WA WA - Reuben Lewis, 20, Everett, 21 Feb 1991

I knew Ben (RML) before and at the time of his disappearance. He was not gay/ but had his own eclectic style- he was very good looking with his eyes & curly hair. One day he was just gone. He spent nights at my home- dates my best friend/roommate & introduced me to sound garden- he was a gem- I only knew of him dealing weed - but as much as he was fun to hang out with he didn’t boast to us girls bout how he made his money - he drove the cloud car till it broke down- he painted it light blue & white that looked similar to clouds- every few years I search to see if anything has ever been found out -Bc how does someone just disappear without any trace at all for 30 years- ❤️ Ben (Jarvis) where ever you may be - j
Thank you for joining this forum/thread. I hope Ben can be found. I agree that it seems obvious he met with foul play there at Complex C. But where on earth did he end up?

It’s just so strange - and yea where did he end up!?!! Not a trace nothing - no items left behind no DNA- I think I want to call & talk to the investigators- it’s so sad!

QUOTE="MadMcGoo, post: 16925532, member: 233282"]Thank you for joining this forum/thread. I hope Ben can be found. I agree that it seems obvious he met with foul play there at Complex C. But where on earth did he end up?[/QUOTE]

What message board?

Well, the plot thickens. Just when I thought I wouldn't find anything on the net about Reuben other than what is on missing persons' sites, I find this posted on a message board:

Subject: reuben micah lewis
Date: 2/8/04
Message: "We are safe, Reuben. You did not do us wrong. We love you."

Glad to see Reuben has a thread here. South everett was/is full of drugs and is sketchy AF. What REALLY surprises me is the lack of rumors, this type of disappearance is usually rife with them. And maybe I'm wrong, but didn't phone numbers appear on pager bills? Keep up the good work!

Unfortunately, when you sell drugs or pimp or do some illegal job, it is very likely that you will die or disappear quickly... some are attracted to what is illegal regardless of the consequences it entails...
either way
rest in peace

Are LE and family relying on the testimony of the individual who drove Ben to the apartment complex? Have other people supported the testimony of the individual who was with Ben that evening?
There are definitely a few details missing.
I wonder if they have enough info to believe (or know) he's dead, and are just waiting for his body to be found.
So, no need to share any more than they already have.

Did complex C, or any at Mallard for that matter, have an incinerator?

And what was the medical ID bracelet for? This certainly sounds like foul play, but I'm curious if he was epileptic, had severe asthma was diabetic or had a heart condition? If you have a dead or dying drug dealer in your living room, you now have several problems.

Regarding the 40 minute wait. That's not unusual if there is a reception area in the apt building. Unlike a street deal, a quick visit triggers suspicion, esp in a hot zone where there is a lot of coming and going by nonresidents, so whoever he was going to see probably had a time 'policy.' Not being familiar with Everett, is it the type of place with police units patrolling housing parking lots, or ghetto birds making rounds?

Earlier it said he was a "small time" dealer, and I would agree with that. A "big time" drug dealer isn't going to an apt by beck and call via pager, an associate is going. For 2 grand in '91, if he did go himself, he likely not only knew the occupant, but had been to the building. If he didn't and was checking out a new supplier, he wouldn't go by himself. Which makes me wonder if the driver actually did stay in the car. If that driver saw or heard something, the police might keep it to themselves as it's still an open case and their goal would be to take down a bigger operation 1st and find Ben 2nd. Did Ben have firearms, registered of not? And were they accounted for? If one (or more) is missing, he was a) bringing a weapon that could be used against him and b) dealing with someone who he felt was dangerous enough to warrant bringing it.

Most (successful) dealers are not doing drugs themselves, but less experienced might, and that's a recipe for disaster in several ways. If Ben did partake, and the product was cut was something, he could have OD'd. Opioids exploded in the '90s, and most are familiar with the recent spate of fentanyl deaths. As long as there are drugs, there are ways to make them cheaper produce while exponentially deadly. If there is anyone still checking this thread that knew Ben, is he the type to stay and party with his clients? Because high people can and do fall off balconies, etc.

In the unlikely event he is still alive, any posts from his mother would be the way to reach him not while not expecting him to reply. The "we are safe" comment alludes to him leaving but is probably a mother's hope her son is alive. I'd imagine he had a lot of cash out of rotation for safe-keeping, but I doubt he'd take off on a February night in WA w/o it. Unless there was a plan after the Mallard to get it, or he literally escaped some situation at Mallard and took off. It'd be interesting to see if the driver could see all exits of the building. There is no doubt police know who rented the apartments, and that would still generate leads if the person living in one was not the same one on the lease.

Are LE and family relying on the testimony of the individual who drove Ben to the apartment complex? Have other people supported the testimony of the individual who was with Ben that evening?
That's an excellent Q

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back