Identified! WA - Spokane, WhtFem 16-30, UP489, AKA "Millie", skull found in '98, Jun'84 - Ruth Belle Waymire

Seems like someone sure went to a lot of trouble to ensure this poor woman was never identified. Means to me that she was a known individual that her family or friends would miss. I wonder why after all this time, much is still not known.

Up-thread someone posted about checking for MP's from Idaho in the same time frame..I looked and found 4 that would have been in the ranges, but I don't think they are matches, tho none of them are on the rule-out list. That list is the same as it was back in Sept.2012 as DippyBlonder posted.

There is one side-view of this Jane Doe's skull in NamUs, and I got ahold of some additional images.

The two facial reconstructions are terrible. The drawing depicts her with an extremely weak chin (which is the opposite of what is true), and a nose that is correctly depicted as prominent. I can see from the nasal bone that her nose projects prominently, but the bottom of her nasal aperture is positioned relatively high on the skull. So I would say that the drawing probably depicts her nose taller than what is true..

The sculpture doesn't even look human, although it was probably designed to portray the fact that she has a strong nose and strong chin, without providing specifics that might lead the viewer to mistake it as a true depiction of the woman's "look".

I decided to do my own reconstruction. Remember this is not intended to be an accurate depiction of her "look". We are told that the Jane Doe was petite and possibly blonde, but we know nothing about her hairstyle, nor do we know eye color, or the shape of her eyes, or the thickness of her lips.

This is just a portrayal of how I see her facial dimensions:

4f54043a-0f99-4261-bc0e-9d19ea89e9e3.jpg

b04743bb-d2f4-4e6d-ac16-2a608cb2ddbe.jpg

Note that the Jane Doe was missing all four wisdom teeth and all four second molars, and I would guess that her cheeks were a bit sunken (sort of like Tom Petty or Steven Tyler).

awesome work once again CarlK--great to see folks like yourself using today's technology and your artistic abilities to contribute to such a worthy cause. i hope this updated picture will help in identifying this woman.

I think she looks like the actress Kathleen Wilhoite. For me, the reconstructions are hard to match to pictures of people, so I sometimes find famous people who they look like and then look at missing persons pictures.

Does that make sense? I know, I'm weird.

The bottom line is that we are looking for a girl (probably blonde) with a chin that juts forward and is angular and pointy. The way that they lined up her mandible, it looks like she might have had a serious underbite (athough none of the upper front teeth are shown). She also had a prominent nose with a dorsal lump.

Since both the skull and mandible are tilted back in the frontal photo of the skull, the chin appears less pointy than it actually is. (I just revised the frontal drawings above to show that, although I didn't make the chin-revision in the video.)

The sculpture of her shown on her DoeNet page, though it looks very strange, was designed to make that point. But obviously, those prominent features are greatly exaggerated in the sculpture.

And she has two large moles on her neck. I didn't depict them in the drawings because I'm not sure where on the neck they are located.

I learn so much from you, CarlK! You really do some amazing work here. I think you're reconstructions will be very helpful in this case.

i meant to say previously that I think the killer knows who she is ( her background) and that's why he went thru the trouble to get rid of her "normal" identifying features--fingerprints, etc.
also, she may have been foreign born, wife of a serviceman (Fairchild (?) AFB), or something along those lines. As stated, I think Carl's work will help this case and other cases he's involved in.....

Wow, this thread caught my eye because I lived in Spokane for a good long time, including in 1984 when the partial remains of this unidentified woman were found. I don't recall ever hearing about the discovery. I subscribed to and regularly read the (now defunct) Spokane Chronicle. I lived within walking distance of the TJ Meenach Bridge, was single and would have been freaked out at the story. Wonder if it was not publicized or not publicized much. By the time the skull was discovered in 1998 I had moved from Spokane.

i don't know about the publicity aspect, as the only info i've run across is what's here on the thread/thru the links- you would think living there at the time it would've been a pop. story but then again.....you think LE knows more than they are saying? i have no idea or have searched about, say serial killers regarding this..who knows? anyhow, hopefully through this updated info and more of us looking now, we might be able to figure this one out! :)

This is a graphics utility called FaceGen Modeller that converts 2d facial images into 3d renderings.

The fully functioning edition is about $1000. But they offer a free version online which is limited in functionality, and doesn't let you do hairstyles, clothing, etc., and puts a company logo on the forehead.

I fed my frontal and side images of the 84 Spokane Jane Doe into this app, and this is what it came up with.

84 Spokane Jane Doe 3d - YouTube

:bump: Bumping for image revisions.

There is one side-view of this Jane Doe's skull in NamUs, and I got ahold of some additional images.

The two facial reconstructions are terrible. The drawing depicts her with an extremely weak chin (which is the opposite of what is true), and a nose that is correctly depicted as prominent. I can see from the nasal bone that her nose projects prominently, but the bottom of her nasal aperture is positioned relatively high on the skull. So I would say that the drawing probably depicts her nose taller than what is true..

The sculpture doesn't even look human, although it was probably designed to portray the fact that she has a strong nose and strong chin, without providing specifics that might lead the viewer to mistake it as a true depiction of the woman's "look".

I decided to do my own reconstruction. Remember this is not intended to be an accurate depiction of her "look". We are told that the Jane Doe was petite and possibly blonde, but we know nothing about her hairstyle, nor do we know eye color, or the shape of her eyes, or the thickness of her lips.

This is just a portrayal of how I see her facial dimensions:

4f54043a-0f99-4261-bc0e-9d19ea89e9e3.jpg
b04743bb-d2f4-4e6d-ac16-2a608cb2ddbe.jpg

Note that the Jane Doe was missing all four wisdom teeth and all four second molars, and I would guess that her cheeks were a bit sunken (sort of like Tom Petty or Steven Tyler).

I actually lived in the 2nd house off of Sherman on 7th Avenue in 1982 for about 6 months. The vacant lot was right across the street. I recall the being found there from the news, which totally freaked me out. I lived in an upper unit of a duplex and there was some really shady characters in the lower unit. I later found out by the news that one of the females living in the unit below me was found dead in a playground in the area. I recognized the sister that was on the news at the time of the murder. I was only 20 at the time and didn't live in that hood for long, thank god!

ETA: I recall when the murder was in 1984 and apparently it wasn't until later they found the skull.. I do remember both events in the news though. Pretty foggy in memory now.

If I recall, there was an arrest for the girl murdered and found in the playground, but being around the same time I have to wonder if the two murders are connected, given that the skull of the TJ Meenach woman was found across the street from the playground woman.
I wasn't following crimes or news much back then. Now it is hard to go back and remember the news that I did see!

Every time I see her reconstruction I want to go to my old best friend's house. The reconstruction looks just like her mother, I wonder if she had a family member that went missing, probably not, but it's one of those things where it's seriously spot-on.

Looking through the HS yearbooks from Spokane, I see a girl who was a senior in the 1983 West Valley HS yearbook who looks a lot like my frontal recon, except that she has a slightly freckly complexion, and the dorsum of her nose is narrower. The facial shape is spot-on. She is posing for the photo with her hand below her chin, so I can't see if she has any moles on her neck.

I'm not putting her name (or even initials) up yet until I do a little more research. So far, I can't locate her in any of the common sources.

the image(s) are looking great CarlK!
How nuts is that Pip? Wonder if they were all related? Nice to have a insiders look at the neighborhood, etc and goings on in that area during that time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back