GUILTY WA - Sandra Harris, 69, Kennewick, 18 Nov 2016

Unfortunately the fact they have the perp in custody and she's not giving up the details as to where Sandra is, she's willingly risking a murder charge instead of just kidnapping. So IMO poor Sandra might no longer be alive. No one would risk an unnecessary murder charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Just kidnapping" in the first degree is probably a harsher sentence than murder at this point. I sincerely hope beyond hope someone is holding Sandra and she's still alive.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/local/article115969493.html

I know this has probably been posted, but here is the link for Sandra Harris's local newspaper with that story. Interesting that this was not a random kidnapping per the article and the people knew each other.

If you Google the husband, it looks like he has a successful pawn shop/jewelry store/gunshop/small loan place in Kennewick. They seem to be fairly affluent and that might have caused targeting for the kidnapping.
SABBM

Wonder if the suspect is a disgruntled customer ?
Thinking out loud.

Hope Sandra is found safe.

Found deceased:
On 11/20/2016, at about 11:48 am, deputies with the Benton County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call of a body found off of Coffin Road, about two-miles east of I-82. Initial information was a citizen was traveling westbound on Coffin Road, towards I-82, and observed a body lying on the side of the roadway and called 911.

Deputies arrived on scene and located a deceased, unidentified female lying in the brush, just off of the roadway, on the north side of Coffin Road. During the investigation, the Benton County Coroner’s Office identified the deceased female as 69 year old Sandra Harris.

http://keprtv.com/news/local/body-of-missing-kennewick-woman-found

:tantrum:

RIP Sandra :rose:

You have to be a idiot for exchanging money without having the victim secured at the same time. Jmo.

So who handled this transaction?

Okay. Let me retort.

Maybe LE (secretly) knew she was dead. But gave the money along with a tracking device in order to catch the suspect. Idk.

Let's just hope that this was the case and LE didn't just blindly hand money over.

Anyways
R.i.p Mrs. Harris.

How sad for her family. I do hope others who pay ransoms learn from this case.

You got to be a idiot for exchanging money without having the victim secured at the same time. Jmo.

R.i.p Mrs. Harris.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/local/article115969493.html

Randy Harris, her husband, reported she had been taken from their residence in the 200 block of East 41st shortly before noon Friday.

The police department, working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, initiated contact with Wiltse, who allegedly demanded a ransom. The amount was not disclosed.

Negotiators arranged to exchange money in rural Franklin County in exchange for Harris’ safe return. After the exchange, the Tri-City Regional SWAT team arrested Wiltse near Ephrata about 10 p.m. Friday. She was the sole occupant of the vehicle.

Wiltse was booked into the Benton County Sheriff’s Department for kidnapping.

So sorry, Sandra !
Rest gently. :(

I hate when it ends like this. May justice be swift and harsh.
Idiot people who feel that other lives are theirs for the taking. Just angry right now. :maddening: :stormingmad:

You have to be a idiot for exchanging money without having the victim secured at the same time. Jmo.

Okay. Let me retort.

Maybe LE (secretly) knew she was dead. But gave the money along with a tracking device in order to catch the suspect. Idk.

Let's just hope that this was the case and LE didn't just blindly hand money over.

Anyways
R.i.p Mrs. Harris.

..or, LE arranged to pay the $$'s, knowing the window of opportunity for her to be alive was still viable.....and they'd have the means to catch the (idiotic--already identified) kidnapper fairly quickly. (and did.)

..such a sad case.

..waiting to see what her defense will be..

Rest peacefully Sandra. Deepest sympathies for your loved ones

Feeling both angry and sad. Prayers for Sandra's family for peace and strength.

RIP Sandra....:rose:

My sincere condolences to Sandra's family. So sad for this outcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it sounds like she was easily seen from the rd. Coffin rd is MUCH closer to her residence than Connell (40-45 miles closer) so how long was she there? 2nd suspect?

I thought it was surprising the way they found her as well. I thought she would be found held in a building somewhere or at least hidden if she was killed, but she was found out in the open on the side of road where a passing car could see her.

I can think of at least 3 possible scenarios (in no particular order):

1. Second suspect was holding Sandra and killed her when the woman getting the ransom money was arrested

2. Woman who collected ransom had already killed Sandra when she went to get the money

3. Woman collecting ransom never had Sandra at all and thought she could collect ransom money and get away with it--Sandra died from something/someone else?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back