WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, n/t, there is something seriously wrong with this.
Yeah, some mothers can brainwash their kids, but not to that extent. Kids don't scream and cry and act terrified for no reason. They are not actors, they react in the way they are feeling.
And am I the only one who is a little put off by this dad repeatedly asking the child to pray with him?? What is up with that? Is a 3 year old impressed with praying, in a situation like that? I don't think so. That was for show, to impress the social worker, more than likely.
My husband's ex tried her best to turn their kids against their daddy, and it didn't work, and believe me, she was a con artist and a manipulator. If kids love their parents, they are not going to be scared of them to that extent. This child was terrified, and there has to be some reason for that.
Neither one of these parents are candidates for parent of the year, IMO, but I don't think dad is a saint, not by a long shot. And he could have been a major contributor to mom's mental illness. Not giving him a pass, just yet.

The child isnt acting. She has a true fear, but it is one that was carefully cultivated by her mother. Children learn preference and fear from their parents. Adults teach children to fear certain things before the child has even come across them, through their words or actions. Children may also 'pick up' the fears of adults in their family. Kids only know what they are taught and given her mothers whack behavior I can only assume she was not exactly cautious with her opinion and behaviors.

She may have witnessed her parents argue or fight but she was with her mom the majority of the time so she had plenty of time to blame him and maker him a monster.

There are so many documented cases of this type of behavior. No, they arent acting...their parent just intentionally or unknowingly caused their kids phobias and anxieties that can last a lifetime.

110% in agreement. I guess "mentally fragile" was not the right word (I was trying to be polite). How about that tightly wound?

She is controlling. From her OCD to the rabid fight for custody. Its a mental fragility that is the result of obsessively pursuing control over her husband's unhappiness. The kids dont matter. Making him miserable does.

Edited to add: this is why dad automatically assumed she "hid" son to hurt him. She does things to spite him.

At the end, where it says "Sky was last seen wearing..." Is the 'according to his mother' at the end a new addendum, perhaps a journalistic nod to Ms. Julia's lack of familiarity with the truth?

It could very well be, as it is only her word that he was even alive that morning.

MOO

I also think the agreement to the shared custody agreement and then calling it off two days later has something to do with his disappearance. I think he may have actually died that day and she was "buying time". I haven't made up my mind but its important in the situation.

I agree that she is just nuts, BUT... there has to be some reason why he has not seen those kids in almost a year. I must have missed something somewhere, because I have not seen an explanation for that. I am having problems keeping up with the details as I'm not on here all day, but this is just not making sense to me. Did the courts refuse him visitation or what?

That aside, I am not seeing the logic in slamming her for leaving this child alone in the car when the father was guilty of the same thing when the boy was 3 months old. Except of course, the baby didn't come up missing that time. But he very easily could have, and just the fact he didn't does NOT absolve either one of them for doing such a stupid thing... JMO, of course.

Several years ago I pulled up beside a car in the lot at our local grocery store. I live in a pretty small town. There was a baby in a car seat in the back seat. I sat there for a few minutes, not sure why, I guess just to see if somebody had just run into the store for a second. Just when I was getting ready to go inside and report it to the manager so they could call the police, the mom (I assume she was the mom) came out carrying a sack of stuff and got in the car and drove off. I wanted to yell at her but I didn't. You think your kids are safe in a small town where everybody knows everybody else, but they're not. She was VERY LUCKY!!

I don't know what happened to Sky, but these cases are getting to me and nothing is making sense anymore. Thank you for replying to me in such a respectful manner, I appreciate it.

No absolution - we can agree but the difference in opinion on mom vs. dad could be that dad has openly expressed remorse for his stupidity and has not knowingly been caught making the same mistake. The same cannot be said for Julia of course.

As for why Dad hasn't visited...it could be that he was in the process of defending himself against abuse allegations (not sure of the dates on that) or it could be that he didn't wish to distress the children anymore than they already were. It could also be that it was nightmarish for him dealing with the situation and therefore easier not to. Just theories.

I think we all can agree that Dad isn't an ideal parent however he is not the one who caused his son to disappear either in my opinion.

I do disagree that Julia is 'nuts' though...at least in a psychotic, unable to tell the difference between right and wrong, M'Naughten rule kind of nuts. ;)
I think she is duplicitous, highly manipulative, controlling and probably does have some form of mental illness - I just don't think it rises to the level of legally absolving her of her crime. (Just jumping off your post, txlady:))

Thanks, but it's still not making sense to me, guess I need a break.
He just doesn't impress me much. Have not seen her in any interview so can't say. I don't think he had anything to do with the boy's disappearance but I don't think he is father of the year either. Sorry.

TxLady, I haven't posted on this case for the same reason, it's hard to say anything in defense of the mother POSSIBLY not being a conniving, psychopath. I'm not absolving the mother, but we obviously don't know enough to stone her yet. IMO

I agree with you, n/t, there is something seriously wrong with this.
Yeah, some mothers can brainwash their kids, but not to that extent. Kids don't scream and cry and act terrified for no reason. They are not actors, they react in the way they are feeling.
And am I the only one who is a little put off by this dad repeatedly asking the child to pray with him?? What is up with that? Is a 3 year old impressed with praying, in a situation like that? I don't think so. That was for show, to impress the social worker, more than likely.
My husband's ex tried her best to turn their kids against their daddy, and it didn't work, and believe me, she was a con artist and a manipulator. If kids love their parents, they are not going to be scared of them to that extent. This child was terrified, and there has to be some reason for that.
Neither one of these parents are candidates for parent of the year, IMO, but I don't think dad is a saint, not by a long shot. And he could have been a major contributor to mom's mental illness. Not giving him a pass, just yet.

I'm with ya. I think the dad looks like a Class A manipulator himself and who the heck knows what he did to JB to cause her to hate him so badly...

It's a 45 minute walk each way, and up to 20 minutes longer easily depending on where she went, including all the way to the water's edge on Lake Sammamish.

News stations reported that court documents confirmed she left the kids alone for the mediation. Those would have to have been from the custody hearing, and the info provided probably came from CPS via LE.

BBM This is why I am convinced her fight was not for the best interest of her child. It was an added obsession of hers. Making him pay. No mother leaves their children alone to go to a mediation in which they are to discuss the best place for a child. Its insanity. I can tell you from personal experience that when you are enthralled in a huge custody battle EVERY decision you make is scrutinized by yourself and others. There is no such thing as an easy choice when your parenting is put under a microscope. Its not about proving your former spouse is unfit...its about proving you are the best fit.

A decision like that blows your case out of the water.

And for her to immediately suggest daughter go in dad's custody when she was removed by CPS....game over. We dont volunteer up our babes to the lions.

When I do have to go to Bellevue I always take back roads, I don't like driving over the floating bridge... Really I do this anywhere I go here. It seems to be faster to take side roads at 25/30 with hardly any lights, stop signs or traffic. Also safer, IMO

I wonder if she took back roads too. It would explain why she was on a back road too..

MOO

Most obvious route to me, especially given an early Sunday morning, is hop on 520 West to 108th NE exit to Bellevue just west of the 405. Hang a left at the light at the end of the exit, and 108th turns into 112th NE, which is where she was. Then several blocks south turn left either on N 12th or, or better yet N 10th which takes you directly to Overlake hospital. 10th overpass looks to be very new? Wasn't there the last time I was in downtown Bellevue, but aerial view shows that it heads directly into Overlake Hospital.

That route is direct, and given no rush hours backups, I don't find anything odd about her being on 112th NE, nor would I really consider that a "back road" (but that's my semantics) if you are headed into downtown Bellevue or specifically to Overlake Hospital. Been on 112th/108th NE myself many times from Bellevue to Kirkland or back, just to avoid that very nasty stretch of 405 in downtown Bellevue during heavy traffic. Silly to play merge onto 405 to go 1 mile and get back off.

If I were headed to say Bell Square, I'd also go that way from Redmond rather than mess with getting on 405 and taking the NE 8th exit. Just a guess, but I'd venture she is a Bell Square type shopper. Plus she's lived in that general Eastside neighborhood for many years, so should be no stranger to the common off-freeway routes from point A to point B.

That's just my 2 cents worth. 1¢ value in this economy.

I have not read through this thread completely, so someone may have already shared this. But I just came across this article. It brings in some new people who may be able to help with the investigation:

King5.com "Biryukova family avoiding media...and everyone else?

Most obvious route to me, especially given an early Sunday morning, is hop on 520 West to 108th NE exit to Bellevue just west of the 405. Hang a left at the light at the end of the exit, and 108th turns into 112th NE, which is where she was. Then several blocks south turn left either on N 12th or, or better yet N 10th which takes you directly to Overlake hospital. 10th overpass looks to be very new? Wasn't there the last time I was in downtown Bellevue, but aerial view shows that it heads directly into Overlake Hospital.

That route is direct, and given no rush hours backups, I don't find anything odd about her being on 112th NE, nor would I really consider that a "back road" (but that's my semantics) if you are headed into downtown Bellevue or specifically to Overlake Hospital. Been on 112th/108th NE myself many times from Bellevue to Kirkland or back, just to avoid that very nasty stretch of 405 in downtown Bellevue during heavy traffic. Silly to play merge onto 405 to go 1 mile and get back off.

If I were headed to say Bell Square, I'd also go that way from Redmond rather than mess with getting on 405 and taking the NE 8th exit. Just a guess, but I'd venture she is a Bell Square type shopper. Plus she's lived in that general Eastside neighborhood for many years, so should be no stranger to the common off-freeway routes from point A to point B.

That's just my 2 cents worth. 1¢ value in this economy.

That's still an out of the way route to go IMO. She's still traveling NW in the opposite direction at the interchange. Sunday morning, if she doesn't want to hit 405, there are plenty of street routes that are more direct.

But investigators said her story "doesn't add up" and is very similar to an episode of "Law & Order: SVU" that aired a day before the child disappeared.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/1...losing-hope-son-is-still-alive/#ixzz1dX8l8gtD

Has the episode been discussed? Could anyone point to an episode summary?

ETA: never mind, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/sky-metalwala-law-order-svu_n_1086268.html

It is someplace on the previous thread...it was discussed and a link to the episode was posted someplace...

But investigators said her story "doesn't add up" and is very similar to an episode of "Law & Order: SVU" that aired a day before the child disappeared.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/1...losing-hope-son-is-still-alive/#ixzz1dX8l8gtD

Has the episode been discussed? Could anyone point to an episode summary?

ETA: never mind, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/sky-metalwala-law-order-svu_n_1086268.html

I posted a VERY detailed one and I think someone else posted a link to the episode online?

Here's the link I read: http://allthingslawandorder.blogspot.com/2011/10/law-order-svu-missing-pieces-recap.html

ETA:

Here's the link to the post with the episode if you want to watch it:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #4

Hulu - Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: Missing Pieces - Watch the full episode now

It just breaks my heart in millions of pieces watching the raw video of everyone searching for Sky. If he only knew how many people all over the world just love him, are praying for him so he can be found. :cry:

It just breaks my heart in millions of pieces watching the raw video of everyone searching for Sky. If he only knew how many people all over the world just love him, are praying for him so he can be found. :cry:
BBM

I believe he does know........

:angel:

I wanted to add that I think both parents were playing the manipulation game but I think we will at some point learn that he used money to play and she used the children. Currency was different but it was a shared responsibility up to the point where Sky went missing.
The decline of their marriage was due to money. I think she felt she deserved more and would use what she had to gain it. In the previous neglect case the baby was left in an Escalade, now shes driving a 98 Acura. Money makes people crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonwilso