WA WA - Sharon, 20, Michelle, 2, & Clara Giusti, 10 mos, Port Townsend, 5 March 1963

The obit says he died at home. That would be consistent with a suicide .

The info on the eldest daughter says she was not quite two, and they she was 4' tall and weighed 80 lbs. That's gigantic for 2-year-old. Probably just a mistake, but, goodness .

It's fairly obvious that the husband murdered the wife and daughters. He had four days to get rid of the bodies, but odds are they're buried on his farm. Modern technology might be able to locate the graves.
-
Countless husbands got away with murdering their wives and children in that era. There are many we'll never know about; there are many victims who were never reported missing.

It's fairly obvious that the husband murdered the wife and daughters. He had four days to get rid of the bodies, but odds are they're buried on his farm. Modern technology might be able to locate the graves.
-
Countless husbands got away with murdering their wives and children in that era. There are many we'll never know about; there are many victims who were never reported missing.

That's what I was thinking. Have the police checked any property that the husband or any of his friends/family may have owned? I always hear stories about men murdering their wives and children and the bodies never being found. How are they able to hide or dispose of the bodies so quickly without anyone seeing them?

Found this on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Unresolved...vanishing_of_sharon_giusti_and_her_two_small/

At first, I figured she escaped her abusive relationship and possibly left the car and took the children to a ferry and headed for Canada. Possibly from the Victoria BC Port Angeles ferry? It was active during the time, the other ferry closer to their house didn't exist until 2011. I was having a hard time figuring out exactly where the farm was - has it ever been searched?

I no longer think Sharon took off with the kids. She tried leaving him several times, back in those days divorce was not very common and a shameful thing to do. He appears to have been abusive. He married her "best friend" only after about a year of Sharon and the kids missing (my thought he is confident they are not coming back). Has she ever been questioned? Did she help him? He waited four days.. nearly a week.. didn't think to contact her friends and family? He had access to an airplane. He has guns. He is good friends with the sheriff. He shots himself - why? If he didn't place them on the farm somewhere, I'd guess they are in the water or other wilderness.

Found this on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Unresolved...vanishing_of_sharon_giusti_and_her_two_small/

At first, I figured she escaped her abusive relationship and possibly left the car and took the children to a ferry and headed for Canada. Possibly from the Victoria BC Port Angeles ferry? It was active during the time, the other ferry closer to their house didn't exist until 2011. I was having a hard time figuring out exactly where the farm was - has it ever been searched?

I no longer think Sharon took off with the kids. She tried leaving him several times, back in those days divorce was not very common and a shameful thing to do. He appears to have been abusive. He married her "best friend" only after about a year of Sharon and the kids missing (my thought he is confident they are not coming back). Has she ever been questioned? Did she help him? He waited four days.. nearly a week.. didn't think to contact her friends and family? He had access to an airplane. He has guns. He is good friends with the sheriff. He shots himself - why? If he didn't place them on the farm somewhere, I'd guess they are in the water or other wilderness.
I'm certain that he killed them, but they could be anywhere. The farm would be the place to look, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if he disposed of them elsewhere.

I had never heard of this case before now. I'm also guessing that he killed them, and probably buried them somewhere on the farm.

As for the death of "R. Giusti", that he died at home does not necessarily mean suicide, especially if he was in his 80s. I wonder if he abused his "second" wife (not unlikely) or anyone he might have been married to before Sharon (also not unlikely). Another red flag was their age difference, which was also not uncommon in that era, and maybe she had no family because she was raised in an orphanage, and a man came along and showed interest in her and she married him just to get out of there?

I've read on a few different sites that he indeed killed himself.
Here is one site Charley Project that states suicide: Sharon Louise Giusti – The Charley Project

I found Bobbi Smith (Sharon's friend he married) aka: Barbara L Giusti

As of this post, she is still alive! Not sure if the address is the same from where Sharon lived, if not, it appears to be in the same area. Oh man, how I want to go ask her some questions! o_O

One of them being, "Did you choose to marry him, and were you unable to leave?"

Michelle Renee Giusti
michelle_renee_giusti_1.jpg

Michelle, circa 1963

• Missing Since 03/05/1963
  • Missing From Port Townsend, Washington
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 03/26/1961 (60)
  • Age 1 year old
  • Height and Weight Unknown
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, blue eyes. Some agencies give Michelle's middle name as "Reena."
----------------------------------------
Photographs of Clara are unavailable. Her date of birth is May 4, 1962; she was ten months old at the time of her disappearance. She has red hair and blue eyes.

Sharon Louise Giusti
sharon_louise_giusti_1.jpg
sharon_louise_giusti_2.jpg

Sharon, circa 1963

• Missing Since 03/05/1963
  • Missing From Port Townsend, Washington
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 02/15/1943 (78)
  • Age 20 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 120 - 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes.

Details of Disappearance

Michelle, her mother Sharon Louise Giusti, and her younger sister, Clara Arleen Giusti, were last seen at their family's farm five miles south of Port Townsend, Washington on March 5, 1963.

Sharon's husband, Raymond William Giusti, stated he had been working in the fields all afternoon. When he returned to the house at the end of the day, his wife and children were gone. A car, some clothing and some money was also missing from the residence.

Raymond reported his family missing on March 9, four days after they were last seen. The day after he filed the report, Sharon's vehicle was found beneath a highway overpass more than two miles from the farm. It was unlocked and there was no indication of Sharon, Michelle or Clara's whereabouts. They have never been heard from again.

Raymond and Sharon's marriage was apparently troubled; she had left him several times before and gone to stay with family, saying she was afraid of him, but they would always reconcile. About a year after Sharon and her daughters went missing, Raymond remarried. In 2018, at age 88, he died by suicide.

Due to the long time period that has passed without any contact from Michelle, Clara or their mother, authorities believe they disappeared under suspicious circumstances and are probably deceased. Their cases remain unsolved.

Investigating Agency
  • Jefferson County Sheriff's Department 360-385-3831
Source Information

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member