WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened in Columbus today:
http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/nov/07/12/infant-inside-vehicle-stolen-carjacking-ar-819209/

Today, you can't leave your kids in a car for ANY reason. When my DD was in kindergarten, she would have 'accidents'. I had to bring fresh pants, load two babies in the car, lug them up to the SECOND floor office - one baby in a car seat, one on the other hip, holding the clothes with my teeth! :floorlaugh:

Who needs aerobics?

Seriously though, don't leave the kids in the car!

JMO

That is my understanding as well, but my point was that after having been through it already, would you take that chance again?

That's what confuses me too. IF she were covering up for an accident or murder, why use the same "excuse?" She knew she got in trouble for it last time.

I think there's a whole lotta hink with everyone involved.

That's what confuses me too. IF she were covering up for an accident or murder, why use the same "excuse?" She knew she got in trouble for it last time.

I think there's a whole lotta hink with everyone involved.

I think she might use this "excuse" again simply because it is the ONLY thing which makes her story even remotely believable...MOO

I am just furious at this mom. I have a 2 yr old myself. Something is majorly wrong with her story IMO. Im praying for this baby.. poor lil thing!

I am also feeling less and less that the father has had NO contact and that the lack of contact is intentional since January. I can't remember where that was said. Do we know if he said it or she said it or LE said it?

Sometimes things aren't what they seem at first blush. I'm waiting to hear the rest of the story.

I think these are possible. If she's going through a divorce chances are high she's watching her money very closely. I don't know about her cell phone situation, but if she doesn't have one or if the battery was dead, etc., she may have walked to the gas station to call her friend, not to get gas. At that point, the game plan might have been for the friend to come get her, go to the car and get the baby, go home and retrieve her gas can instead of buying a new one at the gas station, and then proceed to get gas to the car from there.

I still don't buy it.

But at first the lack of a gas can seemed REALLY odd, but now it seems possible, if the initial plan was to get the friend to come get Sky and then work on getting the gas.

BTW, it doesn't appear she walked a mile each way. The friend picked her up at the gas station and drove her back to her car, I believe.

Good points. I'm not caught up reading yet, but one thing that stands out to me at this point, is there is no mention of a gas station attended reporting having seen mom and the 4 yr old. So how and from where did mom 'call' her friend, or have phone logs been checked and this was preplanned? I'd like to know when she contacted the friend.

Sometimes things aren't what they seem at first blush. I'm waiting to hear the rest of the story.

Amen to that! The more I dig, the more I think that this is going to be far more bizarre than we had initially thought and maybe nothing like what I had thought in the beginning. So weird.

MSM: Name mom already!! Ugh!

Good points. I'm not caught up reading yet, but one thing that stands out to me at this point, is there is no mention of a gas station attended reporting having seen mom and the 4 yr old. So how and from where did mom 'call' her friend, or have phone logs been checked and this was preplanned? I'd like to know when she contacted the friend.

Wonder if that gas sation had any video cameras ???

For those unfamiliar with the area, Bellevue is about 10 miles east of Seattle.

MizStery already gave us a great description of the area. But here is a map:

2400 112th Avenue Northeast, Bellevue WA - Google Maps

I did a google "street view" of this location where the Mom supposedly left the car, and it's INCREDIBLY precarious. If you drive along that area that she is said to have walked, there are areas where you are literally taking your life in your hands walking along there. There is almost zero shoulder, a cement wall on one side, brush sticking out into the very limited shoulder, two way traffic, and blind corners.

It may be a "friendly" area, but structurally, that piece of the major road is not safe to walk with a 4 year old, much less a 4 and a 2 year old in tow.

Ah, so glad the press is releasing the names. Sitting on that info was exhausting!

You sleuthed the whole thing out last night with such professionalism. I can't believe how quickly and expertly you found all these people and all the links. I looked at all the flkr photos. Very weird that most are of the daughter and much fewer of the son. Now the blog. I listened and heard odd things. The mom said in one custody exchange that he kept the daughter for seven months and that's why she is upset to leave with him, but other things she says, in front of the kids, sound alienating to my practiced, family law attorney ears.

And in the later exchange, the kids sound much less upset. Could she have killed the boy to get back at dad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74