Identified! WA - Spokane, WhtFem 16-30, UP489, AKA "Millie", skull found in '98, Jun'84 - Ruth Belle Waymire

I looked around in family search dot org. The name of her husband therein is (yes, publicly available):
"David Lee William Vaughan" as recorded in her publicly available Marriage Affidavit, born in 1945 in Keokuk, Iowa.

-Within family search dot or, there is also a guy with the "Trampas D.L. Vaughn" (jr acutally) that lived in the Chelan WA and was also born in Keokuk Iowa (per his marriage affidavit to a different lady).

Notice the different spelling of the surnames (VAUGHAN vs VAUGHN).....

-I don't know but I'm beginning to suspect they may be the same guy.

-I cannot find a Death record for either and California does a pretty good job in their death index. I will look some more.

Ruth seems to have lived her whole life in Washington. I found a marriage record from circa. Sep 1979 and that another one in circa. June 1981. Note that Ruth had filed for divorce from the 1979 man. I won't say the 1979 mans name as I respect his privacy and he was long gone when Ruth was murdered. The 1981 man was who we see in Othram's post. I, like Othram and LE, found no evidence of a divorce records from the 1981 man. I would have thought he would report her missing but who knows, the record may have been lost, or there's the more sinister outcome.

All of this info is sourced from Ancestry records.

Last edited:
Same thing goes for almost every other case we see identified so far. Most reported MP's were identified as Doe's from the 2000s to the mid-to-late 2010s. Now all you see is unreported missing people or reported missing people not in NamUs. You sometimes see the odd Doe identified as a MP like Linda Lebeau or Brenda Black but not normally to my knowledge...
Woah, glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed the early 2000s-2010s thing. I kind of thought I was crazy for thinking like that but seeing you say it as well makes me happy.

In July of 1984 a headless ,limbless torso was found floating in Lake Ontario by a boater near Syracuse NY.The Body was Identified in 2012 as a missing 14 year old Amherst NY girl by the name Nancy jo Scamurra . Coincidence or a serial Killer?II know very little about this missing case so i dont have a opinion. Nancy Jo just disappeared while walking her dog.You cant ignore the similarities and time line.

In July of 1984 a headless ,limbless torso was found floating in Lake Ontario by a boater near Syracuse NY.The Body was Identified in 2012 as a missing 14 year old Amherst NY girl by the name Nancy jo Scamurra . Coincidence or a serial Killer?II know very little about this missing case so i dont have a opinion. Nancy Jo just disappeared while walking her dog.You cant ignore the similarities and time line.

Well, it's almost 2500 miles from Spokane WA to Oswego NY so I'd say that's a stretch. Not impossible but that is quite the location difference.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennyboo
Back