Identified! WA - Snohomish Co., WhtFem 516UFWA, 15-22, hitchhiker, Aug 1977 - Lisa Roberts

Nice work - I agree with Springrain, it wouldn't hurt to submit!

Thanks anonymess. How are sleuthers submitting possible matches nowadays? Directly to LE? Doe Network? NamUs case managers?

I think Gilchrist is a good contender for SJD. The only thing is... the height is way off between the two. But perhaps, Gilchrist's height is incorrect.

I went back a few pages and took a look at the original sketch of SJD and Gilchrist's photo for comparison. I've attached a horizontal reversed image of the sketch and it looks like an older, mature Gilchrest! Same nose, same chin, and shape of face, despite the recent sketches having her face more broader and square.

Comparision.jpg

Thanks anonymess. How are sleuthers submitting possible matches nowadays? Directly to LE? Doe Network? NamUs case managers?

I think Gilchrist is a good contender for SJD. The only thing is... the height is way off between the two. But perhaps, Gilchrist's height is incorrect.

Best suggestion I have is to submit to NamUs plus her LE and you can also submit to the MP's LE.

Update: Per NamUs, the comparison info I recently presented for DIANE SUE GILCHRIST and SNOHOMISH JANE DOE has been sent to the investigating agencies for their review.

Have they ever showed the killer pictures of missing women to see if anyone of them may be her, you know, like how they show mugshots to victims/witnesses to see if they can identify a criminal?

I've been researching more missing person cases in Washington, Oregon, and across the nation, but a lot of the females are nowhere near the 70" height of Snohomish Jane Doe. Many are just three inches off. I'm starting to believe that SJD was never reported missing. Perhaps her family and friends think she just ranway and lived out a new life, never to be heard or seen again, much like the recent case of Reet Jurvetson, who was killed in 1969. Her family thought the same thing and never had her reported as missing. I'll try researching cases from Canada, too.

Also, on the thought that she could have been Canadian. I went over all nine pages of this thread and I have a few Canadian missing that have not been put up yet (At least. I don't think they have)

Lori Lee Kasprick who doesn't resemble the Jane Doe that much, BUT she was 5'11. Which is one inch taller than our Jane Doe.
I don't know about you, but if they found me and didn't know who I was they would probably list my height at 5'8. On my drivers license and when people ask I always round up and say that I am 5'9. So that is one possibility as to the discrepancy.

EmmaliLucia,

From my research so far, I agree about SJD could have been from Canada... and I, too, came across Lori Lee Kasprick, and due to her height of 71", she has been the closest to SJD's height from all the missing female cases I've searched through. In this recent article from June 2015, it states:

"The other details of that moment — what his sister was wearing, who she was with, what kind of car they were in — are all lost to time and memory. It was 1976. Rick was a teenager. He didn’t know then that it was the last time he would see his sister, or that it would take decades for anyone to fully realize she was missing."

and in 2013...

"... Lori Kasprick’s file was shipped back to the small RCMP detachment in Tofield where she was first reported missing by her father in 1976. The woman who had been missing for nearly 40 years officially became a missing person."

Lori also called home the first Christmas after she ran away, stating she was modeling in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, but it was never confirmed if she really was in the U.S.

I think Kasprick is a strong contender as being a 'possible' for Snohomish Jane Doe. Kasprick did have a gap between her front teeth, and there is a chance that she could have had that fixed with dental restorations for modeling or because of an accident. Anything is possible.

kasprick.jpg kasprick05.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3557dfab.html

Christine Thornton?
http://www.nampn.org/cases/thornton_christine.html

She's in NAMUS, but not on the rule out list. The height fits and the dates, but she was pregnant and had a toe deformity, which are not details listed for this UID.
Also, she's thought to be an Alcala victim.

I was thinking of her for this UID today, too! The time she went missing appears to be conflicting, though. I think NamUs lists it as 1976, and Nampn lists it as August of 1977, which I think might be past the date this girl was killed.

Is Christine Thornton in Doe Network and Charley Project? I'm having a difficult time finding a case file for her on either site.

Is Christine Thornton in Doe Network and Charley Project? I'm having a difficult time finding a case file for her on either site.

Here is her NamUs case file : https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26265/

I discovered this, too. Her sister has a blog posting inquiring about Christine in 2014, and she found out that Christine was in one of Rodney Alcala's photos, perhaps a victim. But, her sister was perplexed as she learned Christine called the Huntington Beach Police Dept. The detectives said Christine called them and identified herself as the woman in that picture. Christine is not listed on The Doe Network, nor The Charley Project, but is listed on the North American Missing Persons Network: http://www.nampn.org/cases/thornton_christine.html

https://plus.google.com/106410913134534926074/posts

My understanding is that woman called the PD and identified herself as the woman in the photo, but it wasn't Christine.

‘Jane Doe,’ Snohomish County event puts spotlight on ‘Missing and Unidentified Persons Month’ Posted 4:21 PM, May 13, 2016, by David Rose

She was brutally murdered in August of 1977, strangled and then shot seven times in the face by convicted killer David Roth. Police used her remains to create a sketch of what she may have looked like...

Next Thursday, May 19th, Det. Scharf and Victim Support Services will have a booth set up a The Snohomish County Superior Court Plaza on Rockefeller Ave. in Everett from 11am to 2pm to draw attention to all of these cases and they invite you to stop by for more information.

Have these girls been looked at?

Laurie Smith - findthemissing.org/cases/12469

Teresa Rhodes - findthemissing.org/cases/5133

Sallie Reed - findthemissing.org/cases/4188

Phyllis Berry - findthemissing.org/cases/2927

Laurie Smith's dentals don't match. Her four first-bicuspids were removed for braces when she was younger.

Phyllis Berry's upper front teeth were gapped.

Theresa Rhodes was too short, and just looking at her teeth, they don't look similar to Precious Doe's teeth.

Same goes for Sallie Reed. She was a little closer in height, but her teeth don't have the same distinctive look.

Laurie Smith's dentals don't match. Her four first-bicuspids were removed for braces when she was younger.

Phyllis Berry's upper front teeth were gapped.

Theresa Rhodes was too short, and just looking at her teeth, they don't look similar to Precious Doe's teeth.

Same goes for Sallie Reed. She was a little closer in height, but her teeth don't have the same distinctive look.

Hi CarlK
Do you by chance have the dental charts saved somewhere for this JD and Phyllis? I think it was Roselvr that said the both of you had tried to save as many as you could before NamUs took them out of the case files, and I see both have dental charts available.
Thanks!

Hi CarlK
Do you by chance have the dental charts saved somewhere for this JD and Phyllis? I think it was Roselvr that said the both of you had tried to save as many as you could before NamUs took them out of the case files, and I see both have dental charts available.
Thanks!

I did save quite a few dental charts using the Wayback Machine, but I was unable to retrieve the one from this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back