Deceased/Not Found WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #8

If they think she could still be alive, then what do they think happened to Azriel? Do they think she escaped and he didn't and she is just living her life somewhere? I'm confused.

Hi MF - CK (the wife of Shantina's father) used to make snide remarks about Shantina still being alive in hiding! All the remarks have been removed.

This time she says something like, 'Shantina's father still misses her every day' - The press didn't tell all - Wow! Snark much!? She is the last person I would tell about something weird happening.

GMa misses them sooo much - makes me sad, but glad to see how many people are commenting on the page again. (It was blank last I looked)

New post from Robb - basically saying you people need to move on - My life has been hard since she left...

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10150133110780096

She and Az touched so many people...

Bumping because I still think about this case often, and wish we had more answers.

Shantina's fiance has taken down all of the info about Shantina on his personal/business website... Strange, although, it could just be his way of moving on? Not judging, just observing. I don't know how long ago it was removed.

I'm always so haunted by these cases that seem to go completely cold... someone must know something!

This body was found two blocks from where I work- most in town are pretty unsettled.

The autopsy is going on today- but there has been little information so far- I popped on here sure that there would at least be some talk about who this poor woman may be.

The area the body was found at was just recently excavated to remove a large "work of art" a tidal "clock" not sure if that will factor into this find or not.

I actually have friends in both the Fire/Rescue department and the Police department- but no one is really saying much other than she was "badly" decomposed and there is no obvious signs of foul play- (but there wouldn't be if the body is that decomposed anyway)

but this poor woman may have come from just about anywhere- a boat or Canada.. I just no they better not say this is a normal occurance like they have with all the FEET

One of those cases that eats at me. Probably because I can see a complete faliure on LE part to interrogate and investigate.
He has gotten away with murder in my humble opinion.

I believe she was failed by everyone, LE, her family and her boyfriend.. It's very sad that this woman had no one who really cared enough about her to want to know what happened to her.. They held a memorial and went on with their lives.. If she went into the water wouldn't her body been found by now?

Thanks for the map RubyRed. We've stayed at a vacation home on Orcas several times and I have a Niece in Oak Harbor. But I have no idea what the tidal flows are like. Any locals; do you feel the foot could be Shantina's?

The article says that the foot was in the water less than two months, and it was found in August, 5 months after she vanished.

Whidbey Island is in the 'path' if their bodies were being dragged out to sea, but I doubt it's her foot based on the timeline.

Yes, I think you are referring to what Detective Mealy had said about the items all being washed to shore, and landing in that one particular area, was very "peculiar" to him. There were lots of question marks in this case, and then it all just went "cold". That is why my heart leaps when I hear of a woman's body being found in WA: I keep hoping Shantina will "speak from the grave". Otherwise, the poor girl is simply cut off, forgotten. . .

She is not forgotten here, or by her family, imo.

I believe she was failed by everyone, LE, her family and her boyfriend.. It's very sad that this woman had no one who really cared enough about her to want to know what happened to her.. They held a memorial and went on with their lives.. If she went into the water wouldn't her body been found by now?

No, not at all. If her body was washed out to sea, it may never be found.

I would be interested in what you folk think about this thread on WWP with a picture very similar to Shantina. I haven't gotten into it yet, but the suspect we are tracking, cannibal murderer Luka Magnotta may have been in the area at the time of this event. Also I saw some link to AZ, again I haven't even looked into this yet but suspect Luka Magnotta aka Eric C Newman has some ties to AZ and is suspected of a killing there as well. Keep in mind that the suspect may have photoshopped the eye color, longer hair and jaw line on the picture that resembles Shantina.

kinky sex with scientologist chick. cannibalism?

I'm afraid as much time as has passed, they wouldn't be able to identify gender that quickly, so very likely not her.

I figured as much, but I got a glimmer of hope for some closure... This case still haunts me. I'm not always even convinced that she's dead. Such a weird one.. Hopefully this find will provide someone's loved ones some much-needed closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back