WARNING:GRAPHIC PHOTOS Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone done a test with bathroom cleaners and luminol?

My housekeepers always leave their shoes in front of the house. They clean in bare feet. So if they were cleaning the shower and stepped out, it would make a print on the tile for sure, reactive to luminol. I'm not sure how long it would last but it would be interesting to see if this test had been done. By the pattern, it looks like the prints go from the bathroom and into AK's room... and none anywhere near MK's room.

I would guess there are a few "bloody" footprints in my own house!! And with my DNA, my boyfriends DNA, and my daughters DNA, even though we are not dead or murderers.

Break ins are not language dependent. It doesn't matter where one lives. If they arrive home, there's blood where there wasn't blood the day before, broken window, door wide open, one locked bedroom ... I could understand if Amanda phoned her mom at that time, or Meredith, or even Raffaele .. but she didn't.

No one thought Amanda was guilty because of this.

If no one thought AK was guilty because of it, I wonder why it keeps coming up?

Dealing with the police is indeed an issue of language. I'm glad I've never had to do so with regards to a criminal matter in a non-English-speaking country.

There were a few drops of blood. Not enough to assume someone had bled to death. I would not have done so.

I agree AK should have responded more quickly, but I also understand--and have explained--perhaps why she did not.

I agreed to my daughter going into Bosnia for humanitarian work when she was about 16 or 17 years old ... scary, but true. I would trust that my children would be mature and responsible if they were in a foreign country and otherwise they would be at home. If my daughter had been a screw up in Bosnia, death was the consequence ... and I trusted her. She's still alive and not in jail.

Good for her and good for you and your parenting skills. (I went to Bosnia myself in the late 90s and remember well the rules, warnings and dangers.)

But you and your daughter knew the dangers, discussed them in advance, etc.

That is all very admirable, but considerably different from the sudden unexplained murder of a daughter's roommate.

Good for her and good for you and your parenting skills. (I went to Bosnia myself in the late 90s and remember well the rules, warnings and dangers.)

But you and your daughter knew the dangers, discussed them in advance, etc.

That is all very admirable, but considerably different from the sudden unexplained murder of a daughter's roommate.

Apparently all of Knox's parents forgot to have the talk with Amanda ... the one where they tell her to stay away from drugs and alcohol, don't sleep around, don't talk to strangers, keep a good schedule, don't lie to police, don't pretend to be a restless teenager at the police station, and to respect the laws and customs of the fabric of the society where she is visiting. Amanda should have listened to her aunt and uncle and fulfilled her job responsibilities in Berlin. She should have listened to them when they told her to go to Germany. She should have listened to her mom when she was told to return home. She should have listened ... but apparently she didn't feel like listening to anyone ... and look where she landed herself.

Maybe Raffaele is innocent and everything that happened is just a huge series of unforunate circumstances ... everyone is corrupt, DNA flies and so on.

Apparently all of Knox's parents forgot to have the talk with Amanda ... the one where they tell her to stay away from drugs and alcohol, don't sleep around, don't talk to strangers, keep a good schedule, don't lie to police, don't pretend to be a restless teenager at the police station, and to respect the laws and customs of the fabric of the society where she is visiting. Amanda should have listened to her aunt and uncle and fulfilled her job responsibilities in Berlin. She should have listened to them when they told her to go to Germany. She should have listened to her mom when she was told to return home. She should have listened ... but apparently she didn't feel like listening to anyone ... and look where she landed herself.

It's interesting that the first things you mention are drugs and sex.

Perhaps it's a coincidence, but in a lot of posts and articles about Amanda Knox, those "crimes" seem to be paramount, whether she actually committed the murder secondary.

Now you have AK "pretending" to be a restless teenager? Whatever was the point of pretending?

It's interesting that the first things you mention are drugs and sex.

Perhaps it's a coincidence, but in a lot of posts and articles about Amanda Knox, those "crimes" seem to be paramount, whether she actually committed the murder secondary.

Now you have AK "pretending" to be a restless teenager? Whatever was the point of pretending?

Why mention Amanda's drug use? Blame "articles and posts"? No. Amanda said that her memory was faulty because she was stoned. After her arrest, she vowed to never do drugs again. That is the reason why I mention her drug use ... her words, and nothing to do with the fact that her hazy drugged up memory and flashbacks were reported in the news. Knox should have known better than to go to a foreign country, get drugged up, drunk, hook up with strangers ... very stupid behavior for a woman in a foreign country.

Knox's illegal drug abuse is not the reason she was convicted of murder.

Bremner said that Knox flipped cartwheels at the police station because she was a restless teenager. She's not a teenager, so maybe she was pretending to be a teenager.

Why mention Amanda's drug use? Blame "articles and posts"? No. Amanda said that her memory was faulty because she was stoned. After her arrest, she vowed to never do drugs again. That is the reason why I mention her drug use ... her words, and nothing to do with the fact that her hazy drugged up memory and flashbacks were reported in the news. Knox should have known better than to go to a foreign country, get drugged up, drunk, hook up with strangers ... very stupid behavior for a woman in a foreign country.

Knox's illegal drug abuse is not the reason she was convicted of murder.

Bremner said that Knox flipped cartwheels at the police station because she was a restless teenager. She's not a teenager, so maybe she was pretending to be a teenager.

Okay, she was 4 months past being a teenager. I think nearly everyone has agreed she was immature in many ways, so if she behaved like a teenager, it should be no surprise.

And I still say no guilty person does cartwheels at the police station. AK's carefree gymnastics are obvious evidence of her innocence.

Okay, she was 4 months past being a teenager. I think nearly everyone has agreed she was immature in many ways, so if she behaved like a teenager, it should be no surprise.

And I still say no guilty person does cartwheels at the police station. AK's carefree gymnastics are obvious evidence of her innocence.

Teenagers can't vote. Adults can. She was 20 years old at the time of the murder. Describe Knox at the police station to any 15 year old today and I think you'll find that you'll have to repeat yourself several times, and desribe the scene several times before you pick the 15 year old's jaw up from the floor.

Teenagers are not so stupid as to do gymnastics at a police station during a murder investigation.

out of context

I agree 100% to what I've quoted! Yet I must say after all that's been said, I am not sure just how much, if at all, Amanda was involved in Meredith's death - I am very much bothered by the lack of legal counsel Amanda received - even if it was own fault that she did not seek it.

I'm curious, what do you mean by, "all very political"
It is the way the lawyers work I guess. RG's lawyer carefully avoids pointing the finger directly at RS. He has one of the best lawyers of the country. RG standing up during the appeal and saying he saw AK from the window. What for he say that? He already stated he heard her voice. I think it is the lawyers who play 'political' games behind the scenes. Maybe 'political' is the wrong term..lol.. It is just my feeling :)

Teenagers are not so stupid as to do gymnastics at a police station during a murder investigation.

I think it's safe to assume that these cartwheels weren't jubilant. Perhaps she was just bored. They are being thrown WAY out of proportion, IMO.

Teenagers can't vote. Adults can. She was 20 years old at the time of the murder. Describe Knox at the police station to any 15 year old today and I think you'll find that you'll have to repeat yourself several times, and desribe the scene several times before you pick the 15 year old's jaw up from the floor.

And how many hours had she been there over how many days? Yes, her behavior was inappropriate. But since she was innocent of murder and thought she had nothing to fear from ILE, after a full work-week at the station she behaved less formally than the situation warranted.

Immature? Sure. Indicative of guilt? Hardly; quite the opposite.

It is the way the lawyers work I guess. RG's lawyer carefully avoids pointing the finger directly at RS. He has one of the best lawyers of the country. RG standing up during the appeal and saying he saw AK from the window. What for he say that? He already stated he heard her voice. I think it is the lawyers who play 'political' games behind the scenes. Maybe 'political' is the wrong term..lol.. It is just my feeling :)

I can't prove that what you say is true, but you used the right word: "political."

out of context

I agree 100% to what I've quoted! Yet I must say after all that's been said, I am not sure just how much, if at all, Amanda was involved in Meredith's death - I am very much bothered by the lack of legal counsel Amanda received - even if it was own fault that she did not seek it.

Nothing Amanda said during questioning was entered into court ... everything was completely excluded.

Tell on him? His DNA, footprints, fingerprints, shoe prints, and feces were all found in that apt.

Isn't it just as likely that he didn't tell on them because there was nothing to tell...because they weren't there and they didn't commit this crime together?

He did not implicate them, at least not initially. Further, he was secretly taped on a phone call to a friend saying they (AK and RS) were not in the apt at the time he was.
Assuming AK+RS were in the cottage with him then I am sure they got a thing or two to tell on him. From his point of view, he was in the toilet during the murder and still claims he is innocent. Therefore he carefully avoids pointing the finger directly at either AK or RS. At the time of his arrest I believe it was already in the news that AK confessed being in the kitchen during the murder so he added the presence of AK in his fairy tale.

Assuming AK+RS were not in the cottage with him, then why not point the finger directly at them? They got nothing to tell on him. No point in keeping it vague and not accuse them directly.

In the skype call with his friend he initially said he wasn't there himself. It doesn't really make any sense to pick out one thing he said and claim that to be the truth just because it fits your own theory. He said a lot of different things, and kept changing his story. I think whatever your theory is most will agree that RG is a liar.

JMO.

I think it's safe to assume that these cartwheels weren't jubilant. Perhaps she was just bored. They are being thrown WAY out of proportion, IMO.

i think you're right. I think AK spent a lot of that week cooped up at the police station and she got bored and fidgety. It's fine to talk about proper decorum, but after 10+ hours per day at the station for several days, lots of young people would get antsy.

But I got tired of explaining that. Those who grab at anything to slander AK like to talk about "cartwheels" because the expression in English usually indicates jubilance.

So I decided to change tactics. Now I say, "Fine; AK was jubilant. So obviously she is innocent if she was so carefree and upbeat at a police station."

As it turns out, a lot of the claims that are supposed to damn AK actually imply her innocence if one looks at them with a bit of common sense:

Cartwheels at the station = not worried what police think.

Reporting break-in with RS = not trying to distance herself from crime.

Insensitive comment about MK's suffering = not worried that her friends will think she is uncaring and take that as a sign of guilt.

Skipping memorial service = ditto.

And so forth...

Nothing Amanda said during questioning was entered into court ... everything was completely excluded.

Completely excluded after being repeated in the press for months. I assume most of the jurors could read.

Assuming AK+RS were in the cottage with him then I am sure they got a thing or two to tell on him. From his point of view, he was in the toilet during the murder and still claims he is innocent. Therefore he carefully avoids pointing the finger directly at either AK or RS. At the time of his arrest I believe it was already in the news that AK confessed being in the kitchen during the murder so he added the presence of AK in his fairy tale.

Assuming AK+RS were not in the cottage with him, then why not point the finger directly at them? They got nothing to tell on him. No point in keeping it vague and not accuse them directly.

In the skype call with his friend he initially said he wasn't there himself. It doesn't really make any sense to pick out one thing he said and claim that to be the truth just because it fits your own theory. He said a lot of different things, and kept changing his story. I think whatever your theory is most will agree that RG is a liar.

JMO.

But pick and choose is also exactly what people do with AK's and RS' statements. Without those statements, there is NO evidence that either of them was present at the time of the crime.

The fact is most witness statements are probably some mix of truth and fiction (either deliberate or accidental), and part of the task of each juror is trying to tell which is which.

i think you're right. I think AK spent a lot of that week cooped up at the police station and she got bored and fidgety. It's fine to talk about proper decorum, but after 10+ hours per day at the station for several days, lots of young people would get antsy.

But I got tired of explaining that. Those who grab at anything to slander AK like to talk about "cartwheels" because the expression in English usually indicates jubilance.

So I decided to change tactics. Now I say, "Fine; AK was jubilant. So obviously she is innocent if she was so carefree and upbeat at a police station."

As it turns out, a lot of the claims that are supposed to damn AK actually imply her innocence if one looks at them with a bit of common sense:
Cartwheels at the station = not worried what police think.

Reporting break-in with RS = not trying to distance herself from crime.

Insensitive comment about MK's suffering = not worried that her friends will think she is uncaring and take that as a sign of guilt.

Skipping memorial service = ditto.

And so forth...

BBM
Not sure if it speaks of her innocence - but it sure speaks of her need to have had good legal counsel right from start! As much as I may not approve of her behavior – convicting her of murder is too serious a thing to see her so unprotected in the situation she was in! Amanda, if only you would have listened to your mom and gotten the heck out of there!

But pick and choose is also exactly what people do with AK's and RS' statements. Without those statements, there is NO evidence that either of them was present at the time of the crime.

The fact is most witness statements are probably some mix of truth and fiction (either deliberate or accidental), and part of the task of each juror is trying to tell which is which.
In your opinion. Sure, I accept that. Unfortunately, there is a lot of evidence they were there and shows exactly what they did. No there isn't. Yes there is. No. Yes. No. Yes. Coffee anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa