Found Alive Canada - Wanzhen Lu, 22, Kidnapped, Markham, Ontario, 24 Mar 2019

dyannaON

Reaction score
Police seek public help after armed kidnapping in Markham, Ont.
"It happened Saturday evening in the underground parking garage of a condo building in Markham, Ont.

York Regional Police say Wanzhen Lu and a friend were approached by three men, one of whom was carrying a stun gun.

Photos

They say the men grabbed Lu, forced him into a black minivan and fled.

The vehicle is described as a Dodge Caravan from 2008 to 2010 with no front licence plate.

The back licence plate, which police say is stolen, reads CEAR350"

"ARMED KIDNAPPING CONT'D - Wanzhen LU was wearing the clothing in this photo when he was forced into a van by 3 masked men, one armed with a taser. Incident occurred just before 6pm tonight in underground garage at 15 Water Walk Drive, Markham. Call 866-876-5423 x7541 with tips."

D2YshAmX0AAZOMZ.jpg

Photos released of Markham armed kidnapping suspects
The van is described as a 2008 to 2010 black Dodge Caravan with no front license plate. The license plate on the back of the van is CEAR350. The Ontario plate was stolen from Peel Region on March 11.

The first suspect was a male wearing a mask, blue pants and a black jacket. Another is described as a dark-skinned male, around six foot one inch wearing a black Canada goose jacket.

The third suspect was wearing dark blue jeans with a jacket and is described as a dark-skinned male with a heavier build, around six foot two inches. The last suspect was wearing a green and yellow jacket with a hood.

Very interesting "live" video from a few minutes ago: (EDITED: removed video, as cybervampira just posted it. :))
The victim is a Chinese national going to school in Toronto. He was shocked in the process of the kidnapping. (My guess is that the motive is money/ransom.)

The vehicle is pretty specific - wheelchair accessible with stickers and identifying marks. Someone knows that vehicle.

Photos released of Markham armed kidnapping suspects
The van is described as a 2008 to 2010 black Dodge Caravan with no front license plate. The license plate on the back of the van is CEAR350. The Ontario plate was stolen from Peel Region on March 11.

The first suspect was a male wearing a mask, blue pants and a black jacket. Another is described as a dark-skinned male, around six foot one inch wearing a black Canada goose jacket.

The third suspect was wearing dark blue jeans with a jacket and is described as a dark-skinned male with a heavier build, around six foot two inches. The last suspect was wearing a green and yellow jacket with a hood.

Pretty recognizable van with the handicapped sticker, hopefully they can find the owner even with the stolen plate!

Is that a bullet hole underneath the back seat window?

View attachment 175972

Also, what is with the "savali" written across the back, at the bottom? A quick google indicates that could be an exhaust system? I wonder if that is standard, or custom? (even if not an exhaust system, the question still stands, because if custom it could be yet another identifying factor)

Edited to add:
I found this about savali tuning, whatever that is: Savali Tuning (you may need to have the page translated). Dodge is not one of the cars listed on the site, but they say (sic) "if your car isn't listed, call us!"

I know I'm belaboring this point, but I think LE will be looking at this, since I am guessing it is not common at all, and they may be able to find the owner of the vehicle with this information.

Last edited:
Is that a bullet hole underneath the back seat window?

View attachment 175972
I completely forgot to also comment on the bullet hole. It certainly looks like that could be a bullet hole on the rear driver's side panel, but I'd like to see another image since I think it could also be a reflection. (I wasn't able to find another image yet.)

ETA: Sorry for multiple posts/thoughts. But I think this will be resolved quickly (and hopefully with a positive outcome) because these suspects do not seem very bright. Yeah, they used a stolen license plate, but that vehicle is just too identifiable, regardless. Thank goodness for moron criminals. Fingers crossed.

As a cautionary note: we had a very similar thing occur last month (last week?) here in Winnipeg: Chinese student from a wealthy family, abduction, ransom asked for. It turned out that the ‘victim’ had engineered his own kidnapping to get money out of his parents. See this article for details:
Kidnapping 'victim' faked crime with accomplice, police allege

There are also a number of kidnapping scams going around specifically targeting Chinese students in Canada.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86
Back