WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that if she didn't know the place had gas she would've made a huge issue out of that to LE when telling her story?

IIRC that wasn't the case. Her story led LE to question 'where' her gas can was......

The issues of whether or not JB had a gas can or knew that the gas station didn't have gas are secondary for LE at this point because she claimed her reason for pulling off the road was that the car was out of gas and that she walked to the gas station to get gas. The fact is, she still had gas in the car despite returning to the car without gas. This is what makes her story so suspicious. JB stopped the car for a reason, but it wasn't the reason she gave. She also claimed that her son disappeared while sitting in that car during her absence.

Quite possibly JB did stress to LE that she walked to the gas station because she didn't know they didn't have gas. She could tell them that until she was blue in the face, and it would not explain why there was gas in the car.

I hope MM and SM get to start their own holiday season traditions that they want to do together (ie: Gingerbread houses, reading stories, looking at Christmas lights, baking cookies, etc). I am thinking that due to JB's significant OCD issues, many of these activities weren't allowed in their home previously, and I so want Daddy and Daughter to experience the magic of holiday season in ways that many children get to enjoy each year with their families (whatever they choose for themselves).

Do any gas stations supply gas cans any more? I've noticed signs at the gas stations I frequent stating that the customer must supply their own gas can. It's possible JB didn't know that, making the absence of a gas can the first flaw in her story. If the gas station was in fact out of gas, it really didn't matter that she didn't have a can. But, she decided to carry through with reporting her son missing, anyway. Was that b/c she had no explanation for her friend SO as to her son's whereabouts when SO drove her back to her (brother's) car?

As for the gas station being closed, it's possible JB didn't know that. It may not be a station she routinely used. I'm also wondering how long JB had possession of her brother's car and how long ago her accident was. There may have been a substantial time period in which she was without a car. So, even if JB was familiar with that particular gas station, it may have closed during the time she was without a car.

most I am familiar with do not supply gas cans but do offer cheap small plastic ones for sale. They are very reasonably priced.

Just to clarify my last two posts...

It seems JB's plan was to stage her son's disappearance and to establish an alibi for herself. Part of that plan was to feign running out of gas. The plan, likely, was to return to the car with a can of gas and add some gas before notifying LE of her missing son. That way, LE would have no idea that the gas tank was never empty and her story would seem credible enough. But, JB's story backfired when (if) the gas station didn't have any gas or she wasn't able to get gas b/c she needed to provide her own gas can.

So, why did JB carry though with notifying LE of her missing son if he was gone days or weeks earlier and her alibi for the staged disappearance collapsed? The only reason I can think of is that Sky really was in the car that morning and JB arranged for someone to drive by and snatch him while she and M walked to the gas station. Although she didn't get any gas, Sky was gone when she returned to the car, so maybe she decided to carry through with reporting her son's disappearance, not thinking the gas would be an issue.

The only problem with that scenario is that scent dogs didn't pick up Sky's scent outside the car (IIRC). If someone carried him a short distance from the car to one parked nearby in a matter of seconds, would there still be a scent to pick up?

KristiL, based on what I found below, I'm sure you saw what you were speaking of regarding the gas station's lack of gas. We'll find the article! Never fear!! :)

Northtowne Chevron Service:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/northtowne-chevron-service-bellevue

YELP reviews dating back to 2007 from people complaining about this station constantly being out of gas and having super high prices compared to other local stations. Didn't read all of the posts...only had a couple of minutes. So, there is a history with this gas station.

Mostly lurking - you guys are incredible for the amount of time that gets put into this. Thanks!

Just a FYI, but I found the info in a comment section under an article. It wasn't fact, but I did notice in the pics of the gas station there were orange cones around the pumps. fwiw

I wondered about this last night and still am, I don't think anyone had any response. Who could J possibly know well enough to take Sky and keep him despite all of the publicity/threat of charges, that LE could not have uncovered by now, via electronics or phone records, etc...? I wonder this same thing about Terri Horman. There is always a record of contact, and since she was on the computer all the time and not all that cautious, I can't believe she could outsmart so many trained LE. JMO and I know it is not good for Sky if there is no such person...

I'd be willing to bet everything I own that Sky was never in that car that day.

I wondered about this last night and still am, I don't think anyone had any response. Who could J possibly know well enough to take Sky and keep him despite all of the publicity/threat of charges, that LE could not have uncovered by now, via electronics or phone records, etc...? I wonder this same thing about Terri Horman. There is always a record of contact, and since she was on the computer all the time and not all that cautious, I can't believe she could outsmart so many trained LE. JMO and I know it is not good for Sky if there is no such person...
Sadly, that is exactly why I discount the theory that she sent him off with someone, either locally or out of the country. I cannot envision her having the contacts or resources to make that possible without LE having uncovered something by now.

:(

MOO

For those of you proposing alternative theories of Sky's abduction, or "send off" by JB, I applaud you, because this would give a scenario where there is more of a chance that the little guy is still alive.

Due to some of the opinions above, it doesn't seem likely. But it would be great if that turned out to be the truth! :praying:

I am praying that Sky is found soon!

Just a thought but maybe they used a friends computer or one at a library. Or they had prepaid cell phones registered in someone elses names.

Guys, you have no idea the smile that came upon my face when I read he got custody!!! I'm so happy for daddy and daughter!!!

And i agree, even if the station was out of gas, she still had enough to go to the station driving not park beside of road and then go get gas....unless the gas gage was messed up!! Did JB try to get custody back of the little girl? Where has JB been at?

Praying for Baby Sky......

Just to clarify my last two posts...

It seems JB's plan was to stage her son's disappearance and to establish an alibi for herself. Part of that plan was to feign running out of gas. The plan, likely, was to return to the car with a can of gas and add some gas before notifying LE of her missing son. That way, LE would have no idea that the gas tank was never empty and her story would seem credible enough. But, JB's story backfired when (if) the gas station didn't have any gas or she wasn't able to get gas b/c she needed to provide her own gas can.

So, why did JB carry though with notifying LE of her missing son if he was gone days or weeks earlier and her alibi for the staged disappearance collapsed? The only reason I can think of is that Sky really was in the car that morning and JB arranged for someone to drive by and snatch him while she and M walked to the gas station. Although she didn't get any gas, Sky was gone when she returned to the car, so maybe she decided to carry through with reporting her son's disappearance, not thinking the gas would be an issue.

The only problem with that scenario is that scent dogs didn't pick up Sky's scent outside the car (IIRC). If someone carried him a short distance from the car to one parked nearby in a matter of seconds, would there still be a scent to pick up?

I think it is possible that she called SO before she found out there was no gas at the station. Did the clerk witness the call?

If she was expecting to get gas and called SO to come and get her, the plan was already in full swing before finding out she wasn't going to be able to buy any gas.

At that point, irrational Julia just figured she could manipulate her way through it somehow.

I don't think Sky was ever in the car that morning.

I'm not sure what the legalities are if and when someone is named a person of interest or not. Julia is not a POI nor a suspect so does she have free reign to do what she wants without LE investigating her? We know she has access to a computer so the communication could be via computer. Skype is a very popular FREE service used by millions worldwide. I don't think LE can get any of her personal stuff without a search warrant and in order to get a search warrant they have to have probable cause.

We know that LE has obtained her records from her on-line dating service. That was obtained via a search warrant as the owner of the company stated. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/16/julie-biryukova-sugar-daddy_n_1097119.html Thus, they have probable cause.

But that was evident to me without knowing about the search warrant. Mom claims she left her sick two year old alone in a car on the side of the road when she ran out of gas, leaving at least one door unlocked. Child goes missing. The car is found to have no mechanical problems and was not out of gas. Mom has a history of severe mental problems. Dad stated, long before the child went missing, that mom spoke about having thoughts of harming herself or the kids and strangling Sky. No evidence of an abduction is found.

All of that is more than enough for probable cause to search her bank records, e-mails, phone records, medical records, place tracking devices on her car and listening devices on her phone. And I have no doubt that they have. Yet, LE have discovered nothing to indicate Sky ever left the area.

Hi pferrin, I realize for those who have a problem with her abduction story will think that but I'm trying to look at perhaps at an innocent reason why she wouldn't have a gas can. Someone mentioned the gas station not having gas, like I said in my post, it was the first time I heard that. So perhaps she didn't have a gas can because there was no gas at the station.

I don't carry a gas can in my car. Maybe her brother didn't either. It was his car.

I'm not saying Julia isn't involved in Sky's disappearance but I'm trying to look at everything objectively. It's the "what if" that keeps me coming back to these missing person threads. I like to believe the child or adult is alive until there is undeniable evidence that they have passed on.

So far, in this case there is no evidence to suggest that except for people's feelings and I understand why considering the statistics.

But again, what if Sky is still alive ? What if she is hiding him? What if in her desperation for money she sold him?

What if Sky was really abducted?

See below.

The issues of whether or not JB had a gas can or knew that the gas station didn't have gas are secondary for LE at this point because she claimed her reason for pulling off the road was that the car was out of gas and that she walked to the gas station to get gas. The fact is, she still had gas in the car despite returning to the car without gas. This is what makes her story so suspicious. JB stopped the car for a reason, but it wasn't the reason she gave. She also claimed that her son disappeared while sitting in that car during her absence.

Quite possibly JB did stress to LE that she walked to the gas station because she didn't know they didn't have gas. She could tell them that until she was blue in the face, and it would not explain why there was gas in the car.

And, what about the fact that JB wandered around an area of nice homes, plus went past a church and other establishments without asking for help. She didn't flag down a car. And it took her an hour to get to and from a gas station when it should have taken about 20 minutes. Hmmm.

Her friend was shocked when she arrived and saw JB trudging along without Sky.

IMO, an abduction theory is not logical.

No evidence of a murder either. They haven't charged her with child endangerment. They haven't named her a POI nor a suspect in his disappearance. As for her friend being shocked, well of course, we're all shocked when parents leave their children in a car and go about their business but it's done more often than we want to believe. Some for minutes, others for hours.

So basically we're left with no proof Sky was abducted nor that he was murdered by his mom. I think I'll stick with my belief that he's still alive.

What we know

JB has severe OCD and has been committed 3 times.
SM and JB married in 2003 after 14 years together, according to JB this was only because SM was being deported back to pakistan.
They were both caught leaving sky in Target car park for 55 minutes in Dec 09.
They were both currently divorcing, in fact sky went missing 3 days after a 12 hour mediation session involving both parents.
SM has not seen either of his children for 10 months.
Date of temporary protection order 09-27-2010.
JB told SM that she had dreams of strangling her younger child.
Jb has admitted to leaving the children alone while she had her hair done, went shoe shopping and of course the 12 hour mediation session.
CPS was informed of SM had struck his daughter hard enough to cause bruises "preponderance of evidence"
They also received six referrals about the family between late 2009- and late 2010.

JB account of events on the day sky disappeared.
Lafrate people said there was no child in the car between the hours of 8am-10am.
Sky was last seen by a neighbour a couple of weeks before the day he disappeared.
No gas can near vehicle even though julia said she went for gas.
LE say the car still had 2.2 gallons of gas in the car, also the car started straight away by the LE.
JB stated she locked the drivers door, but wasnt sure of the rest.
Dogs picked up no scent of sky outside the car.
SO was the friend who picked up JB from gas station.
Surveiliance pictures show JB at a bank and a store hours before sky dis
appeared.
Sky was dressed in A grey hooded sweatshirt and blue and grey striped pants on the day he disappeared.

Julias address Veloce Appartments 8000 block of 161st Avenue, NE, Redmond WA.
JB Refused lie detector test.
JB profile on sugardaddy site

What we dont know

Skys illess (if any)
The content of the 911 call
Sky's and M's medical records
JB Car accident
Julia had her profile on the Christian Mingle site as well.
Why did Julia borrow her brother's car and on what day did she get it? Did she specifically ask to borrow it for ten day? Why?
Msm has stated that one or more of Julia's family/close circle of friends are cooperating with LE. Who?
Were cadaver dogs used on Julia's apartment? (this may have been answered and I missed it)
What is the Scottsdale connection? Does Julia have family or friends there?
What, if anything was found in Watershed Park?

Hi pferrin, I realize for those who have a problem with her abduction story will think that but I'm trying to look at perhaps at an innocent reason why she wouldn't have a gas can. Someone mentioned the gas station not having gas, like I said in my post, it was the first time I heard that. So perhaps she didn't have a gas can because there was no gas at the station.

I don't carry a gas can in my car. Maybe her brother didn't either. It was his car.

I'm not saying Julia isn't involved in Sky's disappearance but I'm trying to look at everything objectively. It's the "what if" that keeps me coming back to these missing person threads. I like to believe the child or adult is alive until there is undeniable evidence that they have passed on.

So far, in this case there is no evidence to suggest that except for people's feelings and I understand why considering the statistics.

But again, what if Sky is still alive ? What if she is hiding him? What if in her desperation for money she sold him?

What if Sky was really abducted?

If Sky had really been abducted why wouldn't Julia be cooperating with LE? Wouldn't she be on the news begging for his safe return? Instead she's been hiding out, playing with her flicker acct, checking her sugar daddy site, checking her email and possibly anonymously writing comments on a couple news sites smearing SM. What a gal!

LE has said they have investigated around the globe and there is nothing to indicate Sky is not local (in their own backyard I believe they said).

How did JB arrange the sale of her son? Did she just happen across someone who wanted a baby while standing in line at the bank or while getting her hair done? How did the conversation begin? Where did the swap off go down? What did she do with the money? (I'm pretty sure if she deposited a large amount of cash that would have been mentioned as a possible clue to Sky's disappearance.)

I think it's great that you hold out hope that Sky is alive, in this case I just don't see how she could have pulled it off.

I think the key is the little girl, she would know if her brother was in the car that morning.....which I'm sure LE has interviewed her....I really don't know how you could go about interveiwing a child, but children do not lie.

JB was on sites smearing SM name?? I feel bad for the guy...he seems like a good person who loves his children. I was on her fb site and she had no pictures of Sky just on her profile pic after he went missing. I think he looks just like his daddy. This is so sad :( all these children are missing and nothing ever seems to be done!! Bring these babies home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard