WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodgerchick, I'm glad your back and feeling better.
Thanks for posting the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry folks , I've been horribly sick for the last few weeks. I'm just now going through all the posts I missed. Sure I'll share. First I'll start by sharing mine:

33% Scandinavia (Norwegian and Denmark)
29% Irish
26% Swiss
10% Italy/Greece
1% Iberian Peninsula
1% Great Britain

#1 daughter came back as:

1% African Ivory Coast/Ghana
1% African Southeastern Bantu
23% Native American
2% Asia Central
26% Great Britain
15% Italy/Greece
10% Europe West
8% Scandinavia
5% Iberian Peninsula
3% Ireland
2% Europe East
2% Finland/Northwest Russia
1% European Jewish
1% Middle Eastern

#2 daughter came back as:

16% Native American
31% Scandinavia
24% Italy/Greece
10% Ireland
10% Iberian Peninsula
2% Europe West
2% Great Britain
2% European Jewish
1% Europe East
1% Finland/Northwest Russia

I listed all the trace amounts too because they are SO crazy. Now. Keep in mind both my daughters have the same father, who is Mexican. His parents were born in California, but his grandparents were born in Mexico. #1 daughter is Olive complected, brown hair and brown eyes, #2 daughter is ivory complected with green eyes and light brown hair. All of the ethnicities that came up in my daughters' DNA that aren't mine are obviously from my husband's side and he always swore that he was "just" Mexican. Lol
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry, I've been sick too, still not feeling that great. Found out that I was recently infected with mono which is rare for someone 50 years old. Hope you're feeling better.

Did you test him?

Wondering if you tested your hub too. Very interesting that he has Native American heritage. Have you done a tree to try to figure out what type of Native American he has? Ancestry does not have a large Native database, so whatever type he has is one they do have. You should hop over to my DNA for genealogy thread, I gave some links yesterday where you can upload the results to My Heritage as well, you may end up getting matched to someone with a large tree thru DNA. I uploaded ours last week, it's not done processing yet. Getting impatient waiting lol

Sorry folks , I've been horribly sick for the last few weeks. I'm just now going through all the posts I missed. Sure I'll share. First I'll start by sharing mine:

33% Scandinavia (Norwegian and Denmark)
29% Irish
26% Swiss
10% Italy/Greece
1% Iberian Peninsula
1% Great Britain

#1 daughter came back as:

1% African Ivory Coast/Ghana
23% Native American
2% Asia Central
26% Great Britain
15% Italy/Greece
10% Europe West
8% Scandinavia
5% Iberian Peninsula
3% Ireland
2% Europe East
2% Finland/Northwest Russia
1% European Jewish
1% Middle Eastern

#2 daughter came back as:

16% Native American
31% Scandinavia
24% Italy/Greece
10% Ireland
10% Iberian Peninsula
2% Europe West
2% Great Britain
2% European Jewish
1% Europe East
1% Finland/Northwest Russia

I listed all the trace amounts too because they are SO crazy. Now. Keep in mind both my daughters have the same father, who is Mexican. His parents were born in California, but his grandparents were born in Mexico. #1 daughter is Olive complected, brown hair and brown eyes, #2 daughter is ivory complected with green eyes and light brown hair. All of the ethnicities that came up in my daughters' DNA that aren't mine are obviously from my husband's side and he always swore that he was "just" Mexican. Lol

Each of us pulls different genetic amd DNA strands from ancestors which is why each kid has similar and different strands. :) Cool thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sorry, I've been sick too, still not feeling that great. Found out that I was recently infected with mono which is rare for someone 50 years old. Hope you're feeling better.

Holy cow, mono is a nightmare. I had mono when I was 14-15. I was so ill I had to be hospitalized almost 2 weeks and it took me 1 year to recuperate.
I was never the same and I still have the Epstein Barr virus in me blood. I blame mono on many of my chronic pain probs, gallbladder disease/CFS & Fibro.
I pray you fare much better than me & take it as easy as you can and then some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodgerchick... I find the results you posted for your dna profiles very interesting. My husband and I have considered doing the test just to see what it will say about each of us but we've not acted on that thought just yet. I still have my reservations about it for a few reasons, mostly I'm concerned about privacy. But the science is amazing nonetheless. Maybe one day I'll feel more comfortable and be able to do it.

Your daughters dna's blow me away. Same mother and father yet such different profiles.

It's really a neat thing; you should reconsider. I did not know my biological father until I was in my 30s and he passed away shortly after so I only knew what I "was" from my mother's side of the family. I was blown away to find out I was Irish! Ancestry.com gives you the opportunity of participating in their DNA study but it's optional. You can totally opt-out. I did. Only because I was lazy and didn't want to have to answer questions or take surveys. Lol. I'm so glad we did it!

Did you test him?

No. He's being a butthead. Lol. Originally we bought the two kits for my daughters but they said "were going to come out the SAME, we should have dad take one." Lol as you can see that wasn't correct as they came out so different from each other. His cousin did do the test and told us it said she was Jewish, so we know that came from his side. Also it makes sense that "Mexican" didn't come up because it's not an actual ethnicity is it? I mean, they came up Native American (which I'm sure is Mayan or Aztec) and Iberian Peninsula (Spain).

Wondering if you tested your hub too. Very interesting that he has Native American heritage. Have you done a tree to try to figure out what type of Native American he has? Ancestry does not have a large Native database, so whatever type he has is one they do have. You should hop over to my DNA for genealogy thread, I gave some links yesterday where you can upload the results to My Heritage as well, you may end up getting matched to someone with a large tree thru DNA. I uploaded ours last week, it's not done processing yet. Getting impatient waiting lol
Thats rough I had mono in my 20s and it was the most awful thing ever I cannot imagine getting it at that age. So sorry that is awful. Hope you feel better. And have a quick recovery. [emoji21]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thats rough I had mono in my 20s and it was the most awful thing ever I cannot imagine getting it at that age. So sorry that is awful. Hope you feel better. And have a quick recovery. [emoji21]
Holy cow, mono is a nightmare. I had mono when I was 14-15. I was so ill I had to be hospitalized almost 2 weeks and it took me 1 year to recuperate.
I was never the same and I still have the Epstein Barr virus in me blood. I blame mono on many of my chronic pain probs, gallbladder disease/CFS & Fibro.
I pray you fare much better than me & take it as easy as you can and then some.

Thanks so much. The only reason that I know I have mono is because I recently read the article below about mono and EBV. I had chronic tonsillitis growing up until they were removed right before my 18th birthday. I was never diagnosed with mono but the article made me question whether I did have it. My GP was floored when she saw recent infection on my results. I love my GP; she does pretty much whatever I ask. She never questioned testing me for EBV just said ok, anything else? lol I have a bad back from a failed lumbar fusion, also have another 4 or so bad disks, so I'm in pretty bad shape to begin with; have been sick since Aug, so the mono is really kicking my butt bad.

I sent you a PM about your medical issues, but if anyone has similar medical problems you can PM me.

Could childhood kissing disease be the root of your mystery illness?

It's really a neat thing; you should reconsider. I did not know my biological father until I was in my 30s and he passed away shortly after so I only knew what I "was" from my mother's side of the family. I was blown away to find out I was Irish! Ancestry.com gives you the opportunity of participating in their DNA study but it's optional. You can totally opt-out. I did. Only because I was lazy and didn't want to have to answer questions or take surveys. Lol. I'm so glad we did it!

I agree, it's really cool, especially if you have a tree to connect your matches that way.

No. He's being a butthead. Lol. Originally we bought the two kits for my daughters but they said "were going to come out the SAME, we should have dad take one." Lol as you can see that wasn't correct as they came out so different from each other. His cousin did do the test and told us it said she was Jewish, so we know that came from his side. Also it makes sense that "Mexican" didn't come up because it's not an actual ethnicity is it? I mean, they came up Native American (which I'm sure is Mayan or Aztec) and Iberian Peninsula (Spain).

I hope he stops being a butt head so you can see how much Native American and what ever else he has.

Thanks so much. The only reason that I know I have mono is because I recently read the article below about mono and EBV. I had chronic tonsillitis growing up until they were removed right before my 18th birthday. I was never diagnosed with mono but the article made me question whether I did have it. My GP was floored when she saw recent infection on my results. I love my GP; she does pretty much whatever I ask. She never questioned testing me for EBV just said ok, anything else? lol I have a bad back from a failed lumbar fusion, also have another 4 or so bad disks, so I'm in pretty bad shape to begin with; have been sick since Aug, so the mono is really kicking my butt bad.

I sent you a PM about your medical issues, but if anyone has similar medical problems you can PM me.

Could childhood kissing disease be the root of your mystery illness?
Oh my goodness... I read the link you shared. I will ask my NP to check me when I'm in his office next. This may very well be part or all of the answer to some of my mystery health issues. It's worth being tested just to see. I mean a test cost virtually nothing dollar wise.
I agree, it's really cool, especially if you have a tree to connect your matches that way.

I hope he stops being a butt head so you can see how much Native American and what ever else he has.
May I ask... if you did this DNA testing can you opt out of people being able to find out who you are?

I'm not so sure I would want to know who I share dna with. I've only considered it in the past to find out what my true heritage is. I've been told I'm mostly German desent. It would come in handy if I were to ever go missing as well. But I just have a reluctance to do it because I'm not so sure I want to be connected to other people in my leniage. The science is awesome, no doubt, I think I have a problem thinking (maybe stinking thinking) that it would open up doors I may not want opened. Sorry... the world is full of scary people.

Oh my goodness... I read the link you shared. I will ask my NP to check me when I'm in his office next. This may very well be part or all of the answer to some of my mystery health issues. It's worth being tested just to see. I mean a test cost virtually nothing dollar wise.

May I ask... if you did this DNA testing can you opt out of people being able to find out who you are?

I'm not so sure I would want to know who I share dna with. I've only considered it in the past to find out what my true heritage is. I've been told I'm mostly German desent. It would come in handy if I were to ever go missing as well. But I just have a reluctance to do it because I'm not so sure I want to be connected to other people in my leniage. The science is awesome, no doubt, I think I have a problem thinking (maybe stinking thinking) that it would open up doors I may not want opened. Sorry... the world is full of scary people.

Not sure about opting out; your better off taking that to the DNA thread I started.

I also have a connective tissue disorder that many get a wrong diagnosis of fibro. It causes all sorts of health issues; headaches are connected to it. You can PM me if you want.

Not sure about opting out; your better off taking that to the DNA thread I started.

I also have a connective tissue disorder that many get a wrong diagnosis of fibro. It causes all sorts of health issues; headaches are connected to it. You can PM me if you want.
Thank you ma'am. I'll look for the thread! Very interesting stuff.

Thank you ma'am. I'll look for the thread! Very interesting stuff.

Sorry was on my cell last night, very hard to reply from it.
Has anyone done their DNA for genealogy?

There are a few people replying that may be able to answer your questions better then I can. Tulessa asked a similar question. You can always ignore any messages you get. I personally have only gotten a few, one for my hub from a 2nd cousin on his fathers side, another from a cousin on his mothers, one about my son's DNA but no one about mine or my daughters. The samples show as initials on the DNA match page. Once people do their DNA a lot don't log back in. My daughters aunt hasn't even logged in to see it because she couldn't figure it out lol I gave her the instructions on how to do it. If you're only doing DNA with no tree, people may not contact you at all. Most are interested in the trees. My tree is private.

Lyle looks Native American, you can see it in his photos. I don't post much and been a member for awhile. I read every post with Lyle. I'm going to start sending photo's to every Indian reservation. I know these reservation's has there own rules on people going missing so he may have never been reported. It may be a long shot but worth it. I also know he traveled a lot due to his Isotope testing but still think he came from a tribe. I don't think it had anything to do with 9/11. I think he was running from something, maybe his own demons. This is just my opinion.

I'm going to start sending photo's to every Indian reservation. I know these reservation's has there own rules on people going missing so he may have never been reported. It may be a long shot but worth it.

I think that is a great idea! Even if the police perhaps did send his picture to Indians reservation back in 2001 , doing so now maybe helpful, as people who did not want to talk then might want to talk now

I wonder if Lyle could have been gay and was waiting for someone to meet him. Would being a gay make him difficult for him if he was living on a reservation? Was homosexuality easily accepted among Native people in 2001? Heartbreak can cause a loss of weight...

I agree and you are right, he may have been gay. I 'm going to send messages and pics to every Indian Reservation I can think of. Thank You! I don't know if he is but know there is a reason for him commiting suicide.

Just a quick update that I don’t I have any new information yet. I think the best thing at this time would gather all the info I have and connecting LE to private labs, etc, instead of me acting as the middleman. There are just way too many nuances, facts and other things that I don’t have and it would be best if I just communicate all the basics and see what happens. I will continue to let everyone know if there is anything new.

I just stumbled on some strange stuff. Try looking at Levity Elks, it is an anagram for LS. I am still exploring so can't elaborate on it at the moment. It is possible its just junk.

Note the hand writing on the document and compare to Lyle's printed words on the hotel sign in sheet.

http://www.tanispodcast.com/shownotes/2016/5/3/tanis-episode-202-levity-elks

Interesting. Don’t know what to think but it’s definitely worth exploring further. Do you have any idea where the document is coming from? Where was it obtained from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500