WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"09-27-2006, 12:50 PM
annemc2
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1191505", true);

Interesting. I did some Googling and found out that being born without earlobes is a rare, recessive genetic trait. For example, one site said that Wilbur Wright had this trait.

He doesn't look like he had any other obvious deformities that would be associated with a congential problem like microtia ("little ear") or other birth defects. I wonder if he had any problems with hearing that is associated with these disorders?

It would be unusual (IMO) to have an accident that destroyed the earlobes bilaterally without doing other significant damage to the ears/face. If the had been in an accident and had reconstructive surgery, it seems to be standard practice to fix the lobes as well as the rest of the external ear. So I'm leaning towards genetics on this, which is quite interesting.

annemc2View Public ProfileSend a private message to annemc2Find all posts by annemc2Add annemc2 to Your Buddy List

post_old.gif
09-27-2006, 12:53 PM​

coldcaseman
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1191507", true);​

He alone is dead who has been forgotten​

I'm sorry, I didn't explain the term "missing ear lobes". They weren't removed, he never had them. Most people have lobes that droop (and seem to droop more when you get old!) A few people have no "lobe", which would make it tough to wear earrings. There was no book recovered, I found the connection to the book through a Google search. I bought the book through Amazon. I always felt Lyle was from a middle-upper income family. No signs he was involved in manual labor, no injuries, well read, articulate, clean, took care of his appearance, etc. I'm not saying that people from lower incomes don't have those traits, that was my impression."​

I found this in the grays habor thread so I was under the impression it wasn't that, but not sure what to make of it people with attached lobes may look lobeless so I don't know

From another forum, I found out that Chris Lane has unoffically been ruled out as Lyle. I still have yet to hear from Shumate about my email to him! When I do get my email from him, I will post it here

His nose is pretty wide, plus, he's abput 6 inches shorter.

Eye color is not consistent either. The Age Progression doesn't look like Lyle

CCM, I have a question for you- Did you make any autopsy findings suggesting Lyle might have been a smoker? This could help rule out any PMs who were smokers

From another forum, I found out that Chris Lane has unoffically been ruled out as Lyle. I still have yet to hear from Shumate about my email to him! When I do get my email from him, I will post it here

Eye color is not consistent either. The Age Progression doesn't look like Lyle

CCM, I have a question for you- Did you make any autopsy findings suggesting Lyle might have been a smoker? This could help rule out any PMs who were smokers
There was nothing to suggest that he was a smoker. No indications in the lungs, no staining of the teeth or fingers, and nothing on his clothing or in the motel room.

I searched the name "Stevik" on Facebook and found some Stevik's that were from Norway and Sweden- so maybe he could be of Norwegian or Swedish descent?

I searched the name "Stevik" on Facebook and found some Stevik's that were from Norway and Sweden- so maybe he could be of Norwegian or Swedish descent?

Stevik is not his real name! It was simply given to him! It was a character in a book! We don't know his real name, not yet anyway. Therefore, i doubt he was norwegian or swedish!

Stevik is not his real name! It was simply given to him! It was a character in a book! We don't know his real name, not yet anyway. Therefore, i doubt he was norwegian or swedish!

I know it's not his real name! I searched the name "Stevik" in case it had any nationality signifigance. Also to narrow down where the name "Stevik" could possibly come from!

While it is probable that he used the name of a character in a book, we can't overlook the possibility that it could just be a coincidence, and that his name is Stevik or Stevick, or some variation of that name.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1819dmid.html Patrick Beavers -this is the match I believe him to be still - I called seminole county about it last year to turn it in and they just told me it wasnt their case but they would pass the information on.

They didnt seem interested at all and even removed his page there (they had a page with blown up pics and one pic that doesnt show on doe network that resembled kyle strongly but the page has been removed now)

Patrick is originally from idaho and it even states he really loves to read and this name kyle came from a book - strong reasons I believe this is the guy.

When I first opened the link, I thought "No Way!", but once I studied his picture...I do see where you are coming from. Imagine him minus forty or fifty lbs. His eyes and eyebrows look similar as well.
also, the name was "lyle stevik", not kyle :)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1819dmid.html Patrick Beavers -this is the match I believe him to be still - I called seminole county about it last year to turn it in and they just told me it wasnt their case but they would pass the information on.

They didnt seem interested at all and even removed his page there (they had a page with blown up pics and one pic that doesnt show on doe network that resembled kyle strongly but the page has been removed now)

Patrick is originally from idaho and it even states he really loves to read and this name kyle came from a book - strong reasons I believe this is the guy.
IMO Patrick Beavers is defiantly NOT Lyle.. Patrick looks like he is a Puerto Rican or Cuban. Even if Patrick was 40 - 50 pounds lighter he still wouldn't look like Lyle.

Hi All:

I have not been in this thread in a while due to some family things and then being busy over the holidays.

I am still exploring the Navajo angle on this case... have been in contact with a tribal member and have discussed this case. She feels that his "canadian" accent could very likely have been Dineh (Navajo) because they have a lilt and and a sing-songy pattern to their speech. Also she is familiar with this ear problem and it is very common in the Navajo from what she's shared with me. She also told me suicide is not spoken about in their culture and killing yourself brings shame and bad luck upon your family- SO-- if people do it, they tend to travel away as to not bring bad luck upon those around them. This could also explain why there was an elaborate effort made on his part to conceal his identity.

I am exploring this further with contacts in that community and if anything pans out I will post more here.

Patrick as diagnosed with incurable condition causing blindness retinitis pigmentosa. Don't know exactly what that means, but you would think they could detect this in Lyle.

The scars listed for the two men are different. If Lyle had a tracheotomy scar I think they would have listed it because that would be a major clue to his identity. Also the Retinitis Pigmentosa that Patrick had/has only affects about 100,000 people in the US, so if they had found it during the autopsy they would have been contacting treatment centers and doctors for information about his identity, and made it public as it would aide in his identification. That is why I think they are not the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unsilent_bob