WA WA - Rose Maria Kurran, 16, Seattle, 26 August 1987

Fede

Reaction score
Rose Marie Kurran was last seen alive on August 26, 1987. Her body was recovered on August 31, 1987. There is not much information online but I think King County LE must have her file.
In Sheriff David Reichert´s book "Chasing the Devil: My Twenty‑Year Quest to Capture the Green River" there is this passage:
"Then in early September we were called to an embankment of Interstate 5 near The Strip, where the body of a recently killed woman was found wrapped in plastic sheeting similar to material we had found at Ridgway´s house. The most chilling element of this find was that the victim, Rose Marie Kurran, had been missing for only a few weeks. (In fact, I had warned her to get off the streets prior to her disappearance). If her murder was the work of the Green River killer, then his long period of apparent inactivity was over."

And on the book "The search for the Green River Killer" by Carlton & Guillen: "In early September, another body was found. THis one was fresh. The body of Rose Marie Kurran, sixteen, was found wrapped in a plastic tarp. It had been thrown over an embankment between Military Road South and I-5, just south of South 188th Street.
The new victim was just over five feet tall and weighed only ninety pounds. She had been known to hitchhike on The Strip. Detectives soon learned that she had an all-too-familiar background, including trouble with alcohol and probable prostitution. She had last been seen in the prostitution zone around South 144th Street."

Ridgway didn´t confess to her murder. So,her murder is still unsolved 31 years later.

Rose Marie Kurran (1970-1987) - Find A Grave...

90188222_133712941240.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back