Deceased/Not Found WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #8

I guess regarding if this is Shantina, it is in the hands of fate or God. Not only are there 4 recently missing women in WA, but there could be some from the past 8 years that we do not know about, and it could even be someone from another state who was buried there. I guess time will tell. :(

Although I sure do wish there would be a break in Shantina's case, as it never sat right with me, that she drowned.

Although I sure do wish there would be a break in Shantina's case, as it never sat right with me, that she drowned.

Me either. And those items that were found along the shore in the opposite direction of where they should have been found was also suspicious. I hope I remembered that right. Its been so long. Im still reading.....

I agree. The whole story of what supposedly happened to her and Azriel just didn't sit right.

Me either. And those items that were found along the shore in the opposite direction of where they should have been found was also suspicious. I hope I remembered that right. Its been so long. Im still reading.....
Yes, I think you are referring to what Detective Mealy had said about the items all being washed to shore, and landing in that one particular area, was very "peculiar" to him. There were lots of question marks in this case, and then it all just went "cold". That is why my heart leaps when I hear of a woman's body being found in WA: I keep hoping Shantina will "speak from the grave". Otherwise, the poor girl is simply cut off, forgotten. . .

I agree. The whole story of what supposedly happened to her and Azriel just didn't sit right.
I know! And unless the case "breaks", it was a very unjust winding up for SS and her boy. :(

Excavation and processing of the burial site where skeletal remains of a woman were found Monday at Suncadia Resort near Cle Elum were completed Thursday, and the remains were sent for testing.

... a national database search has begun in hopes of identifying the victim using dental records.

... a backhoe operator working near the golf course ...noticed a piece of clothing on the ground.

The Kittitas County sheriff’s office said it cannot speculate on the victim’s identity, age, cause of death, or how long she was buried there.

The Daily Record reported that the area where the remains were found is bare dirt that was disturbed in 2002 for design work at Suncadia.

There are no missing women from Kittitas County since 2002. The sheriff’s office is working with neighboring counties, gathering information on missing persons cases.

He said at some point it may be possible to develop an artist’s sketch of what the victim looked like.

Related:

Cle Elum, Wash.: Skeletal remains found in shallow grave believed to be woman

Sources:
Seattle Times
Daily Record
KNDO
http://www.examiner.com/headlines-i...g-dental-records-submitted?cid=examiner-email

OT...

Sorry for jumping in here with something slightly OT, but I was just on Facebook and the right hand side was a link for some credit counseling website - with a picture of Shantina and Azriel as the ad!!!! :furious: (At first I kept looking at it, trying to figure out where I 'knew' those people from... then it dawned on me and I was fuming... it's this picture although I googled it to find it - it's not linked from the ad).

That's just sick. I clicked on the link and then about a dozen windows started opening and I had to shut the browser. Now that link is gone as it cycles through so many random ads.

Sorry to interject here, but I had to share it...

OT...

Sorry for jumping in here with something slightly OT, but I was just on Facebook and the right hand side was a link for some credit counseling website - with a picture of Shantina and Azriel as the ad!!!! :furious: (At first I kept looking at it, trying to figure out where I 'knew' those people from... then it dawned on me and I was fuming... it's this picture although I googled it to find it - it's not linked from the ad).

That's just sick. I clicked on the link and then about a dozen windows started opening and I had to shut the browser. Now that link is gone as it cycles through so many random ads.

Sorry to interject here, but I had to share it...
I am glad you did! Gosh, that is awful!!!:furious: When I was younger, I was working in a group home for troubled teen girls, as a counselor, and discovered pictures that we had taken for group events, being used in ads, without permission. Aaargh. I wonder if her family knows, but then, they have not been much help. Thanks for your post.:(

Has anyone heard any updates on Shantina Smiley's disappearance? That is such an odd case and I think its strange that no updates are ever given.

I was just dropping in to see if anything ever was discovered of where Shantina ended up?

I think most agree that she at some point was washed away with precious AZ but the never having found her just makes it so very difficult to hae any sense of closure whatsoever...

What about her family? Do they ever speak out? Have they not continued any time of search for her?

That seems awfully tragic in and of itself...

What about that fiancee RS??? I know he was supposedly terminally ill?{IIRC it was self diagnosed...so I never knew whetther to believe it ir not}...is he not keeping her name alive in hopes that there could still be relevant evidence wash ashore???

What about the knocks heard from the wife in the middle of the night and the oddway the van was left and parked and all doors amd hatch wide open???

Has there been anything further that has come to light?

I would be interested to know any little tidbits as this is a case that has stuck with ma and personally have no closure for ...so cannot imagine how the family feels with the lack of closure..

I would find it extremely difficult to move on with your life...

Did I read that correctly? on the previous page..in speaking about the continual feet washing ashore...that a human body can stay somehwat preserved for 3 decades?? 30 years?? If this is so I so very much still hold out hope and will continue to pray that somehow someway SS will be able to have what truly happened that night finally told for everyone to know, especially the family...once and for all..everyone deserves this closure in order to move on with their lives...

and IMO everyone deserves to have their story told of what really happened to tragically end these two lives so very early...KWIM?

I just saw this on the news yesterday. Apparently, a couple made a wrong turn and ended up in Puget Sound. And their van was sinking. Then, their son came to try to help them, and ended up in the water too!

Luckily, they were rescued. But something like this can happen faster than anyone is aware of what's going on. Sorry for the slight O/T, but it made me think of Shantina and Azriel.

Couple trapped in sinking van says it was 'like a coffin'

It was a wrong turn William and Tammy Forsythe will never forget.

That simple mistake put the couple's van in the Puget Sound Wednesday night and nearly cost them their lives.

[snip]

The rain was pouring, it was dark, and William said the area was not well lit. He got turned around and wound up driving down the boat launch and into the water.

"A splash came up and I thought even then it was just a puddle," he said. "Before I knew it we were already floating."

[snip]

Jon jumped in his SUV and sped to the boat launch where he thought his parents might be sinking.

But Forsythe made the same mistake his parents made. He drove down the boat launch and into the water too. Before he knew it, his SUV was sinking alongside his parents van.

More: http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/Our-Van-was-like-a-Coffin-111627124.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back