WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I'm posting this here because, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to create a new post in this forum. I'm guessing maybe that feature is disabled on purpose.

Anyway, I am a documentary filmmaker and like everyone else on this forum, I've long had a fascination with the Lyle Stevik case. I'm in the process of finishing up a feature-length documentary and have been toying with the idea of creating a documentary about Lyle Stevik. I'd like to travel to Washington (and probably Meridian, Idaho) and visit the places Lyle visited and talk to the last people to see him (alive and dead). I'd also like to investigate possible matches and see if I can move the case forward.

It's only at the idea stage right now, but I'm curious what people on this forum think of this possibility. [modsnip].

Like I said, it's only an idea at this stage, but I did come up with a title for the film, probably somewhat obvious,: For The Room.

Hey all,

I'm posting this here because, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to create a new post in this forum. I'm guessing maybe that feature is disabled on purpose.

Anyway, I am a documentary filmmaker and like everyone else on this forum, I've long had a fascination with the Lyle Stevik case. I'm in the process of finishing up a feature-length documentary and have been toying with the idea of creating a documentary about Lyle Stevik. I'd like to travel to Washington (and probably Meridian, Idaho) and visit the places Lyle visited and talk to the last people to see him (alive and dead). I'd also like to investigate possible matches and see if I can move the case forward.

It's only at the idea stage right now, but I'm curious what people on this forum think of this possibility. [modsnip].

Like I said, it's only an idea at this stage, but I did come up with a title for the film, probably somewhat obvious,: For The Room.

That's one of the best news I've heard in a while! I love the idea and think the title you chose is very creative. [modsnip]

I don't know what you need to make a documentary, but I'm willing to help in any way I can. [emoji2]

Hey all,

Welcome to Websleuths! I'm not sure but I think you need 25 posts before making a thread.
<modsnip>

Hey all,

Very cool. If nothing works out in the States, let me know and I will forward your info to my sister. She works on reality TV show production here in Canada and might be able to put you in contact with a few people.

Best of luck!!

Could this young fellow have been abducted and grown up to become "Lyle"?

https://missingkids.ca/app/en/missing_children_database

"Jérôme Cantet
Date Of Birth: Jul 11, 1981 Missing Since: Dec 14, 1991 Missing from: Paris, FRANCE Additional Information: Jerome Cantet was last seen in a shopping mall in Paris, France. Eyes: Green, Hair, Brown "

Hi All! I'm new to posting here but have been fascinated by this case since I heard of it.

Just signed up here because I wanted to add another possible match into the mix and see what you guys thought. I haven't seen him mentioned anywhere on the thread(s) unless I missed it.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cannon_benjamin.html

Welcome!!!!
The height, weight, and dates are a good call; well done!
The facial structure does not match up for me though.
What a cute kid. It must be so hard for his parents. : (

Welcome!!!!
The height, weight, and dates are a good call; well done!
The facial structure does not match up for me though.
What a cute kid. It must be so hard for his parents. : (

Nice to meet! I agree, some of the pictures look spot on and some not so much. I figured there was a possibility he could have looked different in photos or with weight loss. Anyway, it was worth a try.

Nice to meet! I agree, some of the pictures look spot on and some not so much. I figured there was a possibility he could have looked different in photos or with weight loss. Anyway, it was worth a try.

Yes - let's have other people weigh in; one set of eyes is never enough with these cases. So happy to have you on the thread! Welcome again!

Welcome to Ws sleuthyj, thanks for the good suggestion!

During the holidays I have to wonder if "Lyle's" family is thinking of him, looking for him, and wondering where he is?
How is it possible that someone this distinctive looking can't be identified? It really defies logic.
I have, however, come to the conclusion that due to the proximity of the 9/11 catastrophe, he was somehow tied to, or deeply effected by the event.
I hate to think it, but I'm going to see if I can find any "suspected POI" associated with that event that have never been found.
You just never know. The closeness in dates of the event and his demise suggest a connection.

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! :grouphug:

Unfortunately another year without Lyle being identified but hopefully 2015 will be his year!

This article says there was a letter explaining situations that led to his suicide decision?! This is the first I have heard of this. Does anyone know the content of that letter?!!!!

I saw that too. I'd like to know about this "letter", because we never got any info about one whatsoever when CCM was on here. I suggested sending the page off to Lyle's case worker and getting their opinion. Most of the stuff on that page is based on info from DN and wherever else.

Update on the "letter" bit - it was a misinterpretation of some info from the DN page about the note(s) that he had left.

On the other hand, who is still baffled by the "SUICIDE" note? Who wrote it?!

Update on the "letter" bit - it was a misinterpretation of some info from the DN page about the note(s) that he had left.

On the other hand, who is still baffled by the "SUICIDE" note? Who wrote it?!

There is no suicide note; see here from Doe net. I will include that with the edit

The fact he wrote the word "suicide" on a piece of paper found in the trash leads authorities to believe he wrote a letter home, telling someone of his intentions, that he was going to disappear, so they aren't looking for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member