WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The family doesn't celebrate Halloween. There were some pictures on Julia's Flickr that showed M at a 'Fall Fun Festival' at their church on Halloween 2010, but they weren't actually celebrating it or going trick or treating. It was an alternative to the Halloween festivities. I don't think they did anything this year, though. Someone would have come forward saying they saw Sky and M on 10/31 if they in fact did go to the thing at their church this year.

Thank you. What I find interesting is no one has come forward and said when they last saw JB and the children at church. Even in little Aliayah's case someone from church came forward and stated they last saw the girl about a month prior to her disappearance at a back to school clothing event held by the church. I wonder why none of the members from the church Julia attended are attempting to hold Julia accountable for her lack of cooperation with LE.

It will be interesting to see who outside of SM chose to participate in the AMW program. Which reminds me, to record the program.

jmo

Thank you. What I find interesting is no one has come forward and said when they last saw JB and the children at church. Even in little Aliayah's case someone from church came forward and stated they last saw the girl about a month prior to her disappearance at a back to school clothing event held by the church. I wonder why none of the members from the church Julia attended are attempting to hold Julia accountable for her lack of cooperation with LE.

It will be interesting to see who outside of SM chose to participate in the AMW program. Which reminds me, to record the program.

jmo
Yep, I just set mine to record as well Cubby.

The only person that knew Julia would be driving her brothers car on that Sunday was Julia.

The last person to see Sky was Julia.

The person respondsible for Sky's well being was Julia.

The person that is respondsible for Sky being disappeared is Julia.

WHERE IS SKY ..JULIA?

Interesting.

The thought has actually occurred to me that someone put a rag in Julia's exhaust pipe, and then followed them until her car quit running because of it. Knowing that Julia would be HIGHLY likely to abandon her children, and possibly Solomon had a key to the car - he could expect to easily take the kids at that point. Surely someone removing a child and a rag from the exhaust of a car would be memorable to passersby, though.

I still think it's actually Julia who caused him to disappear. But it's odd - really odd to me - that she would state the car wouldn't run when it would.

I think, BTW, that's what happened to Maura Murray. She had stopped for gas shortly before ramming her car in the snowbank, and her car was found with a rag plugging the exhaust. Someone must have put it in there at the gas station - it wouldn't run long with a rag stuffed in there. And then she ran into the snow bank before the rag had a chance to make the car stall.

Actually, that thought occurred to me too. 99% of me believes it is Julia but I simply cannot get past the fact that they both left those kids in the car at Target on a cold day, for an HOUR. Never in a million years would I ever leave my kids in the car unattended - let alone for an hour. It just makes me question what is missing there to allow for such a collosally stupid lapse in judgement.
If it weren't for that incident, I would 100% believe him. Let me be clear, though, I absolutely do NOT think SM hurt Sky and I'd think if he were involved, it would only be from desperation to get his kids away from this <modsnip>.
Sorry, I realize this is probably a very unpopular opinion (especially for a newbie) - I guess I could be just looking for a scenario in which he's alive.

Actually, that thought occurred to me too. 99% of me believes it is Julia but I simply cannot get past the fact that they both left those kids in the car at Target on a cold day, for an HOUR. Never in a million years would I ever leave my kids in the car unattended - let alone for an hour. It just makes me question what is missing there to allow for such a collosally stupid lapse in judgement.
If it weren't for that incident, I would 100% believe him. Let me be clear, though, I absolutely do NOT think SM hurt Sky and I'd think if he were involved, it would only be from desperation to get his kids away from this crazy B.
Sorry, I realize this is probably a very unpopular opinion (especially for a newbie) - I guess I could be just looking for a scenario in which he's alive.

I'm inclined to believe that Julia had a LOT of control over SM and that he pretty much did what she said -- including her rationalizing that a sleeping infant left for a "short period of time" (that turned into an hour) would be fine. I think she controlled him -- I mean, look, she controlled when and where he could eat, go to the bathroom, sleep -- this was serious control. She pretty much got him to do anything. Once LE got on their case and sent them parenting classes (which JB dragged her feet in attending), SM NEVER left a child unattended again. JB did. He learned his lesson and he also, eventually, broke away from her incessant control. At least, that's how I see it. Abusers can get you to do stuff you never would do in your right mind or by your own free will. It might not make sense to outsiders, but it is part of the DV dynamic.

Let me say it a little louder Cubby -

Julia Biryukova - WHERE IS SKY???

If it weren't for that incident, I would 100% believe him. Let me be clear, though, I absolutely do NOT think SM hurt Sky and I'd think if he were involved, it would only be from desperation to get his kids away from this crazy B.

Welcome to WS etkay! :welcome:

I could go with that 1% you described above if SM had been seeing his children recently. Since he had not seen Sky or M for 10 months at the time of Sky's 'disappearance', his not seeing the children for 10 months rules out any possibility for me.

I too wish there was a possible scenario Sky was alive. For me, I doubt it because one child, not both were disappeared.

jmo

I, too, think that Sky is no longer alive :(
Even if Julia did ship a child out of the country, it would most likely have been M that went with family. She'd protect M over Sky, any day IMO. If M was the one that had disappeared, that would probably have been the case. But since it is Sky that is missing, it's a much different scenario...

I still pray everyday that Sky is found. Whether dead or alive, SM needs some kind of closure.

If it weren't for that incident, I would 100% believe him. Let me be clear, though, I absolutely do NOT think SM hurt Sky and I'd think if he were involved, it would only be from desperation to get his kids away from this <modsnip>.

I think part of that might have been cultural. . .never mind that I think SM was totally being controlled and manipulated by JB. My ex is German and our neighbors were Ukrainian. They simply have certain standards that are different than what we consider normal.

The difference between when SM and JB left Sky in the car when he was 3 months old and when JB supposedly left him in the car just recently, is that SM is truly sorry for that incident. He took the parenting classes and he did learn from them. JB on the other hand, did not and she still engaged in this reckless behavior. I still believe SM is innocent though. The fact that he hasn't seen Sky in 10 months is enough to tell me he is in no way responsible for Sky's disappearance.

My parents left me and my siblings alone in vehicles all the time. I remember as far back as 5 years old. My mom just never found it logical to to unbuckle all three of us from our car seats for a 5 minute visit to the bank. We'd be left in the vehicle for 20 minutes at times when she would go grocery shopping. My parents even put us in the car if we were misbehaving in a grocery store or restaurant. It was our punishment for not listening. Now, I am no way excusing SM or JB's behavior for leaving Sky in the car. Just throwing it out there that they maybe didn't want to unbuckle Sky for a quick trip into Target. Maybe they were only planning to be in and out, but they ended up taking longer...I don't really know.

Not being snarky, just trying to see all sides and get an idea how others are thinking. For those that think SM may be involved, why do you think that someone who hasn't seen their children in 10 months and had finally gotten visitation would do something like this now and not before when all the fighting was going on? This is assuming that Sky is unharmed and just being hidden from Julia. I would think, also, that this way he gets to see him even less than he would have been able to see him before. I just don't get any of it. I also don't understand why her family is saying that SM is hiding Sky, but M would be okay to go with him.

<snipped for space>

My parents left me and my siblings alone in vehicles all the time. I remember as far back as 5 years old. My mom just never found it logical to to unbuckle all three of us from our car seats for a 5 minute visit to the bank. We'd be left in the vehicle for 20 minutes at times when she would go grocery shopping. My parents even put us in the car if we were misbehaving in a grocery store or restaurant. It was our punishment for not listening. Now, I am no way excusing SM or JB's behavior for leaving Sky in the car. Just throwing it out there that they maybe didn't want to unbuckle Sky for a quick trip into Target. Maybe they were only planning to be in and out, but they ended up taking longer...I don't really know.

Oh wow, I just had flashbacks! Me too. I was the youngest and my parents did the same thing. I practically lived in the car with my siblings. No car seats either! I don't want to get too OT, as I know times have most definitely changed. But I wonder if leaving sky in the car at Target was a cultural thing. You know, like the Swedish woman who left her baby outside a restaurant because it's common to leave children unattended in Sweden.

http://www.circleofmoms.com/article...y-outside-restaurant-claims-s-ok-europe-01176

I know it's a stretch, but there are cultures out there that think and act differently than most of us. When I was in the UK years back I was shocked at how many parents took their kids to bars and smoked ciggies with them on their lap.

Just a thought - thanks.

Mel

Regarding the time baby Sky was left in the car, the police report really does shed a lot of light on the circumstances of what happened. On them being paged, it was S who went out to the car. When asked if he knew the baby was in there by himself, he said of course I knew, and there's no excuse. On him and the police officer going in to track down you-know-who (She kept shopping? Really??), she replied defensively, saying he was sleeping and wrapped up and they'd only been in the store for 15-20 minutes. The policeman states that on reviewing the surveillance video, they parked at 1948 hours and didn't exit the vehicle until 1955 hours, a full seven minutes later.

I've got $5 that says they were arguing about leaving the baby in the car. Frankly, between a husband and wife making such a stupid decision together, I'd still come down harder on Mommy. I just think our instincts for protection are stronger in a lot of ways. Or should be, at least.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/72321923/1364-001?secret_password=15yojo6t2ds5t6w1d937

Moo and all that... :crazy:

Not being snarky, just trying to see all sides and get an idea how others are thinking. For those that think SM may be involved, why do you think that someone who hasn't seen their children in 10 months and had finally gotten visitation would do something like this now and not before when all the fighting was going on? This is assuming that Sky is unharmed and just being hidden from Julia. I would think, also, that this way he gets to see him even less than he would have been able to see him before. I just don't get any of it. I also don't understand why her family is saying that SM is hiding Sky, but M would be okay to go with him.

Exactly. And if SM were involved why hasn't Julia spoken to the police ever, once, at all, for one minute since the initial interview. She would use every means necessary to pin this on SM if there were any possible way that she could. If SM had done anything, or if Julia even suspected that SM had done anything, she'd be (secretly recording him, posting staged pictures of him) telling LE and the media any and everything she could think of to bring SM down.
Instead, she says nothing. If Julia were not guilty she would be talking. imo

Oh wow, I just had flashbacks! Me too. I was the youngest and my parents did the same thing. I practically lived in the car with my siblings. No car seats either! I don't want to get too OT, as I know times have most definitely changed. But I wonder if leaving sky in the car at Target was a cultural thing. You know, like the Swedish woman who left her baby outside a restaurant because it's common to leave children unattended in Sweden.

http://www.circleofmoms.com/article...y-outside-restaurant-claims-s-ok-europe-01176

I know it's a stretch, but there are cultures out there that think and act differently than most of us. When I was in the UK years back I was shocked at how many parents took their kids to bars and smoked ciggies with them on their lap.

Just a thought - thanks.

Mel

I think things are different today (we know a lot more about what CAN happen) but for the record, I am happy to give SM the benefit of the doubt and am content with the theory that Julia is responsible and that he just made a mistake and has paid. I'm sure all this poor dad needs is more skepticism when he's living the parents nightmare.

Didn't I read that Julia's mom is a real-estate agent? I realize it's a little far fetched, but it would be interesting to know if she has any long-time property listings that Julia would be privy too. Also, I'm curious as to why LE seemed to focus their searches on parks, when east from Julia's house is some serious wilderness. Wouldn't it be possible for LE to track pings on her phone from the last month or so - to get an idea of where she'd traveled? If she drove east any significant distance, I'd be very concerned about the possibility of EVER finding Sky.

FYI - I'm local Seattle and am so disappointed every morning to wake up and see little to no news on this case. I'm so glad you guys are here. :)

NB is not a realtor/real estate agent. Her occupation is easy to find via google.

jmo

I bet JB hasn't attended church in a long time. I wonder how the protective order would have impacted their attendance at City Church in Kirkland. Did SM have to go to a different church? I read that they attended "divorce-care meetings" there but that might have been before things got really nasty.

I bet JB hasn't attended church in a long time. I wonder how the protective order would have impacted their attendance at City Church in Kirkland. Did SM have to go to a different church? I read that they attended "divorce-care meetings" there but that might have been before things got really nasty.

City Church in Kirkland has weekend services at 3 different times. I'd think they could simply attend different services. Though, I'd guess it is likely JB stopped attending when she started the false allegation campaign against SM. Which leads us again, to what happened to Sky. I have this nagging feeling JB won't tell and the main reason is she does not want people to know SM was right all along. IOW She is more interested in proving SM wrong than caring what happens to her daughter or caring about what happened to her son.

jmo

:sigh: I absolutely detest this, when everything slows down and sometimes it stops, this is so unfair, does another person get to walk away freely after doing something very very wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member