything. I have no clue what the Dynamart employee seeing the Yukon has to do with anything. Why would Stone make up a story about seeing his "friend" murder his wife? It's not like Capone did anything to him that he wanted to get back at him for. I am ALL kinds of confused. I read something about "Defense says Capone wasn't capable" -- but where did they get that? Anyone want to shed any light for me?:gaah:

We all know he sure as heck WAS capable! Not only previously strangled Rachael, but didn't he also strangle another woman several years earlier? Charged, prosecuted and found guilty as well (Felony Assault and Felony Burglary -- guilty and guilty, Latah County 1997). Sucks that they can't bring in his violent past against women.

Prayers for a jury with the ability to reason and justice for Rachael!

Is it just me tearing hair out with constant reference to "Capone's truck"????

Seriously, are they referring to Mr. B's Yukon or is there yet another vehicle involved in trips to/from Lewiston that would mean Mr. B's SUV, Stone's SUV and Capone's truck and thus a 3rd person to jockey vehicles?

IF they are referring to the Yukon and the tranny was bad and might not make it up the Lewiston grade, then how did Rachael manage to get from Moscow to Lewiston when she borrowed it, and then back up to Moscow in it without issue? and where was it suggested that once it was dropped at DynaMart that it ever came back up that grade? Not including of course when LE hauled it away on a flat bed.

Confusing indeed. Hopefully the jurors have enough info to make sense of this. If defense is actually calling it Capone's truck, then I hope jurors get that he's really reaching and doesn't have HIS facts straight. Or is this media misinterpretation of the Yukon yet again? In the early days, they referred to it as Rachael's.

from the live blog, which I copied and pasted into correct time order to make it easier to follow.

http://lmtribune.com/blogs/article_1c9d8f3a-3db8-11e4-b503-001a4bcf6878.html

12:09 p.m. The image of the truck on the video surveillance camera from the Dyna Mart shows that it is not Capone's truck, Monson says. Capone's truck has a distinct black stripe on the side of it, but Monson says the image on the video is clear that there is no black stripe on the truck.

12:11 p.m. Monson says there's no reason to doubt that there was a truck, but it's not the same truck - it can't be because the timeline doesn't match up.

12:11 p.m. When Capone and Stone went to Lewiston, Stone testified that they left their phones in the shop. Monson says Capone's cellphone sent Anderson a text at 9:27 p.m. sent from the tower by his shop. He says there's no way Capone was back in the shop six minutes later - Capone wouldn't even be back up the grade in that time.

12:16 p.m. Stone doesn't have a plausible reason for how the Yukon was moved or why, Monson says. He doesn't point the finger at Capone or provide a better response than, "I don't know" after being able to go over 6,000 pages of discovery.

12:18 p.m. Monson says the jurors also heard testimony that the transmission in Capone's truck was in need of repair. He asserts that there is no way to know if the truck would be able to make it up and down the Lewiston Grade.

And now we wait. Hopefully at least KLEW and KREM can put up a breaking news alert on their web sites when the jury comes back for those of us who don't tweet or get phone alerts.

1:36 p.m. Court is in recess until the jury reaches a verdict.

Possibly the understatement of closing arguments (BBM):

1:23 p.m. "And we aren't going to represent to you that David Stone is the brightest star," Thompson says.

Jury done for the day and back at it 9am tomorrow.

Kerri Sandaine ‏@newsfromkerri 47m
Just leaving Moscow. Jury done deliberating for the evening at #CaponeTrial .They will resume at 9 AM tomorrow

Dylan Wohlenhaus ‏@DylanWohlenhaus 59m
#CaponeTrial jury is sent home for the night. No verdict. 1 of 3 decisions to be made: 1st or 2nd degree murder G/G or NG to both.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/caponetrial?f=realtime&src=hash

Hoping for the best. CE is really strong in this case. The thing that makes it or breaks it is whether the jury dislikes Stone enough to cloud the CE.

VERDICT IS IN.

Dylan Wohlenhaus ‏@DylanWohlenhaus 1m
JUST IN: The jury has a decision in the #CaponeTrial We will hear their verdict in just minutes. @KHQLocalNews

Dylan Wohlenhaus ‏@DylanWohlenhaus · 52s
Many members of Anderson's family & law enforcement who have worked on this case for 4.5 years anxiously awaiting verdict. #CaponeTrial

KREM 2 NEWS ‏@krem2 · 2m
Decision expected in 15 minutes in Moscow, Idaho. RT @KREM2Hayley Breaking: verdict reached in #CaponeTrial

Kerri Sandaine ‏@newsfromkerri · 37s
Latah Co. District Court packed with cops, media, family of #RachaelAnderson. Capone has not arrived yet. #CaponeTrial #verdictisin

KHQ Local News ‏@KHQLocalNews · 2m
WATCH LIVE: Verdict in Capone Trial

#WatchKHQ #CaponeTrial

CLICK HERE: http://bit.ly/Xixfkk pic.twitter.com/dK310XBmQP

yes, yes yes!! Justice for Rachael finally!!

Guilty, guilty and guilty!!! Rot in jail you worthless .

Anyone know what this question is they'll be deliberating over?

2:22 p.m. David Stone's former wife, Alisa Anderson, and his attorney, Brandie Rouse, are present in the back of the courtroom.

2:21 p.m. Jurors are back.

2:20 p.m. Kerrick says he has reviewed the court's proposed instructions with them. Vowels says no objection, but withdrawing one of the points. No objection from defense.

2:20 p.m. Kerrick is back. Thompson, Vowels and Besst also present.

2:19 p.m. Capone and his attorneys have returned to the courtroom.

2:10 p.m. Anderson's family audibly relieved by the verdict.

http://lmtribune.com/blogs/article_2ce257e4-3e81-11e4-9514-001a4bcf6878.html

2:27 p.m. Vowels showing the jurors Capone's driver's license, noting his full name and date of birth. She's also showing them certified judgements of conviction for Capone.

2:27 p.m. Barker has no evidence to present.

2:26 p.m. Vowels now presenting evidence on the past felonies.

2:25 p.m. The jurors now need to complete a special verdict form to address whether Capone has been previously convicted of at least two felonies.

2:23 p.m. Kerrick says the state alleges that Capone has been convicted on attempted armed robbery and theft in May 1987; bank larceny in November 1987; aggravated assault and burglary in February 1998; felony possession of a firearm in 2010.

http://lmtribune.com/blogs/article_2ce257e4-3e81-11e4-9514-001a4bcf6878.html

Anyone know what this question is they'll be deliberating over?

Well since death penalty I don't think was ever on the table, they probably don't get to choose if there can be a public execution or not. Totally unaware if juries have any say in the penalty phase in Idaho, but whatever it is sounded pretty official.

Did anybody catch how many women vs men on the jury when polled? Multitasking, I didn't pay enough attention when they were polled, but sounded like heavily weighted towards females.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donwhoolery
Back