WA WA - Teekah Lewis, 2, Tacoma, 23 Jan 1999

I don't think it's coincidence that Lenoria Jones, also an African-American toddler (4 y/o) disappeared from the area only four years prior. I think there is an abductor out there who targets African American children.

I wonder if Zina Linnik's murderer and the person of interest in Adre'Anna Jackson's case - Terapon Adhahn - has been considered.

I hope little Teekah can be found. :(

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/crime/story/1040458.html

23 Jan 10

The family of a Tacoma girl missing for 11 years will gather tonight for a candlelight vigil.

The remembrance for Teekah Lewis will start at 7 p.m. at the site where she disappeared – 4702 S. Center St. – the former New Frontier Lanes bowling alley. (The bowling alley was razed several years ago.)

“Another year gone,” Teekah’s mother, Theresa Lewis, said this week.

more at link

But mother Theresa Lewis said she received a new tip at the annual vigil for the missing girl last weekend, which she relayed to the police.

Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum said investigators have spoken to the tipster, whom he only described as an "area man." Fulghum said the tip prompted police to begin digging at the Rhododendron Garden at Point Defiance Park.

http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=11888685

I didn't know that there was a Teekah Lewis thread, and I didn't hear about this tip on our local TV either. I've been wanting to sleuth Teekah's disappearance, but it's probably hard with the length of time she's been gone. I can only say, I hope her family finds some closure soon. :(

Search for missing Tacoma girl proves fruitless

A stranger's "vision" about a Tacoma girl who was snatched from a bowling alley 11 years ago prompted police to search a section of Point Defiance Park on Wednesday.

But it was a fruitless search that got Tacoma detectives no closer to unraveling the mystery of what happened to little Teekah Lewis, a 2-year-old who vanished during a family outing on Jan. 23, 1999.

[snip]

The search "didn't turn up anything that would help us," Fulghum said Thursday. "They left last night just before dark, and we're not going back out today."

At this point, the tip is a dead end, though detectives will likely re-interview the man who had the vision, Fulghum said. He couldn't say if the man is a psychic, but Fulghum said he doesn't appear to have any connection with the case.

More: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010916756_webteekah28m.html

Lindsey's Day spotlights families of missing

[snip]

Saturday’s event, Lindsey’s Day of Hope and Awareness, was a gathering to support not only Lindsey’s families but all families with missing children. Friends and family of Nancy Moyer, the Tenino woman who disappeared 15 months ago, also participated, as did Theresa Lewis of Tacoma, the mother of Teekah Lewis, who disappeared at a Tacoma arcade bowling alley in January 1999.

Teekah turns 14 on July 4, she said.

“I told her I would be right back,” Theresa recalled about that night. She next remembers seeing her daughter in the arcade, and then she was gone.

[snip]

Lewis told the audience that her heart goes out to everyone who has a missing child.

“Teekah was my world, my everything. That person stole my heart from me,” she said about Teekah’s abductor. “Life is so empty without her.”

Awww I remember this precious little girl.

She is so beautiful. Prayers that she is found, and found safe.

A stranger's "vision" about a Tacoma girl who was snatched from a bowling alley 11 years ago prompted police to search a section of Point Defiance Park on Wednesday.

But it was a fruitless search that got Tacoma detectives no closer to unraveling the mystery of what happened to little Teekah Lewis, a 2-year-old who vanished during a family outing on Jan. 23, 1999.

snipped by me

Well, the odd thing about this "vision" is that Pt Defiance Park was also the site of the disappearance of Wallace Guidroz in 1983. 1983 was way before 1999 when Teekah Lewis disappeared, but I have seen articles in the local papers postulating whether some person or group has been taking African American children from the Tacoma area for decades.

I found a link to this from the article preceding this reply. I wonder if they're related:

From October 14, 2010:

Tacoma police arrested a 56-year-old man Wednesday night on suspicion of trying to lure a 3-year-old girl at a Sixth Avenue bowling alley.
The man was booked into Pierce County Jail on suspicion of child luring.

For The Missing: Pacific Northwest Just returned from a candlelight vigil for Teekah Lewis, missing 12 years today. Please continue to spread her photos and information to help bring her home.

Charley Project: Teekah Latres Lewis - Tacoma WA, 1999
2-year-old Teekah Lewis disappeared from New Frontier Lanes bowling alley in Tacoma, Washington at approximately 10:30 pm on January 23, 1999. Teekah would be 14 years old today.

Help Find Teekah Lewis Facebook group

The vigil was good. About 30 people there. Mostly family, but not all. Positive thoughts go out to all of them.

1999 Child Kidnapping Case Gets Fresh Look

The mother of a toddler who disappeared from a Washington state bowling alley more than 12 years ago is hoping renewed interest in the case will result in new leads.

"I have been through hell in the years since she has been gone," Theresa Lewis told AOL News. "My daughter vanished out of thin air and nobody knows anything. All I want is closure. I need to know what happened to my daughter."

[snip]

Lewis does not believe Adhahn had anything to do with her daughter's disappearance and said she still feels her daughter is alive today. She suspects Teekah could be in Florida and thinks a former acquaintance could have snatched the little girl.

"Prior to Teekah's disappearance, [this individual's] mother asked me if she could have her," Lewis said. "She did not have a girl. I told her no way, she is my daughter. Then, Teekah comes up missing. I've not heard from him since March 1999. Never once has he got in touch with me in the last 12 years to check on things."

Aguirre said that in 2009 investigators had "a person of interest in Florida" and went there to speak with that individual. She did not elaborate on what, if anything, was learned.

[snip]

HLN's Nancy Grace will cover the girl's disappearance on her new show, "Nancy Grace: America's Missing." The show debuted last month and has a goal of "finding 50 people in 50 days." The episode featuring Teekah is scheduled to air at 8 p.m. EST Friday.

Much more: http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/09/teekah-lewis-kidnapping-case-gets-fresh-look/

Teekah's case is going to be on Nancy Grace, America's Missing tomorrow!!!

Teekah Lewis: Nancy Grace America's Missing

teekah-blog-post.jpg

Who can forget the smiling face of beautiful 2-year-old, Teekah Lewis? She was with her family, out for a night of fun, at a bowling alley when she disappeared just 10 feet away from her mother.

Her mother looked away for what she says was just seconds to watch her brother bowl. When she turned back around, her daughter was missing. Immediately, she searched high and low for Teekah who was shy and frightened of strangers. The security guard even made an announcement to everyone at the 32 lane alley to be on the look out, but somehow despite being a packed bowling alley no one saw what happened to the girl. Thirteen years later police say Teekah’s case is a cold case. There are no suspects, and nothing to currently go off of that could lead them to the toddler.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/10/teekah-lewis-nancy-grace-america’s-missing-2/

Just saw Natisha Lance on HLN News talking about Teekah w/ the anchor. :)

Really looking forward to Teekah's story tonight. Her mother will be on.

For The Missing: Pacific Northwest
‎2-year-old Teekah Lewis was kidnapped from a Tacoma, Washington bowling alley in 1999. Tune in TONIGHT to Nancy Grace America's Missing on HLN at 6:00 pm pacific time to see Teekah's story! And don't forget to add her Facebook page! Help Find Teekah Lewis

It is frightening to think that she could be gone so quickly with all the family around! :eek:

And this area is known to be "safe", you know?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back