WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question. I've been following this for awhile, but it's impossible to go through all the posts to answer my question. Since the only address associated with LS is the one in Meridian, has anyone thought to try to get yearbooks from the local high schools? There's like 7 of them. I know that we can only speculate age, but if we tried to get yearbooks from 1987 to 1998 and took a peek, I wonder if we would find him. Just a thought. I know it's a monumental task, but we're spinning our wheels anyway it seems.

I guess I should've read the posts right before mine! I was concentrating on earlier threads! Since LS is listed as being 20 to 30 I figured that would take us back to '87 if he was older at his TOD.

I'm inclined to agree with you, keeleydoll.
It raises the question, though: did Lyle just look 20-30? Or is there biological evidence that places him firmly in that age range? Is it possible that he was someone who looked young for his age?

I'm inclined to agree with you, keeleydoll.
It raises the question, though: did Lyle just look 20-30? Or is there biological evidence that places him firmly in that age range? Is it possible that he was someone who looked young for his age?

Determination of age of Does or unknown persons in autopsy is estimated by examining specific skeletal markers. Estimates seem to vary up to about 10 years.
e81faefcdbe44397c1bedf6c5b38298b.png
314dd6682086adad318bc6b4f15c7070.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I took a forensics class a couple of years ago, they told us that in most cases, it's hard to estimate the precise age of an adult human. Adolescents are pretty easy because of things like tooth development, growth plates in the long bones, skull sutures, and so on. Past a certain age, things like arthritis, tooth wear, continued smoothing of skull sutures, etc. become prominent. But between about 20 and 45, there's not a lot to differentiate.

He doesn't have the attached earlobes. The docs on Scribd show one where Lyle's age is estimated 30-40. The face after the post mortem is not representative as the facial skin is pulled back up. Also on one pic you see wrinkles next his ear. Could be though result of the blood sinking away.

I think the maid had spoke with him on Saturday morning.

Saturday the cleaner opened the door because he didn't answer her knocking. He was in the room and only wanted towels. Sunday she saw him and he didn't want the room cleaned. Source is Lyle Stevik 1 doc on Scribd. Released due to Foia request. I have to say that above statements are from Brannon, the owner.

He doesn't have the attached earlobes. The docs on Scribd show one where Lyle's age is estimated 30-40. The face after the post mortem is not representative as the facial skin is pulled back up. Also on one pic you see wrinkles next his ear. Could be though result of the blood sinking away.

We can't see in that picture whether or not he has attached earlobes.

Yes my bad, I meant that Jean's earlobes are rounder and fleshier than Lyle's. Anyways let's see what comes out of this.

Yes my bad, I meant that Jean's earlobes are rounder and fleshier than Lyle's. Anyways let's see what comes out of this.

No worries. I was at work, so sorry about the short posts :) I just always felt he was trying to cross the border and was turned away. Is he Canadian? Who knows. I just want to spark some interest there too.

Do we even know if this guy is missing? I didn't read the other forum, one of the reasons I don't frequent that one is because it's hard for me to follow.

I don't know, and I agree about hard to follow.

I gathered that somebody who used to do "rubber trekking" with him--whatever that is--recognized a photo, and they're now trying to track down more information.

I also gathered that this isn't a question of finding a similar guy, this is someone they all knew well and haven't seen in a long time.

I might be wrong on both conclusions :p

I don't know, and I agree about hard to follow.

I gathered that somebody who used to do "rubber trekking" with him--whatever that is--recognized a photo, and they're now trying to track down more information.

I also gathered that this isn't a question of finding a similar guy, this is someone they all knew well and haven't seen in a long time.

I might be wrong on both conclusions :p

I appreciate your interpretation :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members