UID Michael Kevin

Found 6/18/09 missing 1/9/06 missing 12/4-9/08
Est Age 18-40 age 25 age 42
5'10" 6'0"-6'1" 6'0"
200-230 250-270 181
Hair ? brown/dirty blonde brown
eyes ? blue brown

UID
is likely not less than one to two weeks but could be considerably longer. Had marijuana and caffeine in system. There were present post mortem injuries and also he only wore undies and socks, but both can be attributed to a 'ride' down the river. No tattoos present, however, advanced decomp can't rule out tattoos.

Michael:
Suffers from shizophrenia and needs meds. Left care home on Bernard Ave and didn't return at expected time 11PM. Bank card used at midnight.

Kevin:
Tattoo of "raven on left chest", face paralysis.

Working on map for Michael/UID now.

Christine - the way I read this, the UID was in the river NOT LESS THAN 1-2 weeks and may have been there much longer.

"The absence of clothing may or may not be related to current, rocks, and so on.
The estimated time the body was in the river prior to discovery, is likely not less than one to two weeks but could be considerably longer. "

From article above.

Salem

Michael is 40-50 lbs heavier than the UID. We know that's accurate because he had recent medical treatments. That's significant.

It is possible he was traveling and lost weight in his trip south. The UID was found six months after Michael went missing. It is still worth looking at.

Christine - the way I read this, the UID was in the river NOT LESS THAN 1-2 weeks and may have been there much longer.

"The absence of clothing may or may not be related to current, rocks, and so on.
The estimated time the body was in the river prior to discovery, is likely not less than one to two weeks but could be considerably longer. "

From article above.

Salem

Thanks, I misread! I will edit my post.

I called it in. LE is now working on the potential match.

Awesome, can you give us more info? Describe what you did and how? It helps newbies see how this works! :D What LE did you call? How did they 'receive you'? yada yada

Awesome, can you give us more info? Describe what you did and how? It helps newbies see how this works! :D What LE did you call? How did they 'receive you'? yada yada

It was very simple.

First I called Kelowna RCMP and then Spokane County Medical Examiner. I gave the case reference numbers to them and explained why I thought it might be a match. They were both very pleasant, took the information, and thanked me. They encouraged me to call back to check on the status or submit any other tips. They made it clear they welcomed all the tips.

Kelowna RCMP also explained that the process will have to be started in Spokane.

RCMP said an investigator would be assigned to the case.

I was given a choice of identifying myself or remaining anonymous.

Just received from the Office of the Spokane County Medical Examiner:

We are currently in the process of arranging a dental comparison between Michael Bosma (missing) and our Unidentified Male from 2006. There are some strong characteristics that match between the two but our unidentified male has teeth that are in very poor repair. This characteristic does not appear to match Michael's but we will still have a dental comparison done to definitively rule him in or out.

Thank You for your interest. It is always helpful to have possible matches brought to our attention for possible comparison.

Excellent! Thanks for the update KivaSupporter. Obviously they believe it is close enough to compare dentals to rule in or out. glad to hear they have been so receptive!

Just learned from the Medical Examiner that "I followed up with the Royal Canadian M.P. department and gathered the dental records for Michael. These have been officially compared to our 2006 unidentified male and have conclusively ruled out Michael as a potential match."

Doe Network recently added the rule-out by dentals on the UID's page, and today they updated to say that he has been identified as Jeffery Weinandt, 37, from Chehalis, Washington. Michael did look like a good match for him, IMO.

Article: http://www.spokanecounty.org/News.aspx?news=298

Rest in Peace, Jeffery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500