WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

^Maybe he knew he could be traced by phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But he also can't communicate with anyone else... makes me then worry about suicide.

Oh geez, that is very true. I hadn't thought of that. :(

^Maybe he knew he could be traced by phone.

That's what I was thinking, too. It's also so easy nowadays to purchase disposable/no-contract prepaid phones with 2nd party sim cards with really good plans up to 1 year. Once you have both, you're up and running within minutes with a new phone number and with text messaging–basically living off the grid and out of sight of commercial mobile carriers. Black Wireless sims cards and any $50 AT&T No Contract GoPhone are compatible with each other and can be purchased anywhere like Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon. This is the phone and sim card I use. He could have had them all set and ready for use before he went missing.

Oh geez, that is very true. I hadn't thought of that. :(

Are we allowed to post things that are public FB pages?
This quote was from a cousin: "We want our cousin Tyler to be found safe and to be with the family" <-- the wording of that makes me think they know he is intentionally gone?

^I agree. A smart kid like him could definitely put together a plan like that referenced by Kodiak. I really hope that's what has happened here.

Are we allowed to post things that are public FB pages?
This quote was from a cousin: "We want our cousin Tyler to be found safe and to be with the family" <-- the wording of that makes me think they know he is intentionally gone?

If there is a link, sure. Speaking of which... I was just looking at some of the comments on the FB pages of local media on Tyler. People are asking questions... like why there are no updates on his case.

If there is a link, sure. Speaking of which... I was just looking at some of the comments on the FB pages of local media on Tyler. People are asking questions... like why there are no updates on his case.

That's good...the media may move on from this if there isn't questions from the public. It's quite unusual there aren't updates, especially since it was deemed suspicious/endangered. I can't stop thinking about it as my husband grew up in that area and my in-laws are there.

And I don't think local new sources like KCPQ 13 with host, David Rose, would just let this case and story slide by the wayside. Rose has his Q13 show, Washington's Most Wanted and their facebook page also features Tyler. Out all the stations and reporters, Rose is the best for information and updates on cases, no matter how long time has passed. I know he won't let this one slip by or get covered up.

I think you're right, but the part that confuses me is why he would leave his phone if he ran away.....

If he ran away (theory) and left his phone (fact), he may have done so because he was just done with everything. My main reason for thinking that is from experience with a runaway girl. She threw her cell phone at her mom and literally ran off. She was only missing for a few hours (6 or so) before she was spotted and returned home, but she explained that the argument with her mom that made her run away was just the last drop in the bucket. They had a good relationship but there were other things that had so much pressure built up in her that she just did not want to deal with anything anymore, not even her mom who had been a big support to her, or her good friends. If something similar built up in Tyler he may have acted a bit less impulsive than the girl but he could have just felt he was at his limit and not wanting to deal with anything anymore. I just hope if that's the case that he didn't end up in wrong company, since he's been gone for six days now.

Tl;dr - the phone left at home in itself doesn't worry me. He may have not wanted to deal with anyone, plus not all kids are glued to their phones (I actually know some of those! lol)

I have not listened to ALL the media coverage, as most of what I have seen is just recycling information. Does anyone know if Tyler had a girlfriend? What are Tyler's friends saying about this? If he did run away I find it hard to believe that he did not tell someone something.

Is there an admin who could "sticky" a post with the relevant links? It appears they were keeping some things (e.g. the FB group) private at first, but the family has made it clear they want these things public:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Help-Find-Tyler-512302558976144/
Twitter: @helpfindtyler
Website: www.helpfindtyler.com (includes printable poster for putting up around the area)
Hash tags: &#8234;#&#8206;bringTylerhome&#8236; &#8234;#&#8206;TylerChristensen&#8236;
Media report with interviews:
[video=youtube;3fe0NvwIo9w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fe0NvwIo9w[/video]

I hope the police have contacted his ISP/Phone Service/etc. to possibly get whatever search history/call records/etc. he could of been looking at online or on his phone.

I feel he most likely left on purpose. <modsnip> I really hope he left on his own accord. :/

Is there an admin who could "sticky" a post with the relevant links? It appears they were keeping some things (e.g. the FB group) private at first, but the family has made it clear they want these things public:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Help-Find-Tyler-512302558976144/
Twitter: @helpfindtyler
Website: www.helpfindtyler.com (includes printable poster for putting up around the area)
Hash tags: &#8234;#&#8206;bringTylerhome&#8236; &#8234;#&#8206;TylerChristensen&#8236;
Media report with interviews:
[video=youtube;3fe0NvwIo9w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fe0NvwIo9w[/video]

I think I can start a Media Links Only thread, if not, we can ask a Mod to help set on up.

Muk is really not that religious. It is weird there's so many churches, but I think it's simply because they are all very small. It's unusual to be homeschooled here IMO.

Muk is really not that religious. It is weird there's so many churches, but I think it's simply because they are all very small. It's unusual to be homeschooled here IMO.

Snohomish County has seen a massive influx of immigrants from many different countries in the last 15+ years. Each culture brings their own churches and communal norms with them. Many start churches as a place to gather. It's difficult to find statistics on churches per capita in a specific county but having grown up there (and I mean *right there*) and having lived all over the country since then, I don't think the Edmonds/Lynnwood/Mukilteo area is any more religious than anywhere else.

As for homeschooling, Edmonds School District has it's own Home School Resource Center with an enrollment of about 500 K-12. If that were a K-12 private school, no one would think twice about it or call it weird.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonds_Homeschool_Resource_Center
http://www.greatschools.org/washington/edmonds/3480-Edmonds-Home-Resource-Center/

After living here for 12 years, I would definitely have my kids home schooled (if I had kids) from what my niece went through several years ago while attending Mukilteo schools. There seemed to be various groups of kids that were up to no good and ****gish. My niece got in with such a crowd and it led to her shoplifting and getting in all sorts of trouble. I also noticed these same types of youth in the Lynnwood, Edmonds, and Everett areas as well. I remember being out in public one day and heard some high school kids saying terrible things about their parents&#8211;out loud for all to hear. I can only say their words and tongue, and feelings for others were cold as ice. As a teenager, I rebelled. But these kids were more than that and had totally different agendas. Strange thing is, once my niece got on the straight and narrow and graduated, I no longer see these types of adolescents around here. Thank goodness. I can only presume that select generation was just screwed up with all sort of problems and those kids came in, clustered together, and faded away just as fast after graduating.

<modsnip> My sister was childhood friends with a local family while growing up. There were two sisters and they had an older teenage brother. They were a nice family, but the parents were some kind of ultra conservative Christians. My mother noticed from afar they treated their kids like slaves while doing chores. My sister said all three had to do chores endlessly everyday, and they were given limited amounts of time to play. Aside from this, most of all their time was for home schooling. After a few years of this, the boy called my mom for help stating his parents treated him more like property than a child. My mom really wanted to help him, but legally could not do so. So it was then my mom heard he was staying with another family we knew in the area. But from there, he eventually learned that if he went back, his parents were going to send him away to a boys school across the state. He then ran away again, and became homeless and drug addicted for a while. It was then that his sisters starting to rebel against the parents, they too, ran away&#8211;got into drugs, seedy people, had numerous abortions, etc. The good thing now is... they are all grown up and the boy is now a father with a beautiful family, and one of the girls is a married mother as well. What it all came down to was the parents and their extremist/cultish beliefs, as the children said they felt cornered, isolated from the world, and uncared for because of these parents. In fact, several years ago, I ran into their dad. After all these years, he was still droning on and on out his son's teenage ordeal that happened long ago. The father, I could tell, was not dealing with reality, and seemed to be living in the past. He seemed to have a really bad mental problem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back