WA WA - Sieu Trang, 13, Seattle, 3 April 1982

Kjowl16

Reaction score
I ran across the Namus profile for Sieu a couple of months ago and cannot stop wondering where this girl could have ended up. I did not see one here on Websleuths (sorry if I missed it) so wanted to start a thread.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7149/0/

Full name: Sieu Vei trang

I have searched through my newspaper archives membership and there was no information in it for her either. I know this was during Gary Ridgway's, dubbed the Green River Killer, time in King County, WA and pray that she did not meet her fate with him. I couldn't, in good conscience, not add a thread for her. I hope she will be found at some point.

I did find an unidentified person that I thought could match and send that in but have heard nothing other than confirmation of receipt. Here it is for reference. Location of discovery was only about an hour straight down the highway from Seattle, King County, WA and was not developed at the time. Attached for reference.

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/5671

Sieu, I keep trying to find information about you in old newspapers but so far no luck. I don't understand how someone can disappear and noone seems to be looking. I care about you. I don't know why I feel drawn to finding out what happened to you but I do and think of you every day. <3 You seem to have disappeared during the same time and in the same general area of the Gary Ridgeway. I hope that you weren't one of his victims.

Does anyone have a photo or further background on Sieu? I couldn't find any more details than this site gives, and no photos seem to be available. I wonder because one site lists her as "Asian or Pacific Islander" and I'm wondering if she might be mixed race (I know this is possibly a classification grouping, but since there's no photos of her I can find, I didn't want to rule it out), which could open up more Jane Does as potential matches, since often Jane Does' races are often unclear; if she *was* mixed but looked more like her Pacific Islander parent, they might have only listed a Jane Doe as Pacific Islander.

I sent in the email about a possible match a while ago but just got an email thanking me for the submission. Are we allowed to request more information? I’d love to do something to find her. My oldest will be 13 in a few months and it just breaks my heart there’s not more information about Sieu out there.

*edited because I can’t type on My phone*

@Kjowl16 I would try her police case officer direct (rather than the Namus contact) and phone rather than email. I'd be interested in anything more - there are a LOT of unidentified remains out there of girls this age and just a little older, so perhaps we could help LE narrow the field or get some publicity for the case.

@Kjowl16 I would try her police case officer direct (rather than the Namus contact) and phone rather than email. I'd be interested in anything more - there are a LOT of unidentified remains out there of girls this age and just a little older, so perhaps we could help LE narrow the field or get some publicity for the case.
I will try Monday then! I’ll update you. :)

It would be useful if someone could post Sieu's comparison list to see who she has been compared against (and ruled out against). I don't have access, unfortunately. Maybe @MadMcGoo or someone could assist?

It would be useful if someone could post Sieu's comparison list to see who she has been compared against (and ruled out against). I don't have access, unfortunately. Maybe @MadMcGoo or someone could assist?
There’s only the one mentioned twice in the thread above. There are no other comparisons/rule outs other than
UP12683
06/06/2014
Newport News
VA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members