NC Wadesboro, Wht Fem, UP114419, 20-40, May 2022 (seen when alive)

Edit: I also failed to mention the oddity of her only wearing a bra and leggings.
If this is related to mental health/drugs, the woman could have taken her top off and left it somewhere in the woods (or wherever she came from) in some kind of psychosis. Alternatively, it could have gotten snagged on a branch or briar vine, torn, and fell off while she was wandering the woods.

Has Ann Marie Willis / Ann Marie Pritchett been considered? Strikingly similar aquiline nose, on the taller and heavier side. From NC with date of last contact July 2021. Has also had a couple of children and has that tell tale belly seen in pic provided. Also, I don’t think UP necessarily has blonde hair seeing as bra and leggings were described as being black in color yet appear beige and pink respectively. Poking around FB and can’t shake the resemblance.

Attachments

• 70DA3692-CF50-47EB-A573-C2AE54F8C939.jpeg
    70DA3692-CF50-47EB-A573-C2AE54F8C939.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 16
Has Ann Marie Willis / Ann Marie Pritchett been considered? Strikingly similar aquiline nose, on the taller and heavier side. From NC with date of last contact July 2021. Has also had a couple of children and has that tell tale belly seen in pic provided. Also, I don’t think UP necessarily has blonde hair seeing as bra and leggings were described as being black in color yet appear beige and pink respectively. Poking around FB and can’t shake the resemblance.
id submit this one if you havent already

id submit this one if you havent already
What is the the best way to do so? I’ve suggested a couple matches on different cases and you can almost hear the eye roll over the phone. It’d be an anomaly if someone cared! MOO

These photos are disturbing af I wonder if she had been r*ped or SA'd while out in the woods with a guy or something. They could've been on drugs and things went south. The most creepy details are that she doesn't really seem desperate for any help or freaked the f out for being out in the woods alone in the dark at almost 5am.

How far were the trail cams from some type of house or was it close to any highways? This is the type of stuff you hope to run into when you go ghost hunting for fun in the woods with your friends...

seriously though it looks as though she escaped a bad situation but barely made it out alive. It's like something out of a horror movie I can't believe it's real.

What is the the best way to do so? I’ve suggested a couple matches on different cases and you can almost hear the eye roll over the phone. It’d be an anomaly if someone cared! MOO
I would send emails to NamUs and the investigating agency. For the investigating agency (since it will more than likely be read by the investigator(s) personally, I would feel more comfortable elaborating on why you think this is a match. Include some links, maybe outline with bullet points. I think some people have actually written mini presentations (like with Word or Google Docs) and then attached it to the email. Doe Network has a match form you fill out on their website.

I have submitted once before, in early January. Haven't heard anything back (aside from the automated "we got it" message), but I also did it via NamUs and Doe Network (not everyone has a profile on DN) and chose to wait before emailing the department directly. The latter is more intimidating. II have a match I really care about but I also have to fight the feelings of messing with something I shouldn't. Can you tell my fatal flaw is overthinking? Lol.

In many cases I see other members saying "could it be person X?" and I think to myself, no, it looks nothing like them.

But in this case, the deceased in the video looks SO MUCH like April Reid that I'm struggling to believe it isn't her. I hope LE didn't somehow mistakenly rule her out.
I have to agree here. The two women look exactly alike and the circumstances of their mobility are incredibly similar it's eerie to think how it could NOT be her. I have seen some claims over on Reddit she's been ruled out due to dental records though, but I haven't seen mentioned anywhere on any type of official record that they DNA tested Anson County Jane Doe's tooth. I don't know it's likely still a strong possibility.
This is my first time hearing about this case, and my first impression is that those trailcam photos are truly haunting.

The odd thing is that despite looking like she had been hiking around for a while, with the three hour gap in the photo time stamps and muddy/dirty lower legs, she doesn't look like she had been living homeless or camping, having neat and clean looking hair.

Edit: I also failed to mention the oddity of her only wearing a bra and leggings.

I have put a theory out there that she may have possibly been r*ped or SA'd out in the woods. Perhaps she got into a relationship or hooked up with a pretty violent guy. Her movements are very shell shocked and she doesn't seem to be aware that she's literally out in the middle of the woods in pitch darkness. I would be freaked the f out and crying. There's something very odd about the whole thing.

There are many cases on this site where someone takes off into a remote area, and their bones are found months or years later, or never found at all.

I agree, but doing searches in a large forest is always difficult, in fact many cases of disappearance will be resolved by finding the remains in the woods; going back to this girl, it is also probable that she lived in the woods, inside a tent, many do, they isolate themselves by living like hermits.

I hope the exclusion was made based on DNA and not just circumstances, the resemblance between the two women is uncanny...
This is from an earlier post I made, might be on page 1??

From the Lenoir City Police department
Facebook Page

"To address a number of concerns from the public that we have received recently regarding the unidentified remains of a white female found in Anson County (Wadesboro NC) from 2022, dental records have confirmed that this was not April Michelle Reid (see poster below). We continue to follow up on all investigative leads and ask everyone to continue to pray for the safety and whereabouts of this individual. At this time, April Reid remains missing. Please continue to share any information that you feel would be helpful in our efforts. Thank you."

Picture from 2015, but I actually don't think there's enough resemblance from a side profile with April.
11942326_10207294231297740_9133804292076773287_o.jpg

(yes that's really her, she has a hand tattoo)

I would send emails to NamUs and the investigating agency. For the investigating agency (since it will more than likely be read by the investigator(s) personally, I would feel more comfortable elaborating on why you think this is a match. Include some links, maybe outline with bullet points. I think some people have actually written mini presentations (like with Word or Google Docs) and then attached it to the email. Doe Network has a match form you fill out on their website.

I have submitted once before, in early January. Haven't heard anything back (aside from the automated "we got it" message), but I also did it via NamUs and Doe Network (not everyone has a profile on DN) and chose to wait before emailing the department directly. The latter is more intimidating. II have a match I really care about but I also have to fight the feelings of messing with something I shouldn't. Can you tell my fatal flaw is overthinking? Lol.
TY! Overthinking is a good thing, to a point!

I wonder if this Doe could be someone who has been "missing" for a while and spent the last chunk of their life living on the fringes. Maybe hasn't been seen by a reporting party since they were quite young.

Just some ideas. I don't think either of these girls is a perfect match.

I wonder if this Doe could be someone who has been "missing" for a while and spent the last chunk of their life living on the fringes. Maybe hasn't been seen by a reporting party since they were quite young.

Just some ideas. I don't think either of these girls is a perfect match.

I'm thinking it's Amber Rae. I can't help but hope it is...
I've had a family member visit me by bus before, early on it was Nashville to Savannah ga, no big issues or hang ups, but about a year ago this same family member traveled to visit Nashville to Chattanooga which is maybe a 2 1/2 hr trip but the bus was literally 3 hours late. Not to mention, on the return trip the bus never even showed up!! They were supposed to leave at 7am and the bus didn't show until 5pm, and greyhound couldn't find a care. We took them back to Nashville ourselves but I remember thinking about all those other souls at the bus station. That's the other thing, while you would think the savannah bus station would be shady the Chattanooga one was far worse. There were tents lined up outside the fenced perimeter.

I'm saying all this because I can understand why Amber's family is concerned because her last contact was traveling a bus. All kinds of nefarious things and characters around bus stations especially nc Charlotte. Just my two cents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back