Identified! WA - Snohomish Co., WhtFem 516UFWA, 15-22, hitchhiker, Aug 1977 - Lisa Roberts

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Rle7, May 3, 2008.

1. Springrain

Springrain Who was the 1980 Ventura County Jane Doe?

2. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

What a fascinating read!

3. LucyOso

LucyOso Verified Registered Nurse

I'm book marking. I swear she looks so familiar.

Ajaygee11 likes this.
  4. Fairy1

Fairy1 VOTE!!!

Is it just me or does it seem odd that Roth was willing to strangle this Doe and pump her full of bullets because she wouldn't have sex with him but he didn't even know her first name? I also didn't know that his older brother was also convicted of murder several years later.

5. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

It's odd, but this isn't the only case on here of a woman who seems to have been killed under similar circumstances. Some men just seem to think they're entitled to a woman's sexual services and get furious when they're crossed.

I suppose it's also possible he lied about not knowing her, but if he did, that would imply she was probably somebody from the area.

6. EmmaliLucia

EmmaliLucia New Member

As someone who is currently a 24-year old woman who has hitch-hiked and traveled it does not surprise me in the slightest. Nor does his brother going to jail for murder later on surprise me.

There's a small but very solid percentage of young men who get really scary when you tell them "no." I'd say probably about 5% of young men that I have met seem to think of women as nothing more than walking talking sex toys. If you want to get REALLY freaked out go to reddit some day and look up the subreddits redpill or incels or mgtow.

There's a reason why women carry around pepper spray and knives. But to have both brothers end up as killers makes me think that there was something about the way they were raised that made them believe that human beings aren't actually human beings, if that makes any sense.

7. Dewana

Dewana New Member

Pem Michelle Briggs. Missing since 1977. My half sister. I've been searching for her all my life.....

Attached Files:

broadviewren likes this.
  8. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi Dewana: I just sent you a private message.

9. KLCD620

KLCD620 Active Member

I think Dewana might found her at last. It's similar nose shape, eye brows, chin, crook lip and front teeth between sketch photos & living photo. All she need is living bio mother to submit DNA for potential match with Pem Michelle Briggs as her missing daughter. Let's cross our heart for that!

10. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for joining us. Pem is a very unusual name. Is there a story behind it? Also, on one of the other sites you've posted on,you stated she was 16 when she left home and was born in 1963. That would mean she went missing in 1979, which would exclude her from being this set of unidentified remains. Could the age she went missing or her birth year be wrong, by chance? I'm hoping CarlK helps you set up a profile for your sister in NamUs. The Dept. of Justice just had its funding restored for DNA testing, so this would be a good time to get that ball rolling if you haven't already. I would also recommend contacting the Doe Network and the Charley Project to also help with your search. We will all help as much as we can as well. Thank you again!

11. Romulus

Romulus Well-Known Member

Her not is in the Namus or Doe Network...

12. CarlK90245

Found this on another site.

http://www.voy.com/48081/2802.html

broadviewren likes this.
  13. taramarie

taramarie Well-Known Member

Found this on FB[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. CarlK90245

Too young to be this Jane Doe. :eek:fftopic: But WCJD perhaps?

15. theshadow45

theshadow45 Well-Known Member

Are there any other vital stats (height, weight, ect.) beyond DOB and approximate year of disappearance currently available for Pem Briggs?

16. CarlK90245

No. Not that I know of .

17. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

OT: I was thinking along those lines, too, CarlK, that Pem may not be this JD but perhaps another one. I was thinking along the lines of BG myself.

18. MysticJynx

MysticJynx Just Sayin'

Have you thought about making a Thread for Pem? Would help to know more too. Height would help. What Color are her eyes, Hard to tell from this pic they look brown. Did Pem have freckles? If Pem does have freckles and blue eyes, it might be worth it to take a look at El Dorado Jane Doe. To me they have a similar head shape chin and nose.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2813
    http://eldoradojanedoe.wix.com/home#!pictures

19. aThousandYearsWide

aThousandYearsWide Well-Known Member

Have isotopes been done on her yet? The suntan leads me to believe she may be from a more coastal area (like a beach town) or was more of a outdoorsy type (hiking a lot, being in the sun).

Roth mentioned that she said she lived with two men. What did these people do with her stuff after she never came back? I always have wondered that in any Doe case really. They had to have had belongings, so what happens to them? And I wonder if the men ever heard of the doe being found and putting two and two together. Maybe they were involved in illegal activity and didn't come forward for that reason.

I know it happens a lot in the cases of young hitchhikers, but I just can't fathom the whole, "you're not giving me sex, so I'm going to kill you". I just don't understand it.

20. theshadow45

theshadow45 Well-Known Member